Assetto Corsa | Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo Coming As Part Of New Esport Series

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In yet more Assetto Corsa news, Italian giants Ferrari have announced a new Esport series that will include the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo as exclusive content for participants.
  • Ferrari Hublot Esports Series debuts September.
  • The Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo will be a series exclusive new car.
  • Categories for PRO and AM drivers.
In a special press announcement earlier today, featuring lead Ferrari Formula One driver Charles Leclerc, the iconic Ferrari brand have announced their next official venture into the world of esport racing. The Ferrari Hublot Esport Series is set to debut over the course of the coming months, beginning this September, with pre-entries opening on August 7th for European residents over 18-years of age.

Want to know what Leclerc and co have to say about the new series? Check out the announcement conference below:

What makes this series particularly interesting, aside from the fact it involves one of the most storied names in motorsport, is the fact that the new category has elected to pair up with the original Assetto Corsa simulation, which has opened up the opportunity for the series to bring the Ferrari 488 challenge Evo car into the title - adding a free piece of content available exclusively to drivers who take part in the qualification process.

ferrari 5.jpg

ferrari 2.jpg

As the new championship is set to be split between PRO (invitational drivers) and AM (qualified drivers), the 12 fastest drivers in each category to emerge from the four October races will go forward to the finals in November when the overall winner will be decided over three races.

In terms of prizes, Ferrari plan to award the overall champion a place in the Ferrari Driver Academy Hublot Esports team, alongside the reigning F1 Esports Drivers’ Champion, David Tonizza, and established esport star Enzo Bonito - with coaching and advice provided to the drivers during the season from Charles Leclerc.

Assetto Corsa is available now for console and PC.

Want to enhance your Assetto Corsa experience? Head over to the AC mods section and browse through the awesome things our community have been creating!

ferrai 3.jpg
ferrari 1.jpg

I doubt SRO has this power on ACC. The Challenge is a global series so I guess they'll have US rounds and tracks like LilSki Watkins will be used
SRO has exactly that kind of power. Why do you think we still don't have nords in acc? :)

If a car or a track doesn't exist in a sro organized series, you can ABSOLUTELY forget about having it in ACC.

I love "OG AC"
I am not convinced that the car will be available outside of the challenge yet. I have not clearly heard that you get to keep and use the car.
I know ferrari isn't exactly short of cash but come on this is money waiting to be made, i think people would easily fork over 4 euros for this car, i'd pay 6.

• Deleted member 197115

Because Kunos develops ACC as the "official Blancpain series game", which obviously means they cant do other series on that game because Blancpain wouldn't be happy with that.
In 2019, SRO Group announced that their sponsorship agreement with Blancpain had come to an end, this resulted in the Blancpain GT Series being renamed the GT World Challenge Europe with the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup and Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe being renamed the GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup and Sprint Cup respectively.

@Andrew_WOT
Blancpain never owned ACC. SRO owned ACC since day one. ACC was called official blancpain game because... well, blancpain happened to be the title sponsor of sro gt series at the time ACC began development. If tomorrow vodafone came out and bought the title rights to SRO gt series, we'd instantly see ACC: official vodafone gt championship game :)

I even thought about e-mailing mr. ratel himself to organize a race on nords just so we could have it in ACC :D No sro affiliation = no game representation sadly.

@Andrew_WOT
Blancpain never owned ACC. SRO owned ACC since day one. ACC was called official blancpain game because... well, blancpain happened to be the title sponsor of sro gt series at the time ACC began development. If tomorrow vodafone came out and bought the title rights to SRO gt series, we'd instantly see ACC: official vodafone gt championship game :)

I even thought about e-mailing mr. ratel himself to organize a race on nords just so we could have it in ACC :D No sro affiliation = no game representation sadly.
exactly! that's what I thought.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing