Assetto Corsa | Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo Coming As Part Of New Esport Series

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In yet more Assetto Corsa news, Italian giants Ferrari have announced a new Esport series that will include the Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo as exclusive content for participants.
  • Ferrari Hublot Esports Series debuts September.
  • The Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo will be a series exclusive new car.
  • Categories for PRO and AM drivers.
In a special press announcement earlier today, featuring lead Ferrari Formula One driver Charles Leclerc, the iconic Ferrari brand have announced their next official venture into the world of esport racing. The Ferrari Hublot Esport Series is set to debut over the course of the coming months, beginning this September, with pre-entries opening on August 7th for European residents over 18-years of age.

Want to know what Leclerc and co have to say about the new series? Check out the announcement conference below:

What makes this series particularly interesting, aside from the fact it involves one of the most storied names in motorsport, is the fact that the new category has elected to pair up with the original Assetto Corsa simulation, which has opened up the opportunity for the series to bring the Ferrari 488 challenge Evo car into the title - adding a free piece of content available exclusively to drivers who take part in the qualification process.

ferrari 5.jpg

ferrari 2.jpg

As the new championship is set to be split between PRO (invitational drivers) and AM (qualified drivers), the 12 fastest drivers in each category to emerge from the four October races will go forward to the finals in November when the overall winner will be decided over three races.

In terms of prizes, Ferrari plan to award the overall champion a place in the Ferrari Driver Academy Hublot Esports team, alongside the reigning F1 Esports Drivers’ Champion, David Tonizza, and established esport star Enzo Bonito - with coaching and advice provided to the drivers during the season from Charles Leclerc.

Assetto Corsa is available now for console and PC.

Want to enhance your Assetto Corsa experience? Head over to the AC mods section and browse through the awesome things our community have been creating!

ferrai 3.jpg
ferrari 1.jpg

It may be a language issue. SRO don't "own" ACC but the contract to make ACC with the SRO license might limit Kunos from including non-SRO content in the title.
might or might not, as I said, people don't know but keep spreading this weird view of exclusiveness, reason why they should show actual sources of that.
Some even go beyond stupid to say XGT3 can't be in other sims because of ACC. :O_o:

26TH a Official KTM, 28th a official Ferrari GT please tell us what to expect on the 30th ?
talk about Kunos teasing us with a GT4 car everyday here we getting spoiled, :D
the week of Gary!
tbf the ferrari model clearly has a lot of similarities with already existing ones within AC, so I'd imagine it wouldn't quite be a full new model.

But i think there is no more from Gary for a while, he's on holiday :D

From bsimracing " All participants will compete driving a virtual Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo developed by Kunos Simulazioni in cooperation with Ferrari "

If true, will make this is an official Kunos
Yes 100% its a official Kunos car, its funny though this is 2 cars in no less than a few days in which both was AC cars ported into ACC I imagine be there at some point also the latest EVO Spec,

the only downpart is OnLy EuRoPeAnS AlOwEd, witch is RIDICULOUS, motorsports already are a very hard thing to reach irl, but in eSports you MUST BE or you cant compete? no, thanks

the only downpart is OnLy EuRoPeAnS AlOwEd, witch is RIDICULOUS, motorsports already are a very hard thing to reach irl, but in eSports you MUST BE or you cant compete? no, thanks
Its not this or they are been nasty or mean to people,
what you need to take into consideration and take it there 1st is the current COVID situation,

yes by all means to Ferrari makes 0 difference if you live in Moldova or Mars I doubt there pockets feel the difference either way,

but just for example what happens if someone joins and wins from say Brazil or some place in which would be almost impossible for people to travel to some large event they may have planned or may not,

but most likely the current situation will be playing a large part behind it, like they said in the video hopefully next year they can make it larger and more open,

id still like to have the car though to play with,
why not make it 100% free download but only people who can register to compete in the events be EU members only ?

Its not this or they are been nasty or mean to people,
what you need to take into consideration and take it there 1st is the current COVID situation,

yes by all means to Ferrari makes 0 difference if you live in Moldova or Mars I doubt there pockets feel the difference either way,

but just for example what happens if someone joins and wins from say Brazil or some place in which would be almost impossible for people to travel to some large event they may have planned or may not,

but most likely the current situation will be playing a large part behind it, like they said in the video hopefully next year they can make it larger and more open,

id still like to have the car though to play with,
why not make it 100% free download but only people who can register to compete in the events be EU members only ?
yeah by this side completely tru, but stills, should be nice to participate on a big event like that, plus the qualifiers should be in home of each driver, so i see no problem to make part of the quali :p

Reactions: CC
I’m not sure why it’s Europe only? Is it because of lag?
I think these kind of things are usually limited for legal reasons. I.e. the price difference between having lawyers prepare what is needed for contest rules, prize rules, taxation, etc within one somewhat unified setting (the EU) vs the work needed to include many other countries too

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back