• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Assetto Corsa | Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo Coming As Part Of New Esport Series

SunBro

1000RPM
Jun 17, 2014
I doubt SRO has this power on ACC. The Challenge is a global series so I guess they'll have US rounds and tracks like LilSki Watkins will be used
SRO has exactly that kind of power. Why do you think we still don't have nords in acc? :)

If a car or a track doesn't exist in a sro organized series, you can ABSOLUTELY forget about having it in ACC.

Reactions: Nevini

BULLET4JUSTICE2

25RPM
Premium
Jul 6, 2017
Wasn't this car already in the game? All these modern racing cars look all the same to me.
yeah, as I understand it, this version of the car is aimed at gentlemen drivers or people who cant race all year to race within the Ferrari Challenge series. some nice extra cash for Ferrari I bet.

SunBro

1000RPM
Jun 17, 2014
I love "OG AC"
I am not convinced that the car will be available outside of the challenge yet. I have not clearly heard that you get to keep and use the car.
I know ferrari isn't exactly short of cash but come on this is money waiting to be made, i think people would easily fork over 4 euros for this car, i'd pay 6.

250RPM
Jul 20, 2017
Why does the sim racing community perpetually pretend that the US doesn't exist

Andrew_WOT

3000RPM
May 11, 2014
Because Kunos develops ACC as the "official Blancpain series game", which obviously means they cant do other series on that game because Blancpain wouldn't be happy with that.
In 2019, SRO Group announced that their sponsorship agreement with Blancpain had come to an end, this resulted in the Blancpain GT Series being renamed the GT World Challenge Europe with the Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup and Blancpain GT World Challenge Europe being renamed the GT World Challenge Europe Endurance Cup and Sprint Cup respectively.

Reactions: wroobel

SunBro

1000RPM
Jun 17, 2014
@Andrew_WOT
Blancpain never owned ACC. SRO owned ACC since day one. ACC was called official blancpain game because... well, blancpain happened to be the title sponsor of sro gt series at the time ACC began development. If tomorrow vodafone came out and bought the title rights to SRO gt series, we'd instantly see ACC: official vodafone gt championship game :)

I even thought about e-mailing mr. ratel himself to organize a race on nords just so we could have it in ACC :D No sro affiliation = no game representation sadly.

Reactions: wroobel

BULLET4JUSTICE2

25RPM
Premium
Jul 6, 2017
@Andrew_WOT
Blancpain never owned ACC. SRO owned ACC since day one. ACC was called official blancpain game because... well, blancpain happened to be the title sponsor of sro gt series at the time ACC began development. If tomorrow vodafone came out and bought the title rights to SRO gt series, we'd instantly see ACC: official vodafone gt championship game :)

I even thought about e-mailing mr. ratel himself to organize a race on nords just so we could have it in ACC :D No sro affiliation = no game representation sadly.
exactly! that's what I thought.

Leonardo Chaves

1000RPM
Oct 11, 2010
I did the pre signing despite the fact that i'm not european, hopefully i can still get the car...
Ferrari just likes to complicate things.