Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 458 GT2 Gameplay Video

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Assetto Corsa: Ferrari 458 GT2 Gameplay Video

[youtube]

Kunos Simulazione just released a new video from their already infamous iPad recorded developer videos series. This time featuring the Ferrari 458 GT2 racing around Autodromo di Monza.

The GT2 is driven in game at 12:00 o'clock in the afternoon without the use of any driving assists and the steering input comes from a Fanatec ClubSport Wheel.

The following hardware configuration was used while recording the session with an iPad:

Last edited:
Hmmm. Not sure what to think of this. The car looks too light and too grippy, or is it just me ? :D

I was sceptical too at first but he roughly did a 1:48 which is the same as this years qual times for BES at monza (that's gt3 laptimes). I think its just hard to tell what the cars are really capable of because you dont see them driving on (over :D) the limit like this so often.
Yeah, but look how crap this lap was (no offence) Missing the apex in t1, followed by going in too hot for the 2nd part of the chicane resulting in a poor exit. Then in turn 3 missing the apex yet again, followed by a poor exit with oversteer. The rest of the lap is quite ok, but far from perfect also. Now, imagine how much time there is to gain as this lap was probably with basic setup, and with a lot of mistakes ;)

PS: I don't drive iRacing, so don't call me an iRacing fanboy or something :D

Jeffrey Rietveld dont think the video is released to show off driver skills :)

im not sure what for this video overall is but nothing seem to show really here.After watching this video few times now i liked it from first watch but then i went to look to some real reference and the game has some really strange lightning, not sure if the HDR is just to much but the grass and trees look so unnatural actually, looks like some animated disney movie allready. Somebody mentioned few days for f1 2013 game that grass looks like radioactive, i would say the same here for AC and in other videos to.

Now, imagine how much time there is to gain as this lap was probably with basic setup, and with a lot of mistakes ;)

I honestly dont think there are seconds to gain tho.^^
Let's stay realistic, there are too many assumptions and different factors that play into this to be able to make a judgement. Im just gonna say that i'm content with the similarity to the gt3 times.

Insane RD event at opening.....i whould imagine the crowd...the smell of fast food and fuel mixed together with the feeling of a bon-er when watching those pit babes "heating the rubber".
Than i clear my thoughts and i am in the AC server lobby. :p

For accuracy's sake I think the gear change motion of the hand should be much more aggressive - these boxes are fairly agricultural and require quite a bit of strength to use, or so I'm led to believe. And yes I know they're wip animations. Just in case Kunos still bother to come here and are still taking on feedback.

Having said that I'll almost immediately turn the wheel and arms off anyway :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back