Assetto Corsa Fanatec CSW Settings

Oscillation Fix!!!!

I got my v2.5 wheel over the weekend, and while good, the oscillation down straights was getting annoying, and no amount of settings seemed to eliminate the issue. So here I am, thinking, well how in the world do direct drive wheels manage on AC?

Turns out, in the Assetto Corsa ini file, there is a force feedback option called 'Gyro' that was developed for ultra low resistance wheels that have more powerful motors - think direct drive wheels. Enabling this eliminated the oscillating issue all together. I still run my drift at -3 (CSW v2.5 setting, if v2 would be 1 or 2) because I like the extra resistance.

In order to enable it:

1 - browse to your assetto_corsa.ini file, which should be steamlibrary\common\assettocorsa\System\cfg\
2 - Open it up with notepad / text editor and look for the Experimental Force Feedback section
3 - Updated the Gyro setting from '0' to '1' and save
4 - If AC was open, close it and relaunch
5 - Prosper

Not certain if this is the correct forum but I hope someone can point me in the proper direction. I have a Lenovo Windows MR headset that works perfectly in Project Cars 2. However in Assetto Corsa the drive session will start and I'm able to look around my vehicle and surroundings just fine but my wheel and pedal inputs are not recognized at all so of course I can't drive. I have a Fanatec CSW wheel and pedals with loadcell. I'm at my wits end and especially frustrated since everything works perfectly in PCars 2. Any suggestions?

Have you gone in and remapped your controls or run through the calibration wizard? It's not unusual for my AC to randomly lose it's control settings for some reason and I have to go reload my controller profile.

Thanks for the reply Brandon. I have remapped the controls several times and even created a VR controls preset in CM but don't remember the last time I ran the calibration Wizard so I'll try that and report back. BTW, the wheel/pedal inputs actually worked once the day before I posted. However I forgot to plug my headphones into the headset so I ended the session and restarted it and poof, no controls again (except for mouse and keyboard which always work). I even unplugged the headphones and tried again but still no joy. Will try calibration wizard.

So running the calibration Wizard in AC did not help. Oddly enough when in VR the calibration Wizard and input assignment screens recognize the wheel inputs but not when I'm in the car! Tried having wheel the connected via USB 2.0 and then USB 3.0 neither makes a difference. Tried launching via CM and just from AC directly still no difference. So frustrating since it's so immersive when I'm in the car with VR, even more so than when in Project Cars. Is there another forum I can turn to for help? No one on Steam has replied to my plea for help.

Hello,
I would like to ask if someone could please post their actual Fanatec and AC settings? CSW V2.5
I bought this bundle a few weeks ago and I can't make it work properly.. My old G25 feel much more realistic
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or is that the new versions of the wheelbase driver make difference, but I feel it very very unrealistic...vibrations, low ffb, it's very erratic.
I would like to have the most realistic feedback possible for making fast laps or racing, no drift. Also, I would like to feel the brake when tires block and the gas pedal when there is spin.
This feel very frustrating, thanks in advance!!

So running the calibration Wizard in AC did not help. Oddly enough when in VR the calibration Wizard and input assignment screens recognize the wheel inputs but not when I'm in the car! Tried having wheel the connected via USB 2.0 and then USB 3.0 neither makes a difference. Tried launching via CM and just from AC directly still no difference. So frustrating since it's so immersive when I'm in the car with VR, even more so than when in Project Cars. Is there another forum I can turn to for help? No one on Steam has replied to my plea for help.

Same issue here. Configuration wizzard seems to get stuck too at the 90 deg confirmation. Although it seems to work in the settings as soon I get in the car nothing works, yes full on throttle and only downshift works.

Using VR here too....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 283 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years