Assetto Corsa Fanatec CSW Settings

It helps turning wheel faster with artifially helping wheel turning with motors. Some say that setting 003 would be "most natural" with reduced friction, but I usually keep drift off 'cause it makes ffb spongy and steering in overall feeling strange.

Has they changed something in ffb? Steering feels like s**t with v2, light centre/no proper forces or resistance in centre zone. Overall horrible rubbery feel. I prefer stiff steering with zero centre ffb-deadzone, there has to forces straight away when I start to turn the wheel. And earlier there was quite decent feel, but not nowadays.

I use 250 drivers and 176 firmware in wheel.

Any news on this, Raikku? Have you rolled back the driver/firmware?

@Moxley6969
so i ran "WheelCheck 1.72", with 100 count, twice, got CSV file and used "LUT generator 0.15" for LUT file into CFG folder of AC and also edited the "ff_post_process.ini" file as per instructions.

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=myfilename.lut

this is the CURVE from LUT GENERATOR (no clue/ idea what it means):
LUT_CSW_V2_CSW_Formula_wheel.png

my wheel feels now completely "floaty" no resistance at all while driving, and only in LEFT and RIGHT HAND turns i get hits/ bangs in the wheel as if someone is hitting with a hammer very subtle hits...very strange and weird, wheel feels like good old days of "NO FFB". hmm.

and in game/ AC settings:
AC_main_controls.png AC_advanced.png

@Moxley6969
so i ran "WheelCheck 1.72", with 100 count, twice, got CSV file and used "LUT generator 0.15" for LUT file into CFG folder of AC and also edited the "ff_post_process.ini" file as per instructions.

[HEADER]
VERSION=1
TYPE=LUT
ENABLED=1

[GAMMA]
VALUE=1

[LUT]
CURVE=myfilename.lut

this is the CURVE from LUT GENERATOR (no clue/ idea what it means):
View attachment 147202

my wheel feels now completely "floaty" no resistance at all while driving, and only in LEFT and RIGHT HAND turns i get hits/ bangs in the wheel as if someone is hitting with a hammer very subtle hits...very strange and weird, wheel feels like good old days of "NO FFB". hmm.

and in game/ AC settings:
View attachment 147204 View attachment 147205

This looks weird. In the AC settings try 900 degrees rotation and not 40(!?). Kerb, Road and Slip around 40. Your LUT curve should be a straight line from bottom left to upper right. If you run Wheelcheck, make sure you have FFB and FF on 100, DRI OFF. Hope this helps.

thank you @BioForce for your post and help here! appreciate it!

i just rebooted the wheel and did it again, twice, second time the line was more what it should be? seems when cold booted wheel, always shows some crazy graph, then second/ third/ fourth time around it is more of what it should be.
LUT_CSW_V2_CSW_Formula_wheel_new.png
AC degrees rotation setting: - 40 degrees ---> because I use Fanaleds and per vehicle settings for angle/ DOR in the XML Fanaleds uses (that's why 40)(http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-fanaleds-1-7-x-xml-profile.124290/)

as for my CSW V2 base, I run:
FF:100
SHo: 100
AbS: OFF
LIn: OFF
dEA: OFF
drI: OFF
For: 100
SPr: OFF
dPr: OFF

AC advanced (all values zero, since i do not want anything added, just pure effects) I can always change this if I don't like it:
Kerb Effects: "0"
Road Effects: "0"
Slip Effects: "0"

@Moxley6969
my wheel feels now completely "floaty" no resistance at all while driving, and only in LEFT and RIGHT HAND turns

FWIW, My CSW V2 kind of did the same thing. There is an issue with one of the motors overheating and failing. I contacted Fanatec USA and they had me ship it in for repair. Fortunately, it only cost me shipping. From what I've read on the AC Forums, this has to do with too much gain for the force feedback. I use FFB Clip now and always go about -10 from what is suggested while still rounding, ex. FFB recommends 77. So 77-10 rounded, I manually set the car in game to 70. This still gives ample feedback but the fans down work near as hard and the unit doesn't get hot after long sessions.

@Brandon Wright can you share your settings? Right now I'm using:

dPr: 030

Kerb Effects: "30"
Understeer Enhanced ON
Brake Gamma 1.0

I tried a hundred times run the wheelcheck to generate the LUT, but generated curve never seems to be right.. so I leave the ff_post_process.ini default ( gamma 0.5 )

Anything I can do to make it better? I just bought my fanatec and still searching for the best setup..

@Brandon Wright can you share your settings? Right now I'm using:

dPr: 030

Kerb Effects: "30"
Understeer Enhanced ON
Brake Gamma 1.0

I tried a hundred times run the wheelcheck to generate the LUT, but generated curve never seems to be right.. so I leave the ff_post_process.ini default ( gamma 0.5 )

Anything I can do to make it better? I just bought my fanatec and still searching for the best setup..

If you're on a CSW you don't need the LUT. Your settings are pretty similar to mine, but I think with DRI set to off you're getting a heavily dampened wheel. I'd try turning that up a bit, the preferred setting is 3 which means it neither dampens nor accelerates the rotation but I usually prefer 1 or 2. I also do not like using the enhanced understeer, but I do add a touch of Road and Slip effects (around 10 I believe).

If you're on a CSW you don't need the LUT. Your settings are pretty similar to mine, but I think with DRI set to off you're getting a heavily dampened wheel. I'd try turning that up a bit, the preferred setting is 3 which means it neither dampens nor accelerates the rotation but I usually prefer 1 or 2. I also do not like using the enhanced understeer, but I do add a touch of Road and Slip effects (around 10 I believe).

If i set DRI 1, 2 or 3 my wheel keeps rotating forever wih just a small touch.. like it's too light.. its crazy.

If i set DRI 1, 2 or 3 my wheel keeps rotating forever wih just a small touch.. like it's too light.. its crazy.
Shouldn't be like that. On 1 or 2 there's still some dampening to the wheel and it won't rotate more than needed.

He might have v2.5 which changed the drift range from -5 to 5. If so, then positive numbers accelerate the wheel, and negative numbers add extra drag.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 486 39.1%