General Assetto Corsa Evoluzione - a major career modification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! My name is Alessandro Cesari, I am creating a major mod for Assetto Corsa that implements a career system similar to that seen in Gran Turismo.

I'm using Unity to be able to have menus structured to look like a real game. This will have classic functions as Gran Turismo games like: Car Dealer, Events, Garage and Car Services and many more! It will also support mods. (Career can launch AC on its own!)

The ambition is to be able to give Assetto Corsa a breath of fresh air and changes or to makes it looks like a new game.
Go check my project and tell me what do you think!
(Video ver.2 edited)

Last edited:
Hi! Love the idea!
First, I don't know how but we came up with the same name on the same time!
What should we do?

Second, I'm really intersted in a standalone launcher to add a managerial side to the game. Will it still use the career folder structure for the vanilla game or it will just launch acs.exe? It would be interesting to make people add content to the mod.

First of all this should be inside the game. I did play lots of combat fly sims based on real history and from my POV, it is a real immersion breaker if this software can not be integrated inside the game, especially when using VR. Prefer inside CM!
Second, both as I guess will be based on a fictional storyline, a career from the basic to the F1. I think the potential power could be at the last stage, a career in F1 racing besides historical names like Vettel, Alonso, Verstappen and that other guy driven a Mercedes :) . Pure as a sample from the actual F1 situation. Personal, I do prefer the classic names like Birkin, Segrave, Nuvolari, Stuck, Caracciola, Rosemeyer, Lang, Fangio, Moss until the 1967 era Hill, Clark etc. But thats only my old taste.

Correct me if I’m seeing this wrong as the video here above is a bit fuzzy on that career aspect.

Last edited:
Well, actually i posted my project name on 26 September, so i got it first.

I don't want to be rude but I really care about my project and I don't want to give up on what I'm creating. To see I'm not talking nonsense take a ride on my patreon. As for the project it is done entirely in Unity, it uses AC only to launch the races but it is literally a separate game!

And yes, it's already dynamic and supports mods!
(Puoi parlare italiano con me, ho visto sei di Milano!)

Immagine 2021-10-18 220315.png

Last edited:
Well, actually i posted my project name on 26 September, so i got it first.

I don't want to be rude but I really care about my project and I don't want to give up on what I'm creating. To see I'm not talking nonsense take a ride on my patreon. As for the project it is done entirely in Unity, it uses AC only to launch the races but it is literally a separate game!

And yes, it's already dynamic and supports mods!
(Puoi parlare italiano con me, ho visto sei di Milano!)

View attachment 511280
1634590033311.png

This is the first concept i put up in photoshop, but it's okay, I'll change mine, is no big deal!

Mi interessa molto il tuo progetto, è davvero un'idea nuova che serviva ad AC da molto tempo!
Con supporto alle mod intendi anche che uno può integrare eventi carriera (quelli nella cartella /assettocorsa/career per intenderci) nel tuo programma in unity? Magari applicando le opportune modifiche ai file, ad esempio permettendo di scegliere fra le auto possedute, ma avvalendosi comunque della struttura dei file .ini!

View attachment 511285
This is the first concept i put up in photoshop, but it's okay, I'll change mine, is no big deal!

Mi interessa molto il tuo progetto, è davvero un'idea nuova che serviva ad AC da molto tempo!
Con supporto alle mod intendi anche che uno può integrare eventi carriera (quelli nella cartella /assettocorsa/career per intenderci) nel tuo programma in unity? Magari applicando le opportune modifiche ai file, ad esempio permettendo di scegliere fra le auto possedute, ma avvalendosi comunque della struttura dei file .ini!
Immagine 2021-10-19 004402.png

16st September, so i won?
It is not to be a child but as I said before I care about my project and have been working on it for a long time! (Magari collaboriamo in qualche modo e ti metto nei crediti ;))

However yes, the project starts with the idea of being extremely customizable and unique for each player. In fact, playing with vanilla content, the events will be populated with vanilla cars otherwise they will be randomly chosen from a pool. It is complex to explain but I hope you understand anyway.

Anyway I didn't think I could directly add custom event tiers but it could be a great idea!
Even if it would lose some of the nature of the game, wouldn't it? The aim is to recreate a Gran Turismo style mood.

Last edited:
This looks really really nice.
Have you thought of offering a "demo" version on RaceDepartment? This would give you much more visibility (so more patreon support) and feedback from players I believe.

The fact that it's dynamically using added mods is a real blessing because it's offering the opportunity to finally build a carrer around the wonderful cars the community brought to us without forcing us to have a specific set of mods, I love that aspect.

Is there any chance one could choose to hide some cars from the list? I'm thinking of some Kunos cars that have been refined by the community and I don't want to play with the original cars if I can drive the updated models but I want to keep them in my assetto folder for online races.

Last edited:
This looks really really nice.
Have you thought of offering a "demo" version on RaceDepartment? This would give you much more visibility (so more patreon support) and feedback from players I believe.

The fact that it's dynamically using added mods is a real blessing because it's offering the opportunity to finally build a carrer around the wonderful cars the community brought to us without forcing us to have a specific set of mods, I love that aspect.

Is there any chance one could choose to hide some cars from the list? I'm thinking of some Kunos cars that have been refined by the community and I don't want to play with the original cars if I can drive the updated models but I want to keep them in my assetto folder for online races.

In fact it would be a great idea to implement to disable cars.
My game is compatible with all CM settings and I don't know if disabling a car in the content manager will also be disabled in the real game ..
In any case, thank you very much, because if my game grows it is also thanks to your ideas and your support!

@0072 so do I understand this correct, your mod has full implementation of my whole CM features, like all the cars and tracks I have collected so far, and it is fully integrated? So it checks all available cars and tracks and puts them into the career I start? What about later on added content? Will there be an continuosly check what´s been added? I suppose the cars or tracks need special tags in CM to be recognized?

Is this a separate .exe which needs to be started, like CM? I want to choin your patreon since the effort and idea you brought is phenomenal but I need some more background explanation. How are your further plans, will this be evolved further, like to version 1.0?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have huge plans for the future versions; Let's see if i can reach them on my own.
By the way, the game is a Standalone (separated exe); It can scan every while all the cars you have, and if you install a new one the game autoatically detects it and add it to the dealers.
The new mods will be featured by a Database System (released with 0.0.36) which assign cars to "categories".
I decided to do that on my own because the tags that are present on AC or CM isn't that much accurated, detailed. Also player can easily edit them so i preferred a different way to manage the cars.
And yes, CSP is fully integrated.

I hope I have answered all the questions ;)

I have huge plans for the future versions; Let's see if i can reach them on my own.
By the way, the game is a Standalone (separated exe); It can scan every while all the cars you have, and if you install a new one the game autoatically detects it and add it to the dealers.
The new mods will be featured by a Database System (released with 0.0.36) which assign cars to "categories".
I decided to do that on my own because the tags that are present on AC or CM isn't that much accurated, detailed. Also player can easily edit them so i preferred a different way to manage the cars.
And yes, CSP is fully integrated.

I hope I have answered all the questions ;)
Yeah, perfectly fine, thanks. Just one question: the races which are included are written and created by yourself, right? So that means these will not add or have any of my personal cars included, which I have in the collection? So to say the cars I have on my HDD are only for the dealership, but I can add them to a race when the car is eligable for participating? And how about the mod tracks?

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah, perfectly fine, thanks. Just one question: the races which are included are written and created by yourself, right? So that means these will not add or have any of my personal cars included, which I have in the collection? So to say the cars I have on my HDD are only for the dealership, but I can add them to a race when the car is eligable for participating? And how about the mod tracks?

Thanks
Thats the hard work i made in these days. The races are DYNAMIC.
This means that when you Download the pools from the Database, you download "Inner Car Lists" that can partecipate to certain races. (FFChallenge, AWD Challenge, WTCC ....)
These lists allows you to partecipate to that race if you have a valid car for that type of event.
THIS SCRIPT ALSO WORKS FOR AI.
Ai cars are taken randomly from these lists, and if you don't have the car that he's trying to load than it choses another random one. The result is a completely different race everytime you race it.

Thats the hard work i made in these days. The races are DYNAMIC.
This means that when you Download the pools from the Database, you download "Inner Car Lists" that can partecipate to certain races. (FFChallenge, AWD Challenge, WTCC ....)
These lists allows you to partecipate to that race if you have a valid car for that type of event.
THIS SCRIPT ALSO WORKS FOR AI.
Ai cars are taken randomly from these lists, and if you don't have the car that he's trying to load than it choses another random one. The result is a completely different race everytime you race it.
And how´s the situation of the tracks? Is it currently only possible to race on Kunos tracks? How´s the choice been made here? I think I will start supporting you via patreon, this all sounds very juicy to me. :inlove:

And how´s the situation of the tracks? Is it currently only possible to race on Kunos tracks? How´s the choice been made here? I think I will start supporting you via patreon, this all sounds very juicy to me. :inlove:
I agree....I'm not sure if 0072 is aware or not, but there are a ton of modded Gran Turismo tracks that have recently been converted to AC including the following....

1)Deep Forest Raceway
2)High Speed Ring
3)Midfield Raceway
4)Tokyo Route 246
5)Special Stage Route 5
6)Apricot Hill, Seattle
7)Autumn Ring
8)Trial Mountain
9)Motor Sports Land
10)Complex String
11)Grand Valley Speedway
12)Maggiore

You can see the full list here:

It would be absolutely *AWESOME* to see AC Evoluzionize incorporate these GT tracks as the default tracks for the mod, making them the primary focus of the main campaign events! I think it's safe to assume 0072 agrees with me and so do the players, yes? ;)
:)

Last edited:
I agree....I'm not sure if 0072 is aware or not, but there are a ton of modded Gran Turismo tracks that have recently been converted to AC including the following....

1)Deep Forest Raceway
2)High Speed Ring
3)Midfield Raceway
4)Tokyo Route 246
5)Special Stage Route 5
6)Apricot Hill, Seattle
7)Autumn Ring
8)Trial Mountain
9)Motor Sports Land
10)Complex String
11)Grand Valley Speedway
12)Maggiore

You can see the full list here:

It would be absolutely *AWESOME* to see AC Evoluzionize incorporate these GT tracks as the default tracks for the mod, making them the primary focus of the main campaign events! I think it's safe to assume 0072 agrees with me and so do the players, yes? ;)
:)
Huh! You two are late. Those tracks are already integrated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%