Assetto Corsa DX11 Only?

I tried once and the fps was a bit low... BUT:
I would suggest you guys to wait for the later free demo, which hopefully will have full optimization, scalable graphics and so on.

Right now all of our testing has been done with everything full ON and no optimization at all, as an example, a couple of days ago, we introduced LODs at Monza and got 15-20fps just like that, on all system again all details AA, Aniso, Motion blur, DOF, everything ON.
So yeah I suggest patience, try the demo and then decide.

Hey Aris, are you guys testing the game with any AMD card? I have an HD6870 and I'm curious how well it would run the game. I remember reading somewhere that AC would be lighter than pCARS or something, and I run pCARS somewhat decently with this card so I'm curious.

By the way, my cpu is an AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz. Yeah, not very good for today's games but does the job.

Bit confused here...you say the game is DX11 only but then you say it runs on DX10 or 10.1 cards aswell. How is this working? I have a DX10.1 card but I guess I will be missing certain graphic features when I run it on that card?

and very expensive over a single screen, 280 pounds for a good card 3 gig mem an new psu 800 watt and 3 screens 27"" 3D at about 300 each.. if im going to do it right..
thats the dark side i talk about or the hit my bank account will take...:(
Yes you can do it cheaper but if a job worth doing, do it right and then there an option for 3D cheaper in the long run.. Iv'e bought just good enough before and a year later spent the same again and still not got what i wanted and it cost more then the original "I want"
We can all dream.but you never know...

and very expensive over a single screen, 280 pounds for a good card 3 gig mem an new psu 800 watt and 3 screens 27"" 3D at about 300 each.. if im going to do it right..
thats the dark side i talk about or the hit my bank account will take...:(
Yes you can do it cheaper but if a job worth doing, do it right and then there an option for 3D cheaper in the long run.. Iv'e bought just good enough before and a year later spent the same again and still not got what i wanted and it cost more then the original "I want"
We can all dream.but you never know...

What i do when it comes to my computer is this, perhaps not what everyone would do but for me it´s worth it.
I take a computer on 36 month payment, pay let´s say around 100 euros a month.
Eventually i will have paid slightly more for the computer because of interest but not much.
Basically what i did was buying an over the top gaming computer, 3 screens för 400Eur a piece, 2 graphics cards etc all of that stuff.
Have a little bit more then a year left now. Then when that day comes, the payments are done, i sell my computer for a third of what i bought it from, get a bit over 1000 euros or so.
Then do it all over again :)
Just that next time i will have better hardware at a lower price for the same cash i spent 36 months ago.
But i have a nice stack of cash from selling the old gaming machine.

Over a 3 year period i pay perhaps 400 euros in interest which over three years is not that bad.
And you get that day where it´s buying time and you can just click, "oh i take this and this and two of those and maybe three of those" :)

Bit confused here...you say the game is DX11 only but then you say it runs on DX10 or 10.1 cards aswell. How is this working? I have a DX10.1 card but I guess I will be missing certain graphic features when I run it on that card?

I assume its like GT Legends and GTR2. You need an operating system with DX9 to run them, but they support older cards such as DX7 compatible and DX8 compatible, as well as DX9.

DX11 is a superset of DX10.1. Al the existing features and apis are retained between the two so the core functionality of both is identical to software using them. New features of DX11 of course are unavailable on DX10.1 cards such as the key ones like hardware processed tessellation and the newer Shader Model 5.

I don't know if the fall-back is something which is handled by DX itself or not but can relatively easily be achieved by a developer. The core set of features in your engine and the way it communicates with the hardware hasn't changed between the 11 and 10.1 then that stuff i already compatible. If your use then of tessellation and SM5 is done in a way where the engine only makes calls to those features when they are available then anyone with 10.1 could run the software and anyone with 11 could benefit from the great new features available.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back