Assetto Corsa driving experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
After so many days trying to improve my assetto driving, i realised that for the moment this game is just not worth my time.
Before i take a long break, and since i can't have a fair experience with it here is my main concern:
despite the wheel and car setups most cars don't feel right, some are just impossible to stay in a proper racing line for more than 1 lap!
I just hope the devs realise this needs to be sorted out.

I know this is the most promissing sim out there but...meanwhile i'll be racing with real cars:)

PS: i'll ignore any criticism on my will

Please don't leave Pedro :(
What are we going to do without you????

p185bduc361dmehasm161sit164e4.jpg

After so many days trying to improve my assetto driving, i realised that for the moment this game is just not worth my time.
Before i take a long break, and since i can't have a fair experience with it here is my main concern:
despite the wheel and car setups most cars don't feel right, some are just impossible to stay in a proper racing line for more than 1 lap!

I know this is the most promissing sim out there but...meanwhile i'll be racing with real cars:)

'Some cars are impossible to stay in a proper racing line for more than 1 lap'

What does that actually mean?

I don't know what he's talking about. I've been driving with a freaking keyboard and have no problem keeping any of the cars on the track. It's certainly not easy but that's the point - it requires that you develop something called skills!

Last edited:
I don't know what he's talking about. I've been driving with a freaking keyboard and have no problem keeping any of there cars on the track. It's certainly not easy but that's the point - it requires that you develop something called skills!

And you are in for a serious sensory overload when you change to a wheel. AC is the benchmark standard to me in FFB so you're going to love what a good wheel does for you in AC.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out! :)

I don't know what he's talking about. I've been driving with a freaking keyboard and have no problem keeping any of there cars on the track. It's certainly not easy but that's the point - it requires that you develop something called skills!

RSR world records have been set using keyboard - fact! Enjoy your downgrade wheel mwhahaha!! :D

Driving properly in AC is a combination of a multitude of things: been driving with a controller for 15 years, it took me three days to configure my Fanatec GT3 RS & Elite Pedals, two days to figure out all big and minescule outputs of the FF, one week to learn unknown tracks, one week to learn AC car setups and now I'm slowly accumulating consistancy on various track & car combinations.
And i tell ya', it's utterly glorious and worth the effort!

There's nothing more satisfying than a great lap at full pace in a 458 or Huayra without sliding.. that's kind of the point of simulations.

I always had the most fun with GT cars but the Huayra on semislicks is one
of the best and most satisfying things i've ever driven in a sim :inlove:.

... some are just impossible to stay in a proper racing line for more than 1 lap!...

I am sorry but with such a statement i am rather surprised that you know that there is something like a racing line :p

I always had the most fun with GT cars but the Huayra on semislicks is one
of the best and most satisfying things i've ever driven in a sim :inlove:.

I am sorry but with such a statement i am rather surprised that you know that there is something like a racing line :p

...Most cars in assetto corsa don't provide enough feedback to race on the edge without constantly making you go off the racing line.... if not spining.

Anyway you guys can keep joking about it, most of you don't even have a driving license so i understad....I'm sure many of you are very unexperienced like those playing assetto with a keyboard... LOLLLL
In the beginning when i claimed Ai was crazy, we had guys here saying"...no way!!! AI is great...the best out there.."

...I'm really sorry for you guys!!! some day you'll wake up:)

Last edited:
...Most cars in assetto corsa don't provide enough feedback to race on the edge without constantly making you go off the racing line.... if not spining.

Anyway you guys can keep joking about it, most of you don't even have a driving license so i understad....I'm sure many of you are very unexperienced

Are we talking about the same sim here? The feedback is probably the best of any sim so far! I can drive on the edge lap after lap without going off line or spinning out. I dont have a clue what you're talking about.

(driving license for 23 years, driving on computers for 31 years. Plenty of experience in sim racing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%