Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack DLC with Nurburgring Nordschleife released

Assetto Corsa Nurburgring Nordschleife Dream Pack.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni has officially released the 1.1 update along with the long-awaited Dream Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa.

The 1.1 update weights, rather fittingly, 1.1GB, and brings several improvements to one of the most popular simulators around.

The press release lists, most notably, improvements to the graphics department (particularly in terms of optimization and post-processing effects) and to the game's AI.

SEE ALSO: Buy an Assetto Corsa Steam Key for only 34,99 Euros

Furthermore, the update brings a flag and rules system and new overcast weather conditions.
You can check out the full changelog for the 1.1 update right here:

Changelog Assetto Corsa 1.1
  • Added ai-hints
  • New penalty system
  • Added Kick Quorum to the server
  • Fixed sound pops and clicks for some cars engines
  • Fixed traction control sound events
  • Fixed Tatuus FA01 limiter sound
  • Improved sound dynamics under load for some cars
  • Launcher: more graceful handling of missing/problematic content
  • Launcher default theme: personal best time grid filtering by car/track added
  • Fixed blank resolution box
  • Fixed missing sound events
  • Fixed crashes volume
  • Reworked envelopment for interior and exterior sounds
  • Higher exterior volume for surround speaker configurations
  • Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
  • Improved AI
  • Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
  • Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
  • Added custom weather selection
  • Improved Pedals App
  • Rendering performance optimizations
  • Particle rendering optimiziations
  • Render Stats form now features units
  • Added "final" damage for high speed impacts
  • Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
  • Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
  • Fixed camera car not using FOV value
  • Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
  • Updated FMod to 1.05.13
  • Updated Fmod SDK project (minor envelopment improvements)
  • Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
  • Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
  • Improved positional surface sounds
  • Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
  • Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
  • Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
  • AI race starts greatly improved
  • Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
  • Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
  • Fixed "fast" height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
  • FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
  • Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
  • Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
  • UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count
  • automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
  • Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
  • Added live axle suspension geometry
  • [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if
  • damage is used.
  • AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
  • A to B gameplay options for hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
  • Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
  • Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
  • Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first
  • checkpoint.
  • Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
  • Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

Update 1: First community made screenshots and videos are already uploaded to our media gallery here.

Thought the title of this thread was "Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack DLC with Nurburgring Nordschleife released", isn't it?

KK, why are you dragging this into the gutter, and making it all about you and your delusions yet again?

You honestly hand on heart cannot surely believe Kunos has lifted anything from you or another software house, only to be found out very easily, only to lose everything they have worked on putting together through cost proceedings etc. Using your own logic........They must have stolen everything else in the game too, from the models all the way to the UI as you obviously feel they are incapable of creating anything themselves.

Just think about it for a while.

Last edited:
I love the Merc 190E DTM, and not just because I owned a second-hand 190E as my first car (gift from my grandfather). It's so fun to drive around.

The Alfa 155 is fun in its own way, but it's just so, so stupidly overpowered - just as it was in real life. Yes, the braking distances are longer, but everything else easily makes up for it.

I did only few laps today...Nordschleife seems really good but I have to look better to it with a longer session. Best car in terms of physics Alfa GTA, surprised by the difficult handling of the 155 DTM (so much power). The problem is over saturation in graphics, with too much brilliance and light...anyway is a great DLC, I think that the best is yet to come just spending hours discovering more.

This was my experience with patch 1.1's "improved" AI (I haven't bought the DLC yet):

I did a 10 lap race at Silverstone National, mostly GT3 cars and a slower Lotus Evora because I wanted to see how the AI would handle that. I was on a McLaren. First try, AI strength at 90%, random start. I started 3rd, after the first lap I was 4s ahead of everyone else.

I quit, second attempt at 96%. I started 5th, overtook two guys in the first lap, but then the other two started to pull ahead. I was mostly able to hold the guy behind me, and when I made mistakes he even took a different line - although he never really tried to overtake. From what I could see of the guys in front, they seemed to be battling as well, even making mistakes here and there. So far so good.

But then...

The first two guys caught up to the Evora, around lap 8. The first one passed. The second didn't. He got stuck behind it. I flew by them... and then noticed that there was no one else following me. Because EVERYONE ELSE got stuck behind the Evora. On the 9th lap I made a mistake, said hi to the grass... came back and no one overtook me because they were all STUCK BEHIND THE EVORA.

I finished 2nd. The AI is still a disappointment. I'll probably get the DLC because I like the cars and Nords, but it seems that AC will remain an excellent *driving* sim, but a subpar *racing* one, unfortunately.

I think my FPS got better. I love the track and the cars! Thank you, great job :thumbsup:

The only improvement in performance that I've noticed is when smoke is enabled. Before this patch, if you used anything more than VERY LOW smoke, framerates would take a huge hit, but now you can move all the way up to ULTRA smoke without taking much of a hit.

The reflection rendering seems to have lost some performance though. I use to run MEDIUM reflections and since today I had to bump it down to LOW reflections otherwise I would lose 8-10fps at times when many AI cars were on screen.

This is at 2560x1600 resolution and two GTX 980's in SLI.

Horrid MP bug

The server host I Admin for, and I, just posted this on the official forums:

"it seems after the update, that when someone is being kick voted, the vote will ALWAYS succeed and the QUORUM setting does nothing. So for obvious reasons this problem needs a fix ASAP"
"I can add to this. I am an Admin on Mombius' server. Not only does this voter bug effect players, it effects admins too. I have been kicked being logged in as admin by a 1 vote kick. Also just to see how far this problem goes, being logged in after we reset the servers several times after testing thuis bug. I used /Kick (My player name) and i blacklisted myself"

Yes players have been abusing this all bloody evening:mad:

From this entire update I like the virtual rear view mirror the most. FOV is a lot better at it now. It doesn't seem someone is a car or two lengths behind when he's sitting on ur bumper. He actually really is a few cars back. Makes it a lot more natural to drive and managing how much to push, with clearer picture. Actually I'll have to see in .INI file is there a way to further adjust this.

After a few hours of playing I still have some big concerns about the online racing part.

The collision detection is not sufficient. You can't come close to each other / bumpdraft or anything similar without ending in a hard impact with the driver behind or in front of you.

Fear that after this update the game is still unsuitable for league racing and I am begging asking Kunos from the bottom of my heart to prioritize this and the other showstoppers we discussed before for the next version and address the multiplayer issues that have been with this game from the start.

On the content side I've got absolutely nothing to complain, brilliant new set of cars and the ring is what I expected: pure gold. Love it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%