Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack #1 Preview

10906013_1050450834981234_7624527254199303790_n.jpg

Kunos Simulazione has released some new in-game screenshots of the soon to come BMW M235i Racing, which will be included in the Dream Pack DLC for their popular Windows PC racing simulator Assetto Corsa.

The Italian developers mentioned the following on their game's Facebook page:

"We introduce you the new BMW M235i Racing, that will be included in the Dream Pack currently under final development and betatesting. The first additional pack will come with some updates of the main build of Assetto Corsa and will introduce some new features, improving also the existing code. Other details will be revealed once the scheduled process will be completed and tested."​

The M235i Racing is powered by the most powerful petrol engine developed for a BMW M Performance Automobile to date. The twin turbo, inline six-cylinder engine cranks out 333HP (245kW). That shouldn't scare off the beginner drivers, however, thanks to motorsport-specific driving aids - ABS, DSC and traction control make the car easy to tame, even on the ever challenging Nordschleife.

"The exceptionally efficient yet forgiving handling, is a perfect match for the Nurburgring Nordschleife and the car already delivers laptimes on part with much more developed racing cars. The BMW M235i Racing is the perfect car to learn the demanding track for beginners and a mighty weapon for a full racing attack." said Kunos.​

Personally, I'm quiet excited to get more news of the Dream Pack DLC. This car, among others, will certainly add a lot of great content, not to mention the astonishing Nurburgring Nordschleife. Assetto Corsa promises to have a large content selection, with something for everyone. So far, it appears that is exactly what the sim will bring.

1503878_1050449771648007_3600535510410579851_n.jpg 10170930_1050451081647876_4823865451994444422_n.jpg 10402035_1050450774981240_1918300175278991615_n.jpg 10906013_1050450834981234_7624527254199303790_n.jpg 10915250_1050449781648006_5066520314404557340_n.jpg 10923571_1050450354981282_3976977881404098857_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ninjaed over the Nissan video :D

plus, in an interview with Marco Massarutto, can't remember where i read it yesterday, he stated that the dreampack "it's a matter of weeks, not months"
Q1 2015 is also a matter of weeks, not months :) (maybe technically 2 months till end of Q1) But he may have hinted somewhere else the release can be somewhere in Februrary if all goes well. Either way, I think they'll release it some time before the major games due for March/mid March.

Well, Massarutto said on Facebook:
"Anyway we are close enough, q1 2015 is totally indicative, there is talk of february. But do not tell anyone..."

I wouldn't take that as a set in stone announcement, for obvious reasons, but he's been known to drop little, and often accurate, hints about when certain things are going to be released.

Nostradamus time is my favourite time! :D

Let's do some maths shall we?

Kunos are currently releasing a teaser video approximately every three days. This means to get through all 10 cars they would need 30 days. I feel they'll add in an extra teaser just featuring the Nordschleife, so 33 days.

January 13th was the first video, so add 33 days to that day. That gives us February 15. As this is a Sunday and Kunos love Fridays, I think we'll hear an announcement of a release date on the 13th (Friday the 13th, lovely :p). This will open up a pre-order period. In the past I've heard that this DLC is meant to have a one month pre-order period, which would mean a release in mid-March, but I feel like it'll be shorter than that now and I feel that they will get this out before Project CARS releases.

That means the release will either be the Friday the 27th of February or the Friday 6th of March on my calculations. Lines up with Marco's "maybe Feb, maybe March" comments and gives at least a two week window to pre-order. :)

I'm expecting the DLC will cost between €10-€15. At a stretch, maybe €20, considering the inclusion of the Nordschleife. Turn10 charged roughly €10 for the car packs for the Forza series so considering there is a similar amount of content, perhaps a little more than Forza, I'd say €15-€20 would be the expected cost.

• Deleted member 151827

I'm expecting the DLC will cost between €10-€15. At a stretch, maybe €20, considering the inclusion of the Nordschleife. Turn10 charged roughly €10 for the car packs for the Forza series so considering there is a similar amount of content, perhaps a little more than Forza, I'd say €15-€20 would be the expected cost.

I think you may be way off.

I think you may be way off.
You think of more or less? I think that 15€ make sense, the game is 44,90€ at this moment, so 10 car and a track (don't kill to have called the mighty Nordschleife just "a track"! :) ) will be a ⅓ of the full packet. I don't think it's way too off, 20€ could be too much for a lot of people.
Maybe they will make a sale for preorder?! Like 15€ and then 20€ when released.

Speculating at it best! :)

• Deleted member 151827

You think of more or less? I think that 15€ make sense, the game is 44,90€ at this moment, so 10 car and a track (don't kill to have called the mighty Nordschleife just "a track"! :) ) will be a ⅓ of the full packet. I don't think it's way too off, 20€ could be too much for a lot of people.
Maybe they will make a sale for preorder?! Like 15€ and then 20€ when released.

Speculating at it best! :)
Hope i am wrong. I swore i thought i saw a higher price quoted somewhere, but i can't find it now. Only time will tell.

I am really looking forward to Mclaren F1 GTR, I hope they nail the sound and get the naturally aspirated fast throttle response right. If they do, I may never see daylight again. One the best engines ever built.

Well, at €20 I'd definitely buy it straight away. €40 and I'd think twice, maybe wait for a 'sale' to come along. :)

I haven't driven everything in the original yet, and I'm 'take-it-or-leave-it' about the Nordschleiffe (heresy! :)). I also don't have the most powerful PC, so will be interesting to hear how it runs on older machines.

It would seem odd if the dlc packs were as much as the initial purchase. Unless they're adopting the inkjet printer consumables marketing model! :)

I pay the price whatever it is, but Kuno should release it for free. I bought the game for 45 Euro and the content is just a joke, even compare to the Forza 5 release. Turn 10 delivered 3 additionally laserscanned tracks plus variations for free including Nordschleife with GP more than half a year after release. I bought the Raceroom DTM 2014 and ADAC GT3 Masters for 40 Euro together on the same day. The game is IMHO better (gameplay, AI, physics, stability) and you get more first class content for the price. The modding-possibilities are nice in AC, but usually there´s a downside in multiplayer and the quality often lacks.

And Project Cars is on the way with far more content.

Well, at €20 I'd definitely buy it straight away. €40 and I'd think twice, maybe wait for a 'sale' to come along. :)
I doubt it would be €40, that's the price of the game. I'm expecting somewhere around €10 - €15.

I pay the price whatever it is, but Kuno should release it for free. I bought the game for 45 Euro and the content is just a joke, even compare to the Forza 5 release.
It's quality over quantity in AC. I haven't had the time to race half the cars in AC as much as I'd want to. I'm back and over between them and enjoying each in it's own right. I haven't mastered any car yet to me the dept of the physics is the additional content.

Maybe the hardcore users have been able to put the time in to master most the cars and get bored with the content that's there, but as a more relaxed player there's more content than I can actually handle at the moment.

Maybe the hardcore users have been able to put the time in to master most the cars and get bored with the content that's there, but as a more relaxed player there's more content than I can actually handle at the moment.

I wouldn´t complain the amount of cars. I have enough (> 100) cars in Forza 5 and think likewise: less is more. It´s the track selection. Spa, Nürburgring (without Nordschleife) and Silverstone i know already damn well from Forza and than there are four italian tracks, which are pretty boring. This is really far from enough. This is just a few dozens of miles, but there should be at least a dozen of track-locations. The Nordschleife-Mod is really fine, but the other Mod-tracks aren´t state of the art.

I like the forcefeedback in AC, but i´m not convinced with the physics. You don´t feel or even see any suspension of the cars in turns. In Forza 5 it´s IMHO to much about suspension and you don´t feel enough from the track and traction. Many cars are more feeling like a boat and with the old muscle cars this could be even accurate, but not with GT-cars. I think, Raceroom did it the right way. Springs- and Damper-settings are more subtle, but you feel and see it. A car in AC drives through corners absolute horizontal. This is not realistic and it is not giving me a proper feeling of speed.

Kuno should give us a few more tracks for free and if they charge something for car packs, let it be. And there´s something wrong with the physics. Fix it.

Last edited:
Check the ktm xbow r to see the suspensions in motion.

edit: tracks cost about 100.000€ to license, then laser-scan and develop will add more to that.
And we have lots of track mods, and some are very nice to drive, others are also playable. Just browse through the downloads section and pick the ones you want or the ones you see people use in multiplayer.

Last edited:
I wouldn´t complain the amount of cars. I have enough (> 100) cars in Forza 5 and think likewise: less is more. It´s the track selection. Spa, Nürburgring (without Nordschleife) and Silverstone i know already damn well from Forza and than there are four italian tracks, which are pretty boring. This is really far from enough. This is just a few dozens of miles, but there should be at least a dozen of track-locations. The Nordschleife-Mod is really fine, but the other Mod-tracks aren´t state of the art.
I'd agree with you up to a point. There isn't all that much official tarmac in the game. But again it's quality over quantity, the way kunos are making the tracks takes more work, or at least there's more involved and more steps to carry out. They are accurate virtual representations of the actual tracks. Even despite the argument that they don't have much trackside details to give the atmosphere of a race weekend the actual tarmac, what's really important is as close to the real thing as you're going to get at this price range.

Because of the way Kunos are building their tracks it's going to take a while (and money) to build up their list of official tracks, there's no way around that fact.

I think the likes of the nords will keep us all busy for a while. I'm only just getting properly fast on snoopys one and I think it may be a case of starting from scratch when the kunos version comes out.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 194 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 518 38.7%