Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack #1 Preview

10906013_1050450834981234_7624527254199303790_n.jpg

Kunos Simulazione has released some new in-game screenshots of the soon to come BMW M235i Racing, which will be included in the Dream Pack DLC for their popular Windows PC racing simulator Assetto Corsa.

The Italian developers mentioned the following on their game's Facebook page:

"We introduce you the new BMW M235i Racing, that will be included in the Dream Pack currently under final development and betatesting. The first additional pack will come with some updates of the main build of Assetto Corsa and will introduce some new features, improving also the existing code. Other details will be revealed once the scheduled process will be completed and tested."​

The M235i Racing is powered by the most powerful petrol engine developed for a BMW M Performance Automobile to date. The twin turbo, inline six-cylinder engine cranks out 333HP (245kW). That shouldn't scare off the beginner drivers, however, thanks to motorsport-specific driving aids - ABS, DSC and traction control make the car easy to tame, even on the ever challenging Nordschleife.

"The exceptionally efficient yet forgiving handling, is a perfect match for the Nurburgring Nordschleife and the car already delivers laptimes on part with much more developed racing cars. The BMW M235i Racing is the perfect car to learn the demanding track for beginners and a mighty weapon for a full racing attack." said Kunos.​

Personally, I'm quiet excited to get more news of the Dream Pack DLC. This car, among others, will certainly add a lot of great content, not to mention the astonishing Nurburgring Nordschleife. Assetto Corsa promises to have a large content selection, with something for everyone. So far, it appears that is exactly what the sim will bring.

1503878_1050449771648007_3600535510410579851_n.jpg 10170930_1050451081647876_4823865451994444422_n.jpg 10402035_1050450774981240_1918300175278991615_n.jpg 10906013_1050450834981234_7624527254199303790_n.jpg 10915250_1050449781648006_5066520314404557340_n.jpg 10923571_1050450354981282_3976977881404098857_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember almost a year ago Kunos releasing details about the dream pack now in the final stages of development. Then, they stressed the presence of a lot more FIA GT spec cars...glad to see they will be providing a much more diverse range of cars, manufacturers, and types of car configs (hypercar, retro, mid-engine, front engine) to increase the game's range of autos as per driver style and taste. It seems they've listened a lot to threads concerning car models, and have paid attention to some of the quality auto mods released in the last 6 months, and are planning to offer material that should satisfy almost any discriminating sim driver. Who hasn't gotten that little smile when Kunos has teased with pictures of an old Alfa, or the P1, or the C9? Cars for everyone! I hope with this next release of content, other manufacturers like Bentley, Ford, Mazda, Jaguar, and Audi take take note, Though some have already extended one or two licenses to Kunos, this next update should eliminate any marketing concerns and prove that Kunos has the power to deliver accurate digital models of any kind of car. It would also be nice to see prototype manufacturers and smaller auto companies gain a presence in Kunos...I was drawn to the Italian title because they included quirky content like Magione and Fiat, tracks and cars some overlook but that have enormous performance potential. It gave AC the edge over other studios in the character department of the game.

To say I'm excited for Kunos' version of the Nordschleife would be an extreme understatement. I have loved that German circuit ever since I first drove the GPL version back in 1998. I became fascinated not only with the enormous task of learning and memorizing the massive course, but also the combination of its real-life history with the fact that you could still go there today and drive the actual course (albeit slightly altered).

Having since driven other versions of the track in other sims/games, I always found myself wondering which one was the most accurate regarding elevation changes, camber of certain turns, scenery, etc. And then Kunos comes along and laserscans the whole beast and proceeds to tease me for months with the possibility of it soon appearing on my monitor?. Holy mother of all that is racing, I cannot wait.

What I need most urgently is the announcement of the release date so that I can not only be counting down actual days, but I also need to schedule vacation time at work. For I shall not be at work on said release day of Dream Pack DLC, but will instead be slinging my beloved Lotus 2-Eleven around that awesome Green Hell. And sometime later, I'll get around to trying those new cars, too. :)

(...meanwhile, back to their Facebook page...)

drilling-F5.gif

Hi
I wonder what version of the McLaren F1 GTR will be in the DLC pack,i.e. short tail or Long tail version. The 1997 Long Tail competed in the FIA GT championship and at the 24hours of Le Mans. It had a very distinctive sound form it's V12 BMW engine which I trust will be faithfully reproduced in the pack.

Hi
I wonder what version of the McLaren F1 GTR will be in the DLC pack,i.e. short tail or Long tail version. The 1997 Long Tail competed in the FIA GT championship and at the 24hours of Le Mans. It had a very distinctive sound form it's V12 BMW engine which I trust will be faithfully reproduced in the pack.

If there is a developer dept. that i dont trust in Kunos that is the sound department, fingers crossed...

As much as I love new cars and content, I'd like a better career system. Something that de-emphasizes the results of a single race and rewards a more long-term view. Its frustrating having one spin ruin your race.

Another point on the cars, between AC, pCars and iRacing (and RaceRoom, a little), there seems to be so much licensed content overlap. Like the BMW Z4 GT3, the McLaren GT3, and Lotus 49 are everywhere. The Sauber C9 is already in pCars. The old M3 was in Race07 first. I think more modes and "experiences" would be worth paying for for me. Remeber the old "factory test driver" mode of Porsche Unleashed? That was unique.

I've never paid for racing DLC before, but this will likely be my first. AC has become my go-to.

As much as I love new cars and content, I'd like a better career system. Something that de-emphasizes the results of a single race and rewards a more long-term view. Its frustrating having one spin ruin your race.

Another point on the cars, between AC, pCars and iRacing (and RaceRoom, a little), there seems to be so much licensed content overlap. Like the BMW Z4 GT3, the McLaren GT3, and Lotus 49 are everywhere. The Sauber C9 is already in pCars. The old M3 was in Race07 first. I think more modes and "experiences" would be worth paying for for me. Remeber the old "factory test driver" mode of Porsche Unleashed? That was unique.

I've never paid for racing DLC before, but this will likely be my first. AC has become my go-to.
Not everyone plays the other games where you find similar or equal cars/tracks. Most AC users have it as their main game (my general idea, maybe is not true), so we also like to have the good popular cars, even if other games already have or plan to have. If games want to license GT3 cars, then the odds are very high for all games to have the same cars... I find that pretty normal. Okay, pcars has sauber c9, but for sure I also want it in assetto corsa.

Kunos certainly licenses car brands and models which they as developers like, and what the community would like. And that roster of cars has high chances of repeating itself among different games, since racing game fans will also have similar tastes in cars and tracks.

About the career: I find that I'm not forced to win every race/all gold medals. I can pretty much skip or not win some races, just finish top 3, and maybe only having to 1 or 2 races. Then I can move on to next event. Besides, currently races have low number of laps, so repeating is no big deal. Even if I crash and lose it on last corner, I may well already unlocked the next series.
But further down the career mode, there's also championship events, where you need to win or finish high in each race to unlock the next race of the championship. Idk well, since I haven't reached that far, didn't play much career besides the first few events, but I'll try more after the next update.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%