Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack #1 Preview

10906013_1050450834981234_7624527254199303790_n.jpg

Kunos Simulazione has released some new in-game screenshots of the soon to come BMW M235i Racing, which will be included in the Dream Pack DLC for their popular Windows PC racing simulator Assetto Corsa.

The Italian developers mentioned the following on their game's Facebook page:

"We introduce you the new BMW M235i Racing, that will be included in the Dream Pack currently under final development and betatesting. The first additional pack will come with some updates of the main build of Assetto Corsa and will introduce some new features, improving also the existing code. Other details will be revealed once the scheduled process will be completed and tested."​

The M235i Racing is powered by the most powerful petrol engine developed for a BMW M Performance Automobile to date. The twin turbo, inline six-cylinder engine cranks out 333HP (245kW). That shouldn't scare off the beginner drivers, however, thanks to motorsport-specific driving aids - ABS, DSC and traction control make the car easy to tame, even on the ever challenging Nordschleife.

"The exceptionally efficient yet forgiving handling, is a perfect match for the Nurburgring Nordschleife and the car already delivers laptimes on part with much more developed racing cars. The BMW M235i Racing is the perfect car to learn the demanding track for beginners and a mighty weapon for a full racing attack." said Kunos.​

Personally, I'm quiet excited to get more news of the Dream Pack DLC. This car, among others, will certainly add a lot of great content, not to mention the astonishing Nurburgring Nordschleife. Assetto Corsa promises to have a large content selection, with something for everyone. So far, it appears that is exactly what the sim will bring.

1503878_1050449771648007_3600535510410579851_n.jpg 10170930_1050451081647876_4823865451994444422_n.jpg 10402035_1050450774981240_1918300175278991615_n.jpg 10906013_1050450834981234_7624527254199303790_n.jpg 10915250_1050449781648006_5066520314404557340_n.jpg 10923571_1050450354981282_3976977881404098857_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume something's been lost in translation...to me it reads that the dlc will include 'updates to the main build and existing code improvements'.

Surely you can't have 2 versions of the main build - one not upgraded and one for those who decide to buy the extra pack??!!

My guess for the dlc price is 19.99 euro...

I would rather have a pack of old F1 cars like the Matra's, Brabham's, BRM's, Tyrrell's, ferrari's etc. Also, I would like to see the Bently GT cars in there as well.

I mean, how much fun is this compared to a modern day BMW GT car?

I assume something's been lost in translation...to me it reads that the dlc will include 'updates to the main build and existing code improvements'.

Surely you can't have 2 versions of the main build - one not upgraded and one for those who decide to buy the extra pack??!!

My guess for the dlc price is 19.99 euro...

Oh second thought to my previous post/question, you're right. How can there be updates with the pack if it will be charged? Or does that mean those who purchased will no longer get updates w/o the DLC? Unless of course, they were just mentioning updates in the DLC but would still have a separate set just for updates.

As a preview of what to expect, take 50 of the most highly anticipated sport cars and five new tracks, all produced and released as official licensed content in 2015, either in DLC packs or as free bonus content.

That's the other thing. 50 f-ing cars in the making? and we have only seen about 10, maybe 15 of them. So at least 35 new cars that we don't know about. Holy s- at the potential.

In fact, the BMW above isn't even part of the "Dream DLC" car list, as the 10 cars have already been announced. It's just content post 1.0.
  • Sauber Mercedes C9
  • Corvette C7R GTE
  • Nissan GTR GT3
  • Alfa Romeo 4C
  • Alfa Romeo GTA
  • Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
  • McLaren P1
  • McLaren F1 GTR
  • Ruf RT 35 S
  • Mercedes 190 E 2.6-16 Evolution 2
For some reason the Ruf RT35 is no longer in the dream pack, and the M235i is, from what I understand of their announcements. Not really clear where the RT35 went; maybe they're planning a "modern supersport" pack along with the C7, GT-R, Audi R8, etc. since they do easily have a half dozen mfrs who could slot into that. The dream dlc seems to be more race & classic-themed aside from the P1 and 4C.

Oh second thought to my previous post/question, you're right. How can there be updates with the pack if it will be charged? Or does that mean those who purchased will no longer get updates w/o the DLC? Unless of course, they were just mentioning updates in the DLC but would still have a separate set just for updates.

Joel - they will probably handle it like Arma or Crusader Kings where updates occur and are available at the same time as DLC. You can think of it as two packages that get released at the same time - everyone gets the base update (core functionality), but only those that pay get the upgraded content (cars, tracks).

Kunos is totally out of reality. They created a well modable game and instead of to improve their basis game and insert essential features as flags, pits, decent AI and Web code, they're keeping acquiring useless car licenses. If someone want Lambos or BMWs, they'll build it for the god sake!

Edi2t: 11 disagrees vs 1 agree LOL - people loves to racing without pitstop and flags around here. Congrats, guys, enjoy your supercars.

Last edited:
Kunos is clearly championing the licensed road car within PC sims. Good for them, since outside of consoles all sims tend to focus solely on race cars. More diversity is always good, and Kunos is very good at simulating road cars in AC too.

AC is becoming Gran Turismo on PC, as in a slick maistream sim developed for people who want loads of road cars from the major brands. It's more sim than GT is but they are now clearly aiming for the average joe racer crowd on steam... Which is good for them of course.

But many advanced features are still missing and the core needs fixes with AI and netcode. Not to mention the stuttering and desynced rendering engine that still has the fluidity of 60s projector film even when running at a locked framerate.

FFB is also in need of some tuning, as well as strange bugs in the physics in places.

Instead they now do what GT does, they give you mainstream road cars. Lots of them.

I will get the DLC, but i am feeling a bit worried that development of the DLC is too soon. Many core issues remain.

My main gripe is the above fluidity issue with rendering. This has been there for everyone since day one of early access and is still there. That and the abundance of road cars and focus on hotlapping.

AC is becoming Gran Turismo on PC, as in a slick maistream sim developed for people who want loads of road cars from the major brands. It's more sim than GT is but they are now clearly aiming for the average joe racer crowd on steam... Which is good for them of course.

But many advanced features are still missing and the core needs fixes with AI and netcode. Not to mention the stuttering and desynced rendering engine that still has the fluidity of 60s projector film even when running at a locked framerate.

FFB is also in need of some tuning, as well as strange bugs in the physics in places.

Instead they now do what GT does, they give you mainstream road cars. Lots of them.

I will get the DLC, but i am feeling a bit worried that development of the DLC is too soon. Many core issues remain.

My main gripe is the above fluidity issue with rendering. This has been there for everyone since day one of early access and is still there. That and the abundance of road cars and focus on hotlapping.
When will you people understand that the people working on car models are not the same working on netcode/AI/etc.
No performance issues for me.

Oh and the title of PC Gran Turismo goes to pCARS no doubt, just wait for it to come out:
-single huge ball under the car instead of 4 tyres (Check)
-bad FFB (Check)
-loads of cars and tracks (Check)
-very nice graphics (Check)

Last edited:

Why do you say everyone has fluidity issues? I for sure have not, even on my 2009 hardware. Granted, can not run bigger ai/mp fields, but that is down to 6 year old hardware

Not everyone is able to see the fluidity issues but everyone sure has them as it is a sync issue. You have 60 fps solid and locked but turn sharp and look at the scenery... It is a stutterfest. But some does not notice this as it is a question of personal sensitivity. I see it and lose focus while my dad when trying AC can not see it for instance. Neither can my wife. But it is there, trust me. And it is likely caused by physics thread affecting rendering somehow instead of them being decoupled and synced by framerate. And yes i know there are different parts to the team, but it is important to focus money on the right things. I like AC and i support it, but i am longing for some core focus instead of DLC...

<Mod Edit: RaceDepartment is an English speaking forum. Please use English when posting on public boards. >

Ok j'utilise google traduction :

Je trouve un peut limite de commencer à vouloir proposer des DLC payante alors que le jeu n'est pas encore finalisé ...

Ok I use google translation:

I found a limit may start wanting to offer pay-DLC while the game is not finalized yet ...

Last edited:
Not everyone is able to see the fluidity issues but everyone sure has them as it is a sync issue. You have 60 fps solid and locked but turn sharp and look at the scenery... It is a stutterfes

Sorry, Can't replicate it on my system, I'm going to put in in the same category as Santa and the Easter bunny.

I drove a number of laps watching the scenery (funny enough its not that much fun) and even through the car into a high speed spin but she all flowed as expected.

Very defensive stances here. Those of you who claim no desync of rendering, have you looked at a framtime printout? Even if your monitor or eyes does not percieve it it has been there on every single installation of AC i've ever seen on 5 different computers and GPUs. So i am inclined to think it is engine related.

It's not a major dealbreaker but it should be fixed.

Frametimes are varying all the time. Also the movement of objects seem to be at a different rate than refresh.

Can we please stay on topic here? :)
If you want to continue discussing frametimes, stutters etc, please create a new thread to do so.
For now keep your reactions directly related to the DLC Preview please ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 472 39.0%