Upcoming Events

Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP

Assetto Corsa: Dream Pack #1 Preview

Leynad777

Premium
But again it's quality over quantity, the way kunos are making the tracks takes more work, or at least there's more involved and more steps to carry out.

The Nordschleife in Forza 5 is laserscanned as well and it took 13.000 workhours to build it, according to Turn 10. So I doubt that Kuno´s tracks are more work demanding.

As the tracks in AC are almost buikt by one person (Si3V), 13.000 hours of work would mean... 13000/8= about 1650 workdays needed, which would be 4 years or so, assuming this guy doesn't take hollidays.

You can't compare Turn10 with Kunos. They are a much much bigger studio, with an insanely bigger revenue. They can afford 30 people to work on 1 track, if not more, while Kunos could afford one guy when they started, and perhaps two or three guys now AC turned out to be a success.

All things considered, going for the Nordscleife was a crazy decision from Kunos, but it does shows their sheer passion for simracing! :)

I am really looking forward to Mclaren F1 GTR, I hope they nail the sound and get the naturally aspirated fast throttle response right. If they do, I may never see daylight again. One the best engines ever built.

Old post, but the 1997 Longtail from that video has a different engine than the car we're getting (which is the 1996 short tail)...

Old post, but the 1997 Longtail from that video has a different engine than the car we're getting (which is the 1996 short tail)...
Wiki papa, it was more a generalisation as sound is a weak point in AC. Thanks for putting me straight though. The rawness of a race engine is lacking still.