Assetto corsa distant graphics blurry and overly lit

Hi,

I started changing some of my settings as i wanted to make my game look better, but i am seriously starting to regret that decision.

When driving distant objects like buildings, trees... Are not very detailed and too lit up. Letters that are close are also very blurry.

I have my videosettings maxed out, i ran multiple PP filters (natural, Horizon, Photorealistic, Sol...) and have changed multiple things in my csp settings. The default setting seems to be the cleanest, but as soon as i add certain things in extra's and graphics it gets worse. i tried running the recomended version for CSP (1.60) and that seemed to fix it, but I had no sky and no sun.

Can anyone help me plz?

I put these screenshots for reference, but keep in mind that they are worse when driving. When taking a screen with f8 it stops the screen and makes everything look better.

This is with altered CSP settings:
20211006-113620-spa-ks_mercedes_amg_gt3.png

This is with default CSP settings:
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_amg_gt3_spa_6-9-121-12-11-26.png

EDIT: I did some further testing and it seems to be the light that decreases the detail. It also seems there si some form of motion blur still active eventhough i disabeled everything.

Last edited:
TAA (temporal anti-aliasing) blurs among video frames
and can be problematic at lower refresh rates,
when there can be more changes among frames.
Try disabling TAA in CSP extra.fx..
thx for the tip, but this makes the overall game look less sharp. Do you have anything to counter that?

EDIT: it now looks very "dotted". my screen looks like it is comprised of lot of little dots. when standing still this is not noticable.

Last edited:
lot of little dots. when standing still this is not noticable.
Sorry, that is exactly why TAA exists, when MSAA or other antialiasing
(e.g. by supersampling)
does not suffice or exceeds available GPU bandwidth.

It is barely possible (but probably not worthwhile testing)
that openvr_fsr could sharpen blurry results of TAA..
https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr
Anybody tried this yet...

This hack implements AMDs answer to DLSS which is called FidelityFX on OpenVR and is effectively a drag and drop for Unity and Unreal games

I haven't tried it as I'm off VR for a bit, but according to reports it has significantly improved the performance of some GPU heavy VR games.

Edit: For clarification this should work on Nvidia cards as well as AMD cards.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing