Assetto Corsa developers, are they really this childish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember myself getting instantly banned on Assetto Corsa forum on questioning something really simple and not so big of a deal, this was in 2013 or 2014 I think. I have read a lot of other people getting banned too, for no real reason. The developers act like dictators and attack you with insults if you doubt or question any of the content in game.

This time it really went far. In short, Fredrik Sørlie is trying to mod his own car ingame, those who don't know him, you can find him on youtube easily.
Pretty much he was just trying to get help from the developers figuring things out, and the developer went nuts. Here is a screenshot of the developer acting like Kim Jong-un.

Really out of words..

lvzbakshd72xtry0oqcf.jpg

I doubt it's an issue. The only people that know about it are sim racers and we're a small bunch, it's not something the general public will ever know about or care about.

If Fredrik was just a sim racer, this would be true. The conversation between them has already spread wide outside of this small community. He is pretty known guy.

i also doubt it's an big issue. if it would be one, EA wouldn't exist anymore :D It doesn't really matter how someone runs his company or if he is an di*khead. You mostly look at the game itself and the company which made it regarding support,patches etc.The 'nicer' companies just get more support from the gamers imo (pre-orders, dlcs, more willing to pay etc.).

Difference is, EA is so big of a company you have no idea who to directly blame.. And EA doesn't insult (afaik?), they just keep silent and ignores everyone.

are you new here, stefano has never been known to care about political correctness

Political correctness has nothing to do with this. This is part of advertisement, although not positive :speechless:

I doubt it's an issue. The only people that know about it are sim racers and we're a small bunch, it's not something the general public will ever know about or care about.
I'm not talking about the general public, I'm talking about the big companies that Kunos has to do business with in order to exist at all. They care about reputation. They sometimes pull out of a sport completely to protect their rep, so disassociating themselves with a little studio like Kunos is hardly going to bother them.

i also doubt it's an big issue. if it would be one, EA wouldn't exist anymore :D
A massive worldwide brand as established as EA with near infinite cash is hard to ignore. A little studio in Italy that barely anyone has heard of outside of sim racing whose main income comes from a single game, on the other hand, is.

are you new here, stefano has never been known to care about political correctness
No I'm not new. As I said, I do not frequent the AC forums, nor do I know Stefano personally. (And nor do I want to.) I've also only recently come back to sim racing after a four year hiatus, so have not been following AC's community here either.

It's always fun complaining about the end result while conveniently ignoring the lead-up and context. Overreacting dev or not.
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I read all of the information available here and over at the AC forums. The point has also been made that regardless of context, the behaviour on display would be pretty appalling from anybody, let alone the representative of a "professional" company.

Last edited:
If Fredrik was just a sim racer, this would be true. The conversation between them has already spread wide outside of this small community. He is pretty known guy.

So it's moved from a tiny bubble to a slightly less tiny bubble. I still doubt it has any far reaching implications.

I'm not talking about the general public, I'm talking about the big companies that Kunos has to do business with in order to exist at all. They care about reputation. They sometimes pull out of a sport completely to protect their rep, so disassociating themselves with a little studio like Kunos is hardly going to bother them.

You proved my point with this quote:

A massive worldwide brand as established as EA with near infinite cash is hard to ignore. A little studio in Italy that barely anyone has heard of outside of sim racing whose main income comes from a single game, on the other hand, is.
Reputation is based on the perception of the general public as a whole. Big auto companies being associated with an indie game dev who occasionally goes on internet rants is not going to have any appreciable effect on the general public's perception of the brand because, as you said, barely any of the general public has heard of Stefano or Kunos or Assetto Corsa.

Don't know why, but I like Stefano somehow...
Of course he is not the optimal occupation for customer service but I think he's a damn good programmer and I appreciate what he has done with Assetto Corsa so far.

Sometimes I can't stand this exaggerated political correctness any longer.
Sometimes I prefer hard but honest words over hypocritical polite phrases.
Sometimes I accept a persons behavior just because it was a human fault.
Don't get me wrong guys: It's absolutely not okay to insult or hurt people but sometimes we exaggerate our "first world problems" a bit...
Sometimes I use the word "sometimes" too often...

I sometimes have to do exhibitions like the ideal homes show where I have to sell a product to the general public. For the most part it's repeating the same things over and over to people that are interested in buying your product. But every so often you get what we would call a tyre kicker. Fredrik's post in the OPs picture reminds me of those tyre kickers. He starts off by saying he doesn't know how sims work, or physics but then proceeds to tell them what they should be doing. I would get the same thing on the stand, "why aren't you using a different timber there, or a bigger hinge here, I would have done that different" and so on, as if the product spontaneously appeared behind us and we hadn't ever put any thought into it's construction. They have absolutely no intention of buying the product, they are just taking the opportunity to make themselves feel smart and important, even though everything their saying wouldn't work or would make the product so expensive he wouldn't buy it.

I usually take the time to talk to those people and correct their assumptions if it's not busy, the other sales guy that does the show has zero time for them, he can actually see them coming and tells them to "**** off" before they even open their mouths.

Sometimes I use the word "sometimes" too often...

sometimes you should ask yourself why you open up a forum if you don't like what people say, criticize or make any suggestions. that's what a forum is for, that's how consumers are. that's a fact. so sometimes it's contraproductive to have an internal forum open for all if it's only viable for 'selected members' and the rest just recives rants and bans. they could also head everything to steam-discussions and make a private lobby. this btw, affects not just kunos and their forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%