Assetto Corsa Console Update is Here... Almost

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 Console Release Next Week.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games have confirmed next week will see the launch of the Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 on PS4...

... sadly Xbox One players will still have a little wait ahead of them to get access to the new cars and a laser scanned Laguna Seca, with no release date available for the flagship Microsoft console.

Although without a hard release date for PlayStation 4, taking to social media Kunos and 505 have confirm the reasonably loose definition of "next week" for when Sony gamers will gain access to this highly commendable (and free) new batch of content, and considering the level of quality lavished on these seven new cars and of course Laguna Seca, hopefully the delay getting to console will soon be forgotten by the gaming masses.

As for when Xbox players will be gifted the new update, this continues to remain under progress and more information will be issued as and when it becomes available.

Curious to see the new cars in action and learn a little about what goes in to making cars for Assetto Corsa? In case you missed it earlier check out our 'Talk n Drive' interview with AC Physics engineer @Aristotelis below:

Assetto Corsa is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube

RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the Assetto Corsa Bonus Pack 3 release on console? What holds the most excitement for you from the new pack? How is the game developing on console - what are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
TBH I feel bad for console players of AC. Not only do they not receive updates and new contents in time, they are also constantly badly treated by PC users.

Yes, I keep one in a small cage out back, I poke him every now and again between feeds, cant explain my poor treatment of him, kinda serves him right,being a grown ass man playing on console.

I bought AC for console a while ago, filed it under "bad consumer decisions" and forgot about it. AC on PC is nice, but it is basically a platform for mods. On the console, it is just a scam. It stutters even on the Xbox X.

I look forward to the article reporting the issues with this patch on PS4. It seems the new content is crashing consoles and rendering the game unplayable across numerous scenarios. Then we have to mention all the broken promises of matching PC functionality that are missing. Even the previously ever forgiving fans on the AC site are up in arms over the continued over promising by Kunos.

Bottom line, the console version of AC is nothing more than a cash cow to keep funding the development of the PC version, Marco said as much in his RPS interview.

If the PS4 version is this bad the Xbox version patch could well be another spectacular cock up.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%