Assetto Corsa Console Release Delayed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console Delay.jpg

Assetto Corsa developers Kunos Simulazioni and distributor 505 Games have announced they plan to delay the console release by six weeks while they add "final polish" to the game, ensuring the best possible experience for fans of the title.

Although pushing back the release from the planned 22nd of April date to early June 2016, Kunos have confirmed the previously announced version 1.5 update for PC remains unaffected and will launch as planned next month.

With stiff competition in the form of the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport franchises, Kunos have a tough job ahead of them to steal a share of the console racing marketplace.

Highly regarded by PC sim racers for it's technical accuracy and physics, Assetto Corsa is a detailed and engaging racing simulator with an impressive selection of exotic supercars and machines from the world of motorsport. Initial impressions from those who have tried the game on console are very encouraging and it looks likely that the little Italian developer will take a sizeable portion of Gran Turismo's and Forza's fan base.

Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment in the coming weeks for an exclusive interview with Marco Massarutto, Stefano Casillo and Aris Vasilakos from Kunos Simulazioni.

Press Release
505 Games and Kunos Simulazioni today announced leading racing simulator Assetto Corsa will now hit the track on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on June 3rd in Europe and June 7th in North America, with additional development time allowed to ensure the console release delivers the most polished experience for simulation racing fans.

Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulous car handling to the laser-measured tracks. The console release will include such features as:
  • Over 90 high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren 650S GT3
  • 27 different track configurations, from famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
Assetto Corsa Xbox One .jpg

Don't forget to check out our very own Assetto Corsa forum and Racing Club right here on RaceDepartment. We have a number of quality mods available to download right now and a busy, fun and entertaining Club Racing scene for the PC version of the game. Console Racing Club races will be available upon the release of Assetto Corsa for PS4 and Xbox One.

Are you looking forward to the release of AC for Xbox One and PS4 in June? Do you think it can rival the flagship racing titles in the console world? Discuss in the comments section below!

every game has videos like that....so what's your point? 3.5 years ago assetto corsa was more realistic...find me some links saying how much better it is than other ones and how real pro race car drivers use it as their sole sim racer....then I guess you proved me wrong.

edit: the videos clearly show how much different somebody drives a real car rather than one in assetto corsa if you care to watch. you can't even feel the track unless you turn up certain forces and even then it's just a fake bumpy feeling you get..

whatever you guys like what you like I think what I think....in a way you're right and I am too...we all have our own opinions :)

[QUOTE="NIXXXXX, post: 2194816, member: 225311"And you know what those rich and actors have in common, they got trained to do what they do[/QUOTE]
Still they don't have even 10% of the tracktime we have (well, virtually *g*)

And your post sounded as if you don't actually have any tracktime on a race track?
You only talk about mountain roads, well, i don't expect to have lots of grip on mountain roads with low surface temperatures and absolutely no grip (in comparison to a prepared and rubbered race track).

Hopefully there is seat/camera-point adjustment possiblility like in pc-version. That has been so long time one of the biggest fault in console driving games. And still there's some companies(like Turn 10 with its Forza) who doesn't understand how important that is.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%