Assetto Corsa Console Release Delayed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Console Delay.jpg

Assetto Corsa developers Kunos Simulazioni and distributor 505 Games have announced they plan to delay the console release by six weeks while they add "final polish" to the game, ensuring the best possible experience for fans of the title.

Although pushing back the release from the planned 22nd of April date to early June 2016, Kunos have confirmed the previously announced version 1.5 update for PC remains unaffected and will launch as planned next month.

With stiff competition in the form of the Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport franchises, Kunos have a tough job ahead of them to steal a share of the console racing marketplace.

Highly regarded by PC sim racers for it's technical accuracy and physics, Assetto Corsa is a detailed and engaging racing simulator with an impressive selection of exotic supercars and machines from the world of motorsport. Initial impressions from those who have tried the game on console are very encouraging and it looks likely that the little Italian developer will take a sizeable portion of Gran Turismo's and Forza's fan base.

Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment in the coming weeks for an exclusive interview with Marco Massarutto, Stefano Casillo and Aris Vasilakos from Kunos Simulazioni.

Press Release
505 Games and Kunos Simulazioni today announced leading racing simulator Assetto Corsa will now hit the track on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on June 3rd in Europe and June 7th in North America, with additional development time allowed to ensure the console release delivers the most polished experience for simulation racing fans.

Assetto Corsa ups the simulation stakes by emphasizing and focusing on pure physics realism, with precision accuracy across every aspect from the meticulous car handling to the laser-measured tracks. The console release will include such features as:
  • Over 90 high-performance cars, including the Team Lotus 98T, the Pagani Zonda R, the Ferrari LaFerrari, the Mercedes C9 and the McLaren 650S GT3
  • 27 different track configurations, from famed courses such as Silverstone Circuit, Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Autodromo Nazionale Monza, and Nürburgring-Nordschleife
  • Single and Multiplayer racing modes, with customizable Race Weekends, preset Challenges or full-scale Career Mode
Assetto Corsa Xbox One .jpg

Don't forget to check out our very own Assetto Corsa forum and Racing Club right here on RaceDepartment. We have a number of quality mods available to download right now and a busy, fun and entertaining Club Racing scene for the PC version of the game. Console Racing Club races will be available upon the release of Assetto Corsa for PS4 and Xbox One.

Are you looking forward to the release of AC for Xbox One and PS4 in June? Do you think it can rival the flagship racing titles in the console world? Discuss in the comments section below!

Honestly glad for the delay. Better to have a complete and flawless release than something rushed. We know of too many projects rushed through the ringer in driving game history anyway...

Plus, they wouldn't be Kunos if there wasn't a delay. I've been through all the pre-1.0 updates, and many of them had delays...made things interesting :)

I am very curious about the "Free pack". Will 1.5 include those 6 cars that were presented in some previous or are they going to be delayed? Also as far as I know there will be "hard" version of AC released along side with console discs, is that delayed too or is it coming in April to the stores?

Compared to Iracing it's not really that realistic but compared to other arcade sims it's very much a harder sim and challenging with all assists turned off....honestly they have no chance at taking away from the other 2 sims...people that love those games will keep on buying them...people that want to try something different will buy assetto corsa...

it's too bad they didn't save that money that it costs on the counsels and just try and make the pc game that much better....can't join half the servers due to many errors that I can't even get my head around...the amount of user content is just stupid...about 99%_edit) of the stuff people come out with isn't worth driving for more than a lap and the other half are ripped from other sims and half finished....if you look at the games that stay relevant you will see that they don't go by this quantity over quality...it's the other way around...I'd rather have 5 cars that behave very much like the real thing than have a million people come out with crap that basically drives like the other crap people come out with.

then they want more money for one more track and a few more cars every few months....I stopped paying for addons long ago...just not worth it for the amount of time you get racing online with people....

then they want more money for one more track and a few more cars every few months....I stopped paying for addons long ago...just not worth it for the amount of time you get racing online with people....

I haven't bothered with the last two "Dream Packs", myself. While I have enjoyed my 200 or so hours on AC, the lack of any real bug fixed and Oculus support has made me invest my time elsewhere. I certainly wont be purchasing it on a console as I don't feel the need to invest in some inferior hardware just to play the same game without modding support at a sub 1080p resolution.

Anyway, good luck to them.

asssetto corsa is the sim-cade in this one....over 2k races in iracing and countless days and nights on assetto corsa i can for fact say that iracing has the sim badge when it comes to real racing.

been playing assetto corsa for years since it came out...it's always felt like I had control over the fastest cars...no real loss of control like iracing or a real car...iracing you can't just pick up and have fun, you have to spend time learning how each car drives, it feels like a real race-car...as in unless you are a pro and know how to really drive you will have an almost impossible time getting fast times and beating people...assetto corsa is more like pick it up and start racing...sure it's hard but not hard like iracing....nor will it ever be....anyone that doesn't agree doesn't own and race on iracing enough to understand.

sure it's hard but not hard like iracing....nor will it ever be....anyone that doesn't agree doesn't own and race on iracing enough to understand.
Here's a quote from an iracing user:

"iRacing made the sliding/oversteering harder to control, too make the simulation more serious. iRacing is hard to master, because iRacing wants the sim racer to have a competitive simulation. so the sim racers can compete their racing skills to each other. And because its hard to master, people drive in it for years or even for ever and dont want any other racing simulation. Realistic physics ? Yes and No. Lets say the Physics are insanely well made, compared to real life physics. In realife you have much more time to correct a slide and your car has much more grip. sometimes its funny how easy it is in iRacing to spin out. But in the last update they added a new tire physics model. now you have a little bit more grip but its still not the same as in real life. All in all is iRacing the best racing simulator because its interesting and never bores you out."

I did feel like iRacing was a bit exaggerated when it came to corrections and worst of all there's not much feel/feedback comparing to AC, it is more or less realistic, but it is almost like gliding over asphalt rather than driving on it, for some reason I had this impression on every occasion I tried to get back into it. In terms of physics AC is not a sim-cade, it is properly accurate, the problem is the racing, iRacing does offer better servers and close competition, it does not make it more hardcore sim, it just has better multiplayer. If anything I would call GT a sim-cade, I think there's just too much grip, though you can loose it, it feels like from an absolute to an absolute, like there's too much and then suddenly its gone, as if there's no curve-formula, its not linear, that I found strange in GT6 with their comprehensive tire model.

it's too bad they didn't save that money that it costs on the counsels and just try and make the pc game that much better....
505 games as the publisher is covering the costs of doing the console release, for Kunos it's a profitable move.

I don't understand the competition to prove which sim is easiest to slide in. Especially when it's down to "I think it's easy" rather than any numbers.

The more I think about it the more I compare Assetto Corsa to a true sim-cade than anything out there. They made all the cars so damn grippy and easy to control slides and what not that it's just boring most of the time. Unless you take out the fastest and craziest car you will always have something too grippy or just boring.

I thought of the same thing when I thought about Iracing with sliding and all of that, but then when I actually put in many hours practicing with a car I learned that in order to control that stuff properly you really really have to practice in one car. None of the cars handle or feel anything like the next. you say it's too slippery because you haven't put in days and days countless hours trying to make a car perform the way you want.

Read all you want, but Iracing is very hard because just like driving a real racecar, not anyone can just get in the seat and start racing. Do you honestly think a true racecar is that easy to control? they are setup in such a way to where it's not just for anyone with a wheel to go out and have a fun time, just as racecars are not meant to be learned how to master in just 20 hours or less. I think it takes real skill to pilot a race car, and I'm not talking about some street car either. These are pure cars made for racing, everything about them is hardcore, not assetto corsa where anyone with a wheel and pedals can just start playing and bam 2 hours later you are ready to race people.

Say all you want but until you own it and really spend allot of time trying to master any given track let alone one turn to be competitive you really have no play in saying they spin out too much or don't have enough this or that.

Sure I'm not a pro racecar driver at all, but I do know that they aren't made for just anyone to go drive on the streets and think they know it all.

Assetto corsa pisses me off because just about everything with that game is wrong at the moment. Oh so they are going to make a hardcore mode lol...I thought it already had that with all assists turned off....HMMMM

Thanks but no thanks..I'd rather pay good money to race on a real sim that has real servers and real seasons than just play another sim with a million mods and a few decent races.

mpla mpla mpla
So a guy that never drove a car in a track, say that a sim is better than another just because is harder...

Well i will just rate an opinion more valid when it comes from a person that actually race for real :
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?members/radiantm3.67560/

He says :
"Yup. The sense of speed in real life is incredible compared to sims. And there's a real sense of self preservation where even if you know it's possible to make a faster sweeping turn without lifting, your body takes control and you slowly lift off the gas even though you try to fight it with your mind.

That's why I use sims as a car control tool and not a replacement for real track time. The physics in AC are good enough that all the muscle memory generated in the sim loosely translates in real life. But there's no sense of speed and fear in the sim. The craziest part for me is how good I am in Assetto Corsa right after spending the day at the real track. Makes me fall completely in love with AC because how real everything translates."

and also

"I agree 100%. Some of these kids need to start spending some time on a real road course.

Also keep in mind if you are driving with the track surface on optimal, it's probably far from real life. There are so many variables (temperature, track surface debris) that can make a car easy or harder to catch. But when your tires are warmed up and the track surface is optimal, it's so easy to catch slides in real life just as it is in AC. Between my E92 M3 (now sold) and my current s2000, I've done about 50 track days in the last few years and have never spun or lost control of my car (and I don't drive with any nannies). I've gone sideways hundreds of times unintentionally, but catch the car fine just as easy as it is to do in AC. Gotta compare sims with real life, not with other sims."

Guess whose opinion i choose...

Last edited:
AC must be easy if you drive in Optimum grip surface with TC enabled, especially if you have years of sim racing experience. People who use sims like iracing, gsce, rf2 don't have TC enabled by default and the grip surface is also lower.

Just put Old or Green surface type in AC, disable Traction Control when on track with Ctrl+T, load the mod F1 2002 http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-f2002.8703/ and see if you don't spin unless you treat the car and the throttle well. Saying that mod, but could say any other race car in AC, just that a formula 1 has more immediate effects from the driver.

So a guy that never drove a car in a track, say that a sim is better than another just because is harder...
At times i think that devs even make it intentionally harder although physics tell them otherwise, just to give the player the feeling that he's achieving something.

There are rich people racing F1 cars and actors driving GT3 cars.
I dno't say that those guys are bad drivers, but they prove that even F1 cars don't kill you the second you put the power down.

Just like people in FPS games always ask for inaccurate weapons, there will always be people who ask for cars in racing sims that are way harder to drive than they are in real life.

I haven't driven any race car - and even if i had, the fear for life and gForces change everything anyways - but i doubt that it's unrealistic to be able to catch a car.
The biggest problem we have in sims is that we lack gForces and therefore realize too late that we're about to lose the back of the car.

Yes this just comes from somebody who has driven the hell out of every car I've owned...experienced track speeds on various mountain roads....20 years of experience and I can tell you that I know a thing or two about how a car handles. No need to be a racecar driver to know how one feels and how it doesn't feel going 65/70 around a turn you have no business going over 30 on....I spent countless hours all over the place experiencing everything a racecar driver must feel. Sure I haven't done anything too crazy or else I'd be dead, but I have driven many fast cars, Nissan GTR was the fastest and I know for fact it isn't easy trying to go faster than you should and driving on the limit.

Like I said I have 20+ years of experience knowing how cars handle around fast turns, slow turns, and anything else you might have thrown at you on a real race track. A bunch of gokarting too, but that doesn't count too much as they have allot of grip but even when you start to spin you have that oh crap I lost it feeling and can't get back in it....if you never experienced this you haven't driven fast enough.

And you know what those rich and actors have in common, they got trained to do what they do, they just don't take an F1 car out one day and go yeah I'm the man I got it. If you think that's the case you are very wrong.

And pretty sure that race car of a driver that compares this sim-cade to anything else hasn't really doing harder sims before, because there is no way assetto corsa comes anywhere close to as real life as some of the other real sims out there.

"AC must be easy if you drive in Optimum grip surface with TC enabled, especially if you have years of sim racing experience. People who use sims like iracing, gsce, rf2 don't have TC enabled by default and the grip surface is also lower." where did you guys get this from? <snip> Turn every assist off or you are just kidding yourself.

So yes I speak from real life and say for fact there are a ton of better sims out there that beat this one in terms of having to learn how to drive a racecar, rather than just pick up the old controller and start racing.

Almost no car can do better lap time than in real life....almost yeah so some can, wonder why.....hmmm.

4 or 5 years ago when this game came out it was more sim like, than like so many others they just started trying to add more fun to it by making it easier for the masses. oh well I predict this will go the way of many other games like it...on to the next in no time I bet.

Mod edit where it says <snip>

Yes we get it, you are a superb driver, but there's no need to belittle other players because they choose to play their game their way

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back