Assetto Corsa Competizone - Release 5 Review & New Hotfix Details

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Updated.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione hit version five recently, and to celebrate we've recorded a quick review video, as well detailing the contents of the latest hotfix release...

Ok, so before we get onto the hotfix released earlier today, you might want to check out our version 5 release review video, set to air live on our Twitch RDTV channel at 20:00 UTC Saturday 19th January. You can catch the action on Twitch HERE.

In the video, we will be taking out the new Emil Frey Jaguar G3 on the wonderful Zolder racetrack in a variety of different weather and time of day conditions. Looking at the update in detail, and sharing our thoughts on the way Assetto Corsa Competizone feels post V5 update, the video is a quick and dirty look at one of the most interesting and packed full of potential racing simulations of 2019, check it out..!

RDTV Twitch Channel

In other news, Kunos have released another small hotfix update to the title earlier today, the second such update since deploying the new version 5 build back on Wednesday. The new hotfix, available now, contains various small improvements to both the car, track and simulation itself, details of which can be seen below:

Hotfix V 0.5.2 Notes:
  • Jaguar collider fixed with soft collisions
  • Minor updates to Zolder
  • Fixed incorrect sound played in UI when Zolder is selected
  • Fixed look left/right with chase camera when Lock to Horizon is enabled
  • Fixed camera pitch change when Lock to Horizon is enabled
  • Enabled look left/right with dash and bonnet cameras
  • Fixed look back input using a controller binding

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available on Steam Early Access now. Currently at build release 5 status.

To keep abreast of all the latest news and discussions from the world of Assetto Corsa Competizione then don't forget to check out our very own ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do here at RD? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Just catching up on this thread... I've skipped a load of the last few pages of erm.. 'discussion' :whistling::rolleyes:

Anyways...

Try to change temporal aa settings to high. Also you can try to install reshade with msaa.

Ghosting happens here even with epic AA setting

For me problem is gone since v 0,4. You can find my screenshots at Kunos forum. I have rtx 2080 videocard. Vsync on, fps locked at 120 maximum.

I found the only way to get rid of the ghosting for me was to set temporal AA at Medium. Anything higher resulted in ghosting. Running an RTX 2080 with a Dell 34" 3440x1440 60hz monitor.

Have to say I'm loving the Jaaaaagggggg, the feeling in the cars seems to keep getting better to me with each release. Maybe my new wheel has something to do with that though :whistling: (gone from a T500 to a CSW 2.5) between the previous release and this one, although I already felt it was getting better with the last release as well on the old wheel.

Just catching up on this thread... I've skipped a load of the last few pages of erm.. 'discussion' :whistling::rolleyes:

Anyways...

I found the only way to get rid of the ghosting for me was to set temporal AA at Medium. Anything higher resulted in ghosting. Running an RTX 2080 with a Dell 34" 3440x1440 60hz monitor.

Have to say I'm loving the Jaaaaagggggg, the feeling in the cars seems to keep getting better to me with each release. Maybe my new wheel has something to do with that though :whistling: (gone from a T500 to a CSW 2.5) between the previous release and this one, although I already felt it was getting better with the last release as well on the old wheel.
Yeah I noticed your video on insta with your new wheel, looks great,
opted for the PS4 CSL base and the Esports F1 rim and CSL pedals if they ever come in the post. :D

Ouch 4k. I am afraid you need ti versions of nvidia cards for comfortable gaming. Vram size does matter in 4k. I have Eizo 2540 monitor and i think i will change it to 3Xfull hd monitors. I had very bad experience with sli configuration so now i am buying 1-step-from-top videocards.
I think I need something new also, these new Nvidia cards now are dropping the prices like crazy on these laptops, I paid 3200$ for my laptop not even 10 months ago,
now there knocking ROG out the door with the 2070 and 2080 cards for 2500$ ish,
I think its time to upgrade before I have to pay someone to take my laptop away. :D

I think I need something new also, these new Nvidia cards now are dropping the prices like crazy on these laptops, I paid 3200$ for my laptop not even 10 months ago,
now there knocking ROG out the door with the 2070 and 2080 cards for 2500$ ish,
I think its time to upgrade before I have to pay someone to take my laptop away. :D
Lol. Yep, if you have chance to sell your curent pc for a good price and buy smth better why not?
I am living outside EU and USA, so nvidia and amd have different price policy here. At list we have awesome steam regional prices. I have bought ACC for 2 usd :b

Lol. Yep, if you have chance to sell your curent pc for a good price and buy smth better why not?
I am living outside EU and USA, so nvidia and amd have different price policy here. At list we have awesome steam regional prices. I have bought ACC for 2 usd :b
I think I will start looking sooner rather than later, this ROG laptop is awesome what I have 17" only 1080p with 1070 gb and 64gb memory runs everything nice, I think I need something with 8 cores for rendering the textures with inside 3ds max, but ingame looks quite nice well to my eyes on maxed out settings in ACC, ill have a look what these 2080 laptops are running at with the CPU, but will need the same kind of cooling, some of these things are so thin, luckily mines got great cooling. :) G752VS 64gb

Ouch 4k. I am afraid you need ti versions of nvidia cards for comfortable gaming. Vram size does matter in 4k. I have Eizo 2540 monitor and i think i will change it to 3Xfull hd monitors. I had very bad experience with sli configuration so now i am buying 1-step-from-top videocards.
Not 4K...
4K: 3840*2160=8294400 pixels
Ultrawide: 3440*1440=4953600 pixels

My ultrawide has aprox 60% of the pixels than 4K so it's a lot less taxing :) My previous 1070 could mostly handle it, but it really sings on the 2080 :D

But from the moment the critics is make toward YOUR preferred sim, it´s more convenient to think he got paid from "someone" (for sure you think the guy is Ian Bell, rtight?). But the positive feedbacks, on the other hand were legit.

I see your agenda here.

(don´t refrain yourself to say that the opposite was the case with Pcars: Good feedback: from paid drivers/Bad feedback: from drivers that know the stuff).

No wonder the community is so dissociated....

I noticed you decided not to quote the part where I said critical thinking was essential.

I’ve no idea who Walker is, or even if those comments are actually his, or what his his sponsorship affiliations are. That’s my only point. Do I think his word is worth more than the other race drivers report (or others that might be out there)? No, they are both just opinions. From Walkers words claiming ACC is like driving on ice is quite difficult to reconcile. Him saying the car has some odd behaviours that the real car doesn’t is more plausible. I’ve certainly experienced some odd low speed ‘front wheel on the kerb’ spins that didn’t seem right at all. This build seems better but his review was before that point.

You’re right about some of the directly developer employed racing drivers some of them have lost a lot of credibility with excessive claims in the past. I can’t fault the companies for using them though, celebrity endorsement is an effective marketing strategy. I mean if Danica Patrick says a certain product is great she must be right, or maybe it’s just because she’s pretty...I forget.

No agenda from me, I was just responding to the he’s right / she’s wrong that had started once again. I’ve bought and think all the current PC sims are between pretty good to amazing in VR and ACC is coming along nicely (though in reality and forum biases aside it’s currently quite similar to PCARS2). I’m no one eyed Kunos fan either if that’s what you were getting at, the AC release on console was poor to say the least.

I find the way sim racers and the devs and their minions react truly fascinating. To end where we started, a lot more critical thinking is required.

there is something wrong with the physics in this ACC, maybe its the tyres, not quite sure,
but the behavior is something you would expect from a full blown arcade game not a "simulator"
yes its still pre alpha so to speak, lets see what the final results are, but so far, I am far from impressed.

Hoping that's the language barrier at play; a game less than two months from version 1.0 is not pre-alpha.

Curious to see what other people think about the Huracan with the current build. For me, it's very difficult to catch after even minor wheelspin on acceleration. It feels like something is wrong with how the grip drops off with slip angle. It falls off a cliff.

I've driven on slicks IRL. They aren't like that. Especially with hot tires, we'd routinely blow up differentials because they had so much grip. They would wiggle under acceleration and you could get the car loose, but it was incredibly easy to hold a slip angle on corner exit - way easier than trying to do it on street tires.

Turn off TC in the Huracan and just try to have a little fun nailing the throttle on corner exit. It feels like someone dumped oil on my back tires.

1.1 hours is more than enough when you're a hardcore sim racer with IRL racing experience.
No it isn't unless it is a clear cut case like gran turismo or forza. 1 hour of play time is maybe half an hour of driving which means something like 15-20 completed laps if you don't spin out. How many cars and tracks can you sample in that time? How much of that is driving in different weather, how much is tweaking your ffb settings and googling for some game settings and how much of it is warm up laps. How many different tires or setup changes?

1 hour of playing a game is also very different from 1 hour of driving a real car. It is totally bonkers comparison to compare sim playing hours to real car driving hours.

Hoping that's the language barrier at play; a game less than two months from version 1.0 is not pre-alpha.
Doesn't matter at all what they call it. It is a 45€ product at this point in time. People pay too much attention to basically fictional marketing terms like early access or 0.9 or 1.0 or final or early alpha. Only thing that should matter is what comes with the product and what does it cost. If you can buy it the only thing that matters is whether it is a good deal or not.

1 hour of playing a game is also very different from 1 hour of driving a real car. It is totally bonkers comparison to compare sim playing hours to real car driving hours.

I've literally watched racing series where they roll into an event, Practice & Qualifying both get rained out, and teams maybe get 30 minutes of practice in before the actual race itself. And in that time teams are still able to consult previous years of experience & throw reasonable numbers at the setup & get a car that's pretty close to on rails.

But somehow, simplified virtual cars are now more complex than the real thing? Is that what you're wanting to argue?

What planet did I wake up on today?

How much of that is driving in different weather, how much is tweaking your ffb settings and googling for some game settings and how much of it is warm up laps. How many different tires or setup changes?

There's really no need to do that to experience the base of the simulator. And, in regards of the IRL pilot that made the assessement, his case was quite clear cut: test IRL setup used on a IRL Gallardo and do a A2B comparision.
There's no need for "weather testing " "FFB testing" or "whatever testing". It's a simple A2B test. If the car is not handling the same way, there's something wrong in the physics that don't allow the replicability or IRL setups into the virtual Gallardo.

Pretty clear cut.

Curious to see what other people think about the Huracan with the current build. For me, it's very difficult to catch after even minor wheelspin on acceleration. It feels like something is wrong with how the grip drops off with slip angle. It falls off a cliff.
It's like that if you do strange things like drive without TC or do donuts. There is first too much grip and then none (something which iRacing used to be famous for). 488 has this same slow speed burnout behavior. Haven't tested every car but with new Jag it's possible to donut around and continue with burnout (and stay in control).

In normal driving it's not a problem. You can provoke cars to drift in fast corners and it's very similar to catch like in AC.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 245 13.5%