Assetto Corsa Competizione: Zandvoort Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 4.jpg

Circuit Zandvoort previews for Assetto Corsa Competizione are here!

Kunos Simulazioni have released some impressive preview images from the Zandvoort track, soon to be added to the simulation as part of the upcoming V1.1 update that brings both this new track, the 2019 Blancpain GT Series liveries and six new car models to the simulation.

Circuit Zandvoort has enjoyed a busy year in the motorsport news cycle this year, having recently inked a contract that will see the venue return to Formula One racing for the first time in three decades from 2020, however before the Grand Prix circus hits the seaside town it would be fair to say the current headline event for the track is the Blancpain GT Series... which will soon be represented in Assetto Corsa Competizione as part of the upcoming new game build.

Already we've seen preview images from the Porsche 911 GT3-R, AMR V8 Vantage and Audi R8 LMS updated cars, and now we get a look at the Zandvoort Circuit venue - the first new track to be added to the title since Assetto Corsa Competizione moved out of Early Access earlier this year.

Circuit Zandvoort and the new 2019 season update cars will be released to the simulation as a free DLC in the very near future...

Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Different form? I’ve tried them all, reshade, resolution scale to 200, all 3 AA, no AA on a 2060 super. What’s the secret guys?
I use KTAA (TAA has ghosting and is blurry, FXAA is the sharpest but least AA)with no sharpening and no reshade, on a 4K screen, the screen helps probably the most, although 1440p type screen should be enough aswell.

very very far distance it is still not fully sharp and will never be, due to the little bit of fog beeing put there to hide the low LOD from objects in the background, that is normal in games, it does look better than low detailed building thats for sure ;) talking like monza frontstraight level of distance (looking from the exit of parabolica down till T1 or vice versa, Paul Ricard backstraight aswell

Once again....Kunos and Company's dedication to simracing and simracers is evident in the 'price'.
This loyalty is one of the reasons why I own every piece of their content. There was absolutely nothing stopping them from coming out and charging us for a new season...and yet, they didn't. Thank you.
Track and cars look great.

I too have bought into everything they have done but lets be clear about something here.
You are incorrect about the "BlancPain 2019" content and saying what you have.

Clearly as highlighted below, it was advertised to come as a future update when buying the full game. This includes cars, teams and circuits.

Its not free DLC content, (given in the sense of a nice gesture) it is the "free update" for purchasing the full game which people were expecting and entitled to.

Last edited:
Optimization... I think devs just don't have the time and/or resource for optimizing the game to the absolute peak.
If they had, ALL the latest games would be playable on a system with i3 and 1070GTX.

This is a bold statement. Unreal engine has been in the development for over 10 years, so there is no reason to think it's not optimized. The second point is, it doesn't matter how optimized you make a game, if you increase the graphics standards, it will cost FPS. You can make any game run 500 FPS with i3 and GTX 1070, just remove some precision from shaders and shadow computation and make car models a bit simpler. Could be done tomorrow, but that would go against the crowd constantly demanding more effects and bling.

I had a 2560x1080 34" Alienware and ACC looked terrible on it, everything was out of focus.
I made a switch to 29" LG (same res) and it looks way better (obviously, ppi is higher).
Still, ACC's TAA looks bad, edges are shimmering+pixelated.
Many (most?) of the people complaining about the image seem to be using monitors with a 1080p vertical resolution. Perhaps that's part of the problem. At 1440p there's definitely no blurriness or ghosting in races for me using TAA (6700k, GTX 1080).

I could have a certain amount of partisan bias here -- Zandvoort is only 30 minutes from where I live -- but I love the circuit. The undulations through the sand dunes are great to drive. I've also seen some great racing there over a number of weekends.

Many (most?) of the people complaining about the image seem to be using monitors with a 1080p vertical resolution. Perhaps that's part of the problem. At 1440p there's definitely no blurriness or ghosting in races for me using TAA (6700k, GTX 1080).
Not just perhaps, this is, what the UE4 is known for. Its blurry mess and dithering with 1080p without upscaling, with upscaling you can correct that, but it is extremely FPS heavy. There are some workarounds, i think, because Kartkraft, for example, looks pretty good on my machine and is way better performing. The areals used in ACC are quite bigger though.

This engine is just a visual mess, when it comes to lower resolutions because of its bad methods to fix aliasing and artifacting. With lower res and no upscaling the bling is still beautiful, the overall look is horrible, without some work on it. ACC fails there for me pretty hard, unfortunately.

Love how they modeled this track (and the others), but why they put these huge fantasy billboards on places where nobody except the drivers have a look at them? Makes any decent simtrack looking like an arcade game.
We already payed for the game, dont feed us the stupid fanatasy adds facing only towards the drivers.
Billboards that size would get ripped out of the ground at the first autumn storm.

Sorry for the delay of the answer,

I use Shadow Gaming, but there is no VR or multi screen support. Also i have the fiber and i live in France.

I wait the next generation of graphic cards, maybe 2020 maybe 2021, i have time :).

I'm already doing well with losing very little money with the sale of my 9 year old PC and i have other passions who cost more than racing game.

Personnaly, i'm one of the first player to have bought the game for RTX features with also the quality of Kunos games.

After 6month, i have sell my old computer (8 years) and play now on ACC with the cloud gaming.

I'm exciting about RayTracing for games but it's not for now :)

I too have bought into everything they have done but lets be clear about something here.
You are incorrect about the "BlancPain 2019" content and saying what you have.

Clearly as highlighted below, it was advertised to come as a future update when buying the full game. This includes cars, teams and circuits.

Its not free DLC content, (given in the sense of a nice gesture) it is the "free update" for purchasing the full game which people were expecting and entitled to.

Agreed, however McLaren 720 is a freebie........wooohoooooo!!! (thank you Kunos) ;)

Hoping for the Temporal Anti-aliasing to be "fixed" because I have already tried all of the alternate methods also and except for the horrible ghosting, it is the highest quality for me.
It can´t be "fixed" unless it is replaced, or changed like it has been done with KTAA (no blurr and ghosting, but more jagged edges), TAA is always noticeably more blurry and has ghosting due to the way it works, also amplified by the fast moving objects this game has, due to being a racing game, in other games it is the same, just less due to the slow nature of most other games

It does do AA itself pretty good, but at the cost of blurr, AA is always a choice of the lesser evil rather than the best, FXAA;SMAA;TAA;MSAA are all really bad in one way or the other, only supersampling can achive a better result, but it costs a lot of frames (like you would think it does) or the disaster DLSS is period, but thats a different story ;)

I have no blurriness at all on my setup. Mine is a 1080 49” ultra wide and it looks incredible. Certainly the best of all the sims I have (pretty much all of them). I use KTAA and have an i7 and a 1080ti. Sorry to hear that some still have problems but from what I can tell, if you have a half decent setup, most people can run ACC very well now.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 399 40.0%