Assetto Corsa Competizione: Zandvoort Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 4.jpg

Circuit Zandvoort previews for Assetto Corsa Competizione are here!

Kunos Simulazioni have released some impressive preview images from the Zandvoort track, soon to be added to the simulation as part of the upcoming V1.1 update that brings both this new track, the 2019 Blancpain GT Series liveries and six new car models to the simulation.

Circuit Zandvoort has enjoyed a busy year in the motorsport news cycle this year, having recently inked a contract that will see the venue return to Formula One racing for the first time in three decades from 2020, however before the Grand Prix circus hits the seaside town it would be fair to say the current headline event for the track is the Blancpain GT Series... which will soon be represented in Assetto Corsa Competizione as part of the upcoming new game build.

Already we've seen preview images from the Porsche 911 GT3-R, AMR V8 Vantage and Audi R8 LMS updated cars, and now we get a look at the Zandvoort Circuit venue - the first new track to be added to the title since Assetto Corsa Competizione moved out of Early Access earlier this year.

Circuit Zandvoort and the new 2019 season update cars will be released to the simulation as a free DLC in the very near future...

Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Optimization... I think devs just don't have the time and/or resource for optimizing the game to the absolute peak.
If they had, ALL the latest games would be playable on a system with i3 and 1070GTX.

The use for RTX in any racing sim is obvious, mirrors, imagine actually seeing a reflection and not just a “monitor” as such (yes, I’m aware that a lot of race cars actually use monitors these days). So your rear view mirror shows you everything as it should, roll cages, the whole rear interior of the car like a real mirror would, same with side mirrors.

Performance isn’t there though but it will be eventually. Nvidia and maybe even the Dev studios already know what kind of performance to expect from next gen cards so maybe they know something interesting there :)

Feel like we have gone way off topic here...
Though good to see ACC getting a good amount of attention anyway for a change

Whats more important? Correctly reflecting mirrors and surfaces? Or stereoscopic perception of all the environment in VR? Both consume hardware ressources like crazy.

If RT goes at the cost and disadvantage of VR, then it has lost me already.

Personally, for me there is no way going back to racedriving in non-VR, and only on 2D screen.

Whats more important? Correctly reflecting mirrors and surfaces? Or stereoscopic perception of all the environment in VR? Both consume hardware ressources like crazy.

If RT goes at the cost and disadvantage of VR, then it has lost me already.

One has to compliment the other, not replace it, hence I’m saying next gen hardware for this and no point implementing it until it can actually be used.

“Coming at a later date” suggests that whatever hardware comes next will/may do it and that’s when dev resources can be allocated to add it to the sim. Far more important stuff in front of it now

As far as not being good for racing, that really depends on the car. F1? Yeah, it's gonna be a parade...but in terms of pure racing, this is likely as bad as F1 has ever been. For tin tops and slower open seaters, I think it is just fine. Watched a DTM race here a while back and it was great. Lots of side by side action, daring moves, etc.

I think dlss is what will interest people for the moment.
The "new" "technology" of upsampling a lower res image, introducing the same blurrines when setting 75% res, would be even worse in UE4, seeing how its performing in other titles, RTX is definetly the more desireble feauture.

Now for RTX in general, the way its done now is not ideal, the Version i have read about (and tested the demo), that a different game will have (aided by Intel, and no its not Intel exclusive) is better since its calculated via CPU, of which we nower days have way more power than used anyway, although a newer vastly upgraded Nvidia Generation may prove me wrong, but at the moment its really poor looking and performing for what It could be if we had cards with 100 Abs more times the Performance (a perfectly rendered Ray-Traced frame takes days to complete vs games with 60 frames per second, so Yeah still a long way for gaming with ray-tracing)

As far as not being good for racing, that really depends on the car. F1? Yeah, it's gonna be a parade...but in terms of pure racing, this is likely as bad as F1 has ever been. For tin tops and slower open seaters, I think it is just fine. Watched a DTM race here a while back and it was great. Lots of side by side action, daring moves, etc.

Yeah but this years Blancpain GT3 race was a bit of a parade as well. We will see in ACC :), at least in ACC drivers make more mistakes than in reality so that leads to more overtaking opportunities.

Different form? I’ve tried them all, reshade, resolution scale to 200, all 3 AA, no AA on a 2060 super. What’s the secret guys?

I don't think there is a secret. It seems to be down to hardware rather than the game, in many cases. I use TAA on my QHD monitor with no special settings or add-ons and get no ghosting at all in races and only very occasionally (and hardly noticeable) in replays.

I don't think there is a secret. It seems to be down to hardware rather than the game, in many cases. I use TAA on my QHD monitor with no special settings or add-ons and get no ghosting at all in races and only very occasionally (and hardly noticeable) in replays.

i5-8400/2060 Super on a 34” IPS ultra wide is a blurry mess down track. In cockpit it looks great. Reshade/Lumasharp helps a little and not hating ACC, it’s the best feeling sim I have. I just want clarity.
I wonder if it’s my ultra wide being 2560x1080? Should I look at a 1440 monitor?

i5-8400/2060 Super on a 34” IPS ultra wide is a blurry mess down track. In cockpit it looks great. Reshade/Lumasharp helps a little and not hating ACC, it’s the best feeling sim I have. I just want clarity.
I wonder if it’s my ultra wide being 2560x1080? Should I look at a 1440 monitor?
I had a 2560x1080 34" Alienware and ACC looked terrible on it, everything was out of focus.
I made a switch to 29" LG (same res) and it looks way better (obviously, ppi is higher).
Still, ACC's TAA looks bad, edges are shimmering+pixelated. I really hope Kunos can fix this.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 198 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 259 13.5%