Assetto Corsa Competizione: Zandvoort Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 4.jpg

Circuit Zandvoort previews for Assetto Corsa Competizione are here!

Kunos Simulazioni have released some impressive preview images from the Zandvoort track, soon to be added to the simulation as part of the upcoming V1.1 update that brings both this new track, the 2019 Blancpain GT Series liveries and six new car models to the simulation.

Circuit Zandvoort has enjoyed a busy year in the motorsport news cycle this year, having recently inked a contract that will see the venue return to Formula One racing for the first time in three decades from 2020, however before the Grand Prix circus hits the seaside town it would be fair to say the current headline event for the track is the Blancpain GT Series... which will soon be represented in Assetto Corsa Competizione as part of the upcoming new game build.

Already we've seen preview images from the Porsche 911 GT3-R, AMR V8 Vantage and Audi R8 LMS updated cars, and now we get a look at the Zandvoort Circuit venue - the first new track to be added to the title since Assetto Corsa Competizione moved out of Early Access earlier this year.

Circuit Zandvoort and the new 2019 season update cars will be released to the simulation as a free DLC in the very near future...

Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Shhh, let them think they got stuff for free, logic doesn't work here. Most think Kunos are releasing "extra improvement patches for free" when in reality they are finishing their game lol.
yeag cuz 25€ are such a big amount of money, dirt 2.0 costs a lot!!! more and isn´t finished aswell so price is fine of acc

Personnaly, i'm one of the first player to have bought the game for RTX features with also the quality of Kunos games.

After 6month, i have sell my old computer (8 years) and play now on ACC with the cloud gaming.

I'm exciting about RayTracing for games but it's not for now :)

The first consumer instalment of this comes with a lot of catches

Yeah, that it basically doesn't work and is MIA in nearly all titles that exist. Pretty big catch. I'm not having a go at anyone here. I hate Nvidia with a burning passion and it's about time people wake up to what is actually happening. New tech? You mean like Gameworks, tesselation, Gsync, etc? All proprietary (or heavily gimped on other cards) and designed with the sole purpose of destroying their competition and becoming the only place in town where you can buy a graphics card. They allow the bare minimum of performance increases to trickle out to the consumer market while charging a premium for their products at the same time. Same with Intel, Samsung, Apple, etc etc. Their main goal is to extract as MUCH profit as possible for as little output to make it worthwhile to upgrade. The sole reason corporations exist is to generate profit and Nvidia have become exceedingly good at that.

Anyway. Ray tracing may come to ACC but I can almost guarantee that most of the user base will either ignore it or not be able to run it in the first place. Either because the current cards are unable to handle it at a modern resolution and an acceptable frame rate, or because it's yet another technology behind a paywall that requires you to adopt the latest and 'greatest'.

I'll not poison the thread any further.

Yeah, that it basically doesn't work and is MIA in nearly all titles that exist. Pretty big catch. I'm not having a go at anyone here. I hate Nvidia with a burning passion and it's about time people wake up to what is actually happening. New tech? You mean like Gameworks, tesselation, Gsync, etc? All proprietary (or heavily gimped on other cards) and designed with the sole purpose of destroying their competition and becoming the only place in town where you can buy a graphics card. They allow the bare minimum of performance increases to trickle out to the consumer market while charging a premium for their products at the same time. Same with Intel, Samsung, Apple, etc etc. Their main goal is to extract as MUCH profit as possible for as little output to make it worthwhile to upgrade. The sole reason corporations exist is to generate profit and Nvidia have become exceedingly good at that.

Anyway. Ray tracing may come to ACC but I can almost guarantee that most of the user base will either ignore it or not be able to run it in the first place. Either because the current cards are unable to handle it at a modern resolution and an acceptable frame rate, or because it's yet another technology behind a paywall that requires you to adopt the latest and 'greatest'.

I'll not poison the thread any further.

Big difference here is that Raytracing isn’t proprietary. It will come to all games in time.

Tesselation also isn't proprietary. And since SMP was mentioned...it needs to be supported by the game, and developers don't seem to be interested. iRacing is the only game I'm aware of that uses it.

Once again....Kunos and Company's dedication to simracing and simracers is evident in the 'price'.
This loyalty is one of the reasons why I own every piece of their content. There was absolutely nothing stopping them from coming out and charging us for a new season...and yet, they didn't. Thank you.
Track and cars look great.
100%

It amazes me at times how poorly this studio handles some things, I didnt yet buy into RTX but I would be really peeved if I had spent over £1000 on a GPU to enjoy this sim title as the first racing title that was listed/promoted to use such features.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about RTX even though I bought a RTX card. I don't see a point in reducing FPS for some additional reflections that will never catch my eye while racing anyway, I'm more than occupied to keep the car onto the black stuff.

If I have a peeve with my RTX card it is that even a Reverb is still not using the virtual link, which I really would prefer over my current setup, so basically the new "standard" of virtual link is dead in the water already.

tricked by who? kunos? or nvidia making that video?
i can't remember kunos stating acc would feature raytracing.
If you have post it here so we can all see

Well, at least nvidia was promoting this message for some time, and I guess they wouldn't have done this without agreement with Kunos.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/assetto-corsa-competizione-rtx-ray-tracing/
But again, I really don't see a point for RTX in racing games as long as the cards are not able to deliver enough FPS while using it.

Marco appears so happy and excited with his PR spin @96 seconds.
This really worked out so far... for Nvidia. I upgraded my former GTX 1080 against the RTX2080 and the awful VR-performance in ACC certainly lured me into this upgrade in combination with those RTX-marketing. Unfortunately it wasn't worth it and seems the game is just poorly optimized.

Konfuzius said: Information and Advertizing are two completely different things.

And often the latter serves the purpose to prevent or supress the first.

Keep that in mind when the hardware industry has one of its selling shows or presentations running. You get manipulated.

This really worked out so far... for Nvidia. I upgraded my former GTX 1080 against the RTX2080 and the awful VR-performance in ACC certainly lured me into this upgrade in combination with those RTX-marketing. Unfortunately it wasn't worth it and seems the game is just poorly optimized.
Upgraded from an i5 and a GTX 1070 to a Ryzen 7 3700X with a RTX 2080 Super, and it was totally worth it, great performance with my WMR headset! *shrug*

No it was not presented as a tech demo.
It was officially announced and listed, from day one. You can sidestep it as much as you want. The truth is both parties are to blame in generating hyperbole. Moreso Kunos as agreeing to it as they knew full well the situation and schedule they faced.

Naughty, Naughty, Very Naughty

If you look at the games in the first image you linked, only 4 out of the 21 games shown currently support ray tracing - https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/games-support-nvidia-ray-tracing/. Kunos is just one of many developers not to incorporate it yet so it's logical to assume that it's because of one of a number of possible reasons: it's difficult to implement, the performance hit is just too great to be practical or the number of people with an RTX card is currently too small for it to be worthwhile.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about RTX even though I bought a RTX card. I don't see a point in reducing FPS for some additional reflections that will never catch my eye while racing anyway, I'm more than occupied to keep the car onto the black stuff.

If I have a peeve with my RTX card it is that even a Reverb is still not using the virtual link, which I really would prefer over my current setup, so basically the new "standard" of virtual link is dead in the water already.
I think dlss is what will interest people for the moment.

By the way does it works fine with ACC?

Mine is not working correctly since about 3 weeks. I have freeze and slow execution even in the menu. It's unplayable. All other games work fine. It's an ASUS DUAL series. Firmware is updated to the last one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back