Assetto Corsa Competizione: Zandvoort Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 4.jpg

Circuit Zandvoort previews for Assetto Corsa Competizione are here!

Kunos Simulazioni have released some impressive preview images from the Zandvoort track, soon to be added to the simulation as part of the upcoming V1.1 update that brings both this new track, the 2019 Blancpain GT Series liveries and six new car models to the simulation.

Circuit Zandvoort has enjoyed a busy year in the motorsport news cycle this year, having recently inked a contract that will see the venue return to Formula One racing for the first time in three decades from 2020, however before the Grand Prix circus hits the seaside town it would be fair to say the current headline event for the track is the Blancpain GT Series... which will soon be represented in Assetto Corsa Competizione as part of the upcoming new game build.

Already we've seen preview images from the Porsche 911 GT3-R, AMR V8 Vantage and Audi R8 LMS updated cars, and now we get a look at the Zandvoort Circuit venue - the first new track to be added to the title since Assetto Corsa Competizione moved out of Early Access earlier this year.

Circuit Zandvoort and the new 2019 season update cars will be released to the simulation as a free DLC in the very near future...

Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
why the hell do you want RTX? to run half the frame per second and not be able to race properly?

We dont know what impact it will have on frames or how adaptable it may be implemented. Having the option to play with lower resolution and RTX would I am sure appeal to some.

The point is, it appears, people were tricked/conned with marketing into buying hardware, as over a year later and still nothing. Kunos would have known how far/long or what priority it would take place in their schedule yet they still jumped onboard with Nvidia as a partner. Rather disappointingly, it appears to of benefited them as a studio as it certainly has not benefited customers. I don't recall an apology or announcement since, that sucks and is a poor way for a company to behave.

High-quality visuals have always sold hardware and software. The fact this title uses day-night and weather conditions would have made it a very interesting title to see RTX working.

We dont know what impact it will have on frames or how adaptable it may be implemented. Having the option to play with lower resolution and RTX would I am sure appeal to some.

The point is, it appears, people were tricked/conned with marketing into buying hardware, as over a year later and still nothing. Kunos would have known how far/long or what priority it would take place in their schedule yet they still jumped onboard with Nvidia as a partner. Rather disappointingly, it appears to of benefited them as a studio as it certainly has not benefited customers. I don't recall an apology or announcement since, that sucks and is a poor way for a company to behave.

High-quality visuals have always sold hardware and software. The fact this title uses day-night and weather conditions would have made it a very interesting title to see RTX working.
tricked by who? kunos? or nvidia making that video?
i can't remember kunos stating acc would feature raytracing.
If you have post it here so we can all see

Last edited:
tricket by who? kunos? or nvidia making that video?
i can't remember kunos stating acc would feature raytracing.
If you have post it here so we can all see

Perhaps, your not aware then of the RTX launch and tech demos lising the title as supporting (specific RTX features). They gave the impression that usage of the features was well established/implemented into the title. As explained in the video the usage of the effects was also to enhance gameplay not just for eye-candy.

I don't want to derail this thread but Kunos will see this and it seems RD Forums or no other Sim based community has actually tackled them about it whatsoever.

Next interview Paul does, it would be great to get some answers or explanations.

Last edited:
"this new track, the 2019 Blancpain GT Series liveries and six new car models"
Which is all good, as is the upcoming triple monitor support.

Yet, what keeps being avoided is ANY updates or information if the once demonstrated/announced RTX features are still planned or now scrapped. Unreal Engine has supposedly been updated earlier in the year to support it, yet in over a year nothing new to my knowledge has been shown or confirmed.

It amazes me at times how poorly this studio handles some things, I didnt yet buy into RTX but I would be really peeved if I had spent over £1000 on a GPU to enjoy this sim title as the first racing title that was listed/promoted to use such features.

We got info on it 2 months ago. From the official AC Forum:

RmX6dWO.png

And to be on topic: Damn Zandvoort looks fine. Had some great GT races there in RaceRoom, AC and rfactor 2 and surprise surprise: Overtaking is possible :D

Perhaps, your not aware then of the RTX launch and tech demos lising the title as supporting (specific RTX features). They gave the impression that usage of the features was well established/implemented into the title. As explained in the video the usage of the effects was also to enhance gameplay not just for eye-candy.

I don't want to derail this thread but Kunos will see this and it seems RD Forums or no other Sim based community has actually tackled them about it whatsoever.

Next interview Paul does, it would be great to get some answers or explanations.

again show me were kunos stated acc would feature raytracing? i don't care what nvidia said or did on their new cards propaganda.

unless it's something kunos said they were going to feature, i don't know why people complain to kunos, you should go complain to nvidia

again show me were kunos stated acc would feature raytracing? i don't care what nvidia said or did on their new cards propaganda.

unless it's something kunos said they were going to feature, i don't know why people complain to kunos, you should go complain to nvidia

Maybe you don't care but gees you make it out that Kunos are not at fault.
Its false advertising, deceptive and likely for financial gain. Marco seemed happy to appear in Nvidia promo. The title was listed officially with others as being developed to support RTX. How its been swept under the carpet shows badly on the company and how it treats its customers/community. Some have the right to be peeved but Kunos and Marco maybe dont care?

We dont need to drag it on and on, it has been highlighted by how they handled the situation. As a customer I put to Kunos/Marco why should I trust or support them in the future if indeed the RTX features are now very unlikely to appear as is any concern or apology?

Last edited:
Maybe you don't care but gees you make it out that Kunos are not at fault.
Its false advertising, deceptive and likely for financial gain. Marco seemed happy to appear in Nvidia promo. The title was listed officially with others as being developed to support RTX. How its been swept under the carpet shows badly on the company and how it treats its customers/community. Some have the right to be peeved but Kunos and Marco maybe dont care?

We dont need to drag it on and on, it has been highlighted by how they handled the situation. As a customer I put to Kunos/Marco why should I trust or support them in the future if indeed the RTX features are now very unlikely to appear as is any concern or apology?

It was a tech demo to show what can be done with RTX, not a list of games coming with RTX, if you interpreted it differently then that’s on you. And from Kunos’s perspective, if a giant like Nvidia comes and says “can we use your sim in out tech demo” you would be insane to say no, it’s huge exposure.

Nvidia needed a wide spread of game types to help show what can be done, as far as I know ACC would have been the only one with the capability to actually implement it for a test due to it using Unreal engine.

Next gen cards may do it, current ones won’t.

PS: How awesome does Zandvoort look?

It was a tech demo to show what can be done with RTX, not a list of games coming with RTX, if you interpreted it differently then that’s on you. And from Kunos’s perspective, if a giant like Nvidia comes and says “can we use your sim in out tech demo” you would be insane to say no, it’s huge exposure.

Nvidia needed a wide spread of game types to help show what can be done, as far as I know ACC would have been the only one with the capability to actually implement it for a test due to it using Unreal engine.

Next gen cards may do it, current ones won’t.

PS: How awesome does Zandvoort look?

No it was not presented as a tech demo.
It was officially announced and listed, from day one. You can sidestep it as much as you want. The truth is both parties are to blame in generating hyperbole. Moreso Kunos as agreeing to it as they knew full well the situation and schedule they faced.

Naughty, Naughty, Very Naughty

Marco appears so happy and excited with his PR spin @96 seconds.

Yes the game looks great it would look even better with RTX :D

Last edited:
Omg these people, what's next? Can you imagine if Kunos didn't release ACC and just called it a tech demo? There would be people saying "can you prove they said it was going to be a game? they never said it". Are people really that blind when they want to defend Kunos? God damn...

The reason they did not implement RTX is pretty obvious, they can't even get the performance right without it, imagine with it...

(There is also an official nVidia news article that specificially talks about ACC coming to early access and claims that "at a later date, it will upgrade its cutting-edge Unreal Engine 4 visuals with bleeding-edge NVIDIA RTX Ray Tracing, elevating its graphical fidelity."

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/assetto-corsa-competizione-rtx-ray-tracing/

And I seriously doubt these statements were made without Kunos' knowledge or behind their back.)

Also, some were likely interested or expecting to do this
Notindagameione ;)

You let us down Kunos.
Still we can at least look forward to the "Summer 2019" content which is better late than never.

Last edited:
The whole point of using UE4 was kind of to have an industry standard engine and not having to do (as much) in-house graphics optimizations (and I reckon it's unlikely it could be optimized much more, Unreal has probably had hundreds of developers building and optimizing their engine already).

The blurriness is AFAIK from UE4 using deferred rendering, which means only blurry AA solutions are available, unlike in most other sims that haven't yet transitioned to this form of rendering. Either way, you shouldn't expect some magic from Kunos here as both the blurriness and performance comes from UE4.
Some games out there transitioned to hybrids that include forward+ in the mix like Forza.

as both the blurriness and performance comes from UE4

Then I think it's a question that needs to be asked. Based on the current feedback from ACC being the first title to release on UE4, should sim developers look to avoid it in future? It certainly seems the least friendly engine compared to all others being used for sim racing.

I would be really peeved if I had spent over £1000 on a GPU to enjoy this sim title as the first racing title that was listed/promoted to use such features.

I'd be pointing the finger at those (I'm sure) very nice people that priced that GPU and promised you something that was not even remotely close to being a 'thing' in current year. It's not the first time Nvidia have used bullet points to sell their products only to completely abandon / forget about them after millions of units have already been shipped. See SMP for multiple monitor / VR setups in the 10 series cards. Advertised 4GB VRAM = actual 3.5GB usable VRAM in the 970, the 770 actually being a x60 class card that was half the size of the 670 of previous gen, just with the shroud making it look anywhere remotely similar.

Simple solution? Never believe a word Nvidia ever say.

Edit: Another note, after reading the rest of the comments, is this. Perhaps Nvidia gave Kunos false information regarding the usability of their tech? I mean they've made a killing lying to their consumers over the years, who's to say that Kunos weren't on the receiving end of that, too? After all, all of those advertisements are Nvidia published. They needed games to adopt this rubbish to get away with selling you a 1200 dollar GPU that barely gives me an upgrade over my 1080Ti. Once devs actually saw the consumer hardware in the hands of the public and tech reviewers, who in their right mind would spend resources on getting something so worthless to work in their games. ESPECIALLY a title like ACC which is currently struggling in regular rasterized graphics performance to begin with, on a new engine, with many handcuffs on it relative to sim racing and the expectations of sim racing enthusiasts.

Last edited:
The marketing for RTX has been a bit dodgy overall, thing though is that raytracing isn’t a gimmick like a lot of stuff of the past but the next step in the way all future games will be rendered. The first consumer instalment of this comes with a lot of catches, all of them seemingly performance related.

There is a possibility that the devs (all devs and not just Kunos specifically) have info on Nvidia’s Ampere cards due out first half of 2020 which may bring significant raytracing acceleration features that could enable much more viable performance. And one ACC’s case that could be the time they would add it.

Worth remembering as well that raytracing is not an Nvidia thing but DirectX, they have just accelerated it a bit with dedicated hardware.

EDIT: Few other thoughts, it takes someone as large as Nvidia to push new technology, consider how many deals needed to be made with different developers for them to go out of their way and implement this first gen RTX in to their games? They could have just continued with standard rendering where they were already dominating with the 10 series cards but instead pushed something new that within the next 2 years will just become the standard, AMD is working on their RTX acceleration and seems to have been caught unaware a little and both the next gen consoles will support it, this is no gimmick but the first consumer entry of it. No first anything is perfect and suitable for everything.

Who remembers the birth of pixel shading? Morrowind was among the first with pixel shaded water that looked awesome. Fair performance hit then also. That was Nvidia as well I believe...

Last edited:
Omg these people, what's next? Can you imagine if Kunos didn't release ACC and just called it a tech demo? There would be people saying "can you prove they said it was going to be a game? they never said it". Are people really that blind when they want to defend Kunos? God damn...

The reason they did not implement RTX is pretty obvious, they can't even get the performance right without it, imagine with it...
maybe u should buy a new computer? how old is yours i bought one in 2018 for 999€ and i can play everything on ultra?! i´m confused

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%