Assetto Corsa Competizione: Zandvoort Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 4.jpg

Circuit Zandvoort previews for Assetto Corsa Competizione are here!

Kunos Simulazioni have released some impressive preview images from the Zandvoort track, soon to be added to the simulation as part of the upcoming V1.1 update that brings both this new track, the 2019 Blancpain GT Series liveries and six new car models to the simulation.

Circuit Zandvoort has enjoyed a busy year in the motorsport news cycle this year, having recently inked a contract that will see the venue return to Formula One racing for the first time in three decades from 2020, however before the Grand Prix circus hits the seaside town it would be fair to say the current headline event for the track is the Blancpain GT Series... which will soon be represented in Assetto Corsa Competizione as part of the upcoming new game build.

Already we've seen preview images from the Porsche 911 GT3-R, AMR V8 Vantage and Audi R8 LMS updated cars, and now we get a look at the Zandvoort Circuit venue - the first new track to be added to the title since Assetto Corsa Competizione moved out of Early Access earlier this year.

Circuit Zandvoort and the new 2019 season update cars will be released to the simulation as a free DLC in the very near future...

Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 241736

This is the most boring track to watch and probably to race. Ive seen all the GT3 races there the last couple years and didn‘t follow the sunday races. Holy sh**** Kunos you are hyped by Verstappen - :sick: Guess KS has to release it by SRO and F1 order.

I also appreciate Kunos they are a great team and ACC at night is beyond incredible, like a movie!
It’s the day races I can only run so far before my eyes strain. I’m running a 2060 super with reshademe which helps a lot but still can’t quite get that clarity I enjoy with other sims.
This the #1 reason I have not fell in love with ACC. I just can't get it to look right. Even FOV is always strange for me. I'm sure with more tweaking I can improve it, but I'm kind of tired of messing with it.

This is the most boring track to watch and probably to race. Ive seen all the GT3 races there the last couple years and didn‘t follow the sunday races. Holy sh**** Kunos you are hyped by Verstappen - :sick: Guess KS has to release it by SRO and F1 order.
It's extremely fun to Play in iRacing, even though there really isn't any serious chance to overtake in anything larger than a TCR car, I agree on that.
That said, I have no clue how Verstappen comes into this? Kunos are bound by contract to recreate the 2019 version since it was used in the 2019 season, I guess, I cannot believe they had a say in which tracks SRO picked and neither are they in any way related to F1, as far as I know.

Zandvoort looks fantastic.Also Kudos for Kunos for gives us free content !
A bit off topic,kunos still need to invest more time in graphics optimization. Or we're only gonna get good FPS full grid with high settings in year 202x...next gen graphics cards, not even talking on the blurriness.
If people don't play it because of bad performance, what's the interesse of new content ?

The whole point of using UE4 was kind of to have an industry standard engine and not having to do (as much) in-house graphics optimizations (and I reckon it's unlikely it could be optimized much more, Unreal has probably had hundreds of developers building and optimizing their engine already).

The blurriness is AFAIK from UE4 using deferred rendering, which means only blurry AA solutions are available, unlike in most other sims that haven't yet transitioned to this form of rendering. Either way, you shouldn't expect some magic from Kunos here as both the blurriness and performance comes from UE4.

Oh my freaking god! Freaking finally! Been waiting for this for the last one and a half years! I am going to withhold judgment until I try it myself though. Zandvoort is truly an amazing circuit, perhaps not your average modern track but is extremely fun with 'slower' classes, imho. I am thrilled.

"this new track, the 2019 Blancpain GT Series liveries and six new car models"
Which is all good, as is the upcoming triple monitor support.

Yet, what keeps being avoided is ANY updates or information if the once demonstrated/announced RTX features are still planned or now scrapped. Unreal Engine has supposedly been updated earlier in the year to support it, yet in over a year nothing new to my knowledge has been shown or confirmed.

It amazes me at times how poorly this studio handles some things, I didnt yet buy into RTX but I would be really peeved if I had spent over £1000 on a GPU to enjoy this sim title as the first racing title that was listed/promoted to use such features.

Last edited:
"this new track, the 2019 Blancpain GT Series liveries and six new car models"
Which is all good, as is the upcoming triple monitor support.

Yet, what keeps being avoided is ANY updates or information if the once demonstrated/announced RTX features are still planned or now scrapped. Unreal Engine has supposedly been updated earlier in the year to support it, yet in over a year nothing new to my knowledge has been shown or confirmed.

It amazes me at times how poorly this studio handles some things, I didnt yet buy into RTX but I would be really peeved if I had spent over £1000 on a GPU to enjoy this sim title as the first racing title that was meant to use such features.
why the hell do you want raytracing stuff? to run half the frame per second and not be able to race properly?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back