Assetto Corsa Competizione: Zandvoort Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 4.jpg

Circuit Zandvoort previews for Assetto Corsa Competizione are here!

Kunos Simulazioni have released some impressive preview images from the Zandvoort track, soon to be added to the simulation as part of the upcoming V1.1 update that brings both this new track, the 2019 Blancpain GT Series liveries and six new car models to the simulation.

Circuit Zandvoort has enjoyed a busy year in the motorsport news cycle this year, having recently inked a contract that will see the venue return to Formula One racing for the first time in three decades from 2020, however before the Grand Prix circus hits the seaside town it would be fair to say the current headline event for the track is the Blancpain GT Series... which will soon be represented in Assetto Corsa Competizione as part of the upcoming new game build.

Already we've seen preview images from the Porsche 911 GT3-R, AMR V8 Vantage and Audi R8 LMS updated cars, and now we get a look at the Zandvoort Circuit venue - the first new track to be added to the title since Assetto Corsa Competizione moved out of Early Access earlier this year.

Circuit Zandvoort and the new 2019 season update cars will be released to the simulation as a free DLC in the very near future...

Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 1.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Zandvoort Preview 3.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
vlcsnap-2019-10-23-21h38m40s405.jpg

I just played 10 minute race at Zandvoort, at 6:00AM. Looks beautiful, new 911 sound is excellent, AI behaves and I got sweaty back while being last wagon of tight 3 car train for 3 or 4 laps.

This update is second to last nail in rF2's coffin. Last will be the DLC with those new tracks. And of course some minor details still are missing.

Just played a couple of 30min races on Zandvort with different cars. NSX and 720GT3 are really nice to drive, I like them. Unfortunately not really fast in my hands. Much better is the Aston, which is as fast as the AMG (for me).
Still not loving the Porsche and the Audi, too twitchy for me.

But man, did I enjoy Zandvoort. Has been a while since I last raced on Zandvoort in R3E. Immediately I had the apexes dialed in again and did consitent times. But it is really difficult to overtake, as expected. When I got to the back of the pack it was really hard to gain back those places.

But, boy, had I good battles with the AI.
Really, what a blast! Still grinning from ear to ear. :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 273 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing