Assetto Corsa Competizione | (Yet Another) New Hotfix Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni remain busy bees back at base with yet another new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione - available now on PC.
  • Hotfix 1.6.3 available.
  • AI Improvements.
  • Graphical tweaks.
Yes, if you fancy yourself some Assetto Corsa Competizione action over the last day or two you'll have needed to download yet another hotfix for the official GT World Challenge simulation as the ever busy team over at Kunos Simulazioni have deployed another new build over the last couple of days.

Again aimed at addressing a few outstanding issues within the title, plus some further AI tweaks and changes, the new build is available on Steam now.

ACC Hotfix Middle.jpg

Update Notes:

Graphics:

• Fixed excessive exhaust flame probability of the Porsche Cup car.
  • Fixed proximity-based auto-hiding of netcars in the pitlane in all sessions and car visibility settings.
Gameplay:
  • AI: increased AI qualifying pace in traffic scenarios.
  • AI: improved ability to attack lapped cars.
  • AI: reinstated and improved logic to facilitate lapping.
  • AI: better ability to recover from spins that don’t fully block movement.
  • Fixed player-filtered highlights focus.
UI:
  • Fixed savegame mixed content detection.

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Hotfix Footer.jpg

Last edited:
i wish they could also change the AI how they act in pits also. Just raced a bit, and main issues was that the AI is stupidly faster than you when entering the pits. The ghost thing is like... aarrgghh, you drive from cockpit and other car is blocking your visibility. Then they still have that teleport thing when entering their garage spot. They are also faster than you under the speed limiter.. Pits needs quite an overhaul. Otherwise AI is now quite good, like it was in the early days, very competitive etc. But they dont make much mistakes still.

Last edited:

BP

Premium
  • Fixed proximity-based auto-hiding of netcars in the pitlane in all sessions and car visibility settings.

I'm wondering if this is related to the issue I had in a race 2 weeks ago at Barcelona: after starting from the pits due to a glitch (didn't get the drive button), I joined around lap 2 and right after the first chicane I got hit by a car rejoining from the runoff. Both of us were invisible to each other from cockpit and chase cams but the TV cameras could see us. Was a very weird bug.

i wish they could also change the AI how they act in pits also. Just raced a bit, and main issues was that the AI is stupidly faster than you when entering the pits. The ghost thing is like... aarrgghh, you drive from cockpit and other car is blocking your visibility. Then they still have that teleport thing when entering their garage spot. They are also faster than you under the speed limiter.. Pits needs quite an overhaul. Otherwise AI is now quite good, like it was in the early days, very competitive etc. But they dont make much mistakes still.

Even when what you're saying is true (the garage teleport and AI being slightly faster under speed limiter) they spend more time stationary during the pitstop so the player can actually gain about 1 second from pit entry to pit exit if doing manual engine start/stop. With automatic engine start/stop you lose about 2-3 seconds so doing it manually is the way to go.
More often than not I gain 1-2 places rather than lose places.

It seems to me that the AI is still slower at Imola compared to other tracks on the same AI level. Prior to 1.6.0 I usually ran ACC on AI 95 / Aggr 100 and qualified Top10 and often gained a few positions in the race. At Imola I qualify easily on pole with about 1 sec lead on AI 100 / Aggr 100 and also in the race my best lap is at least > 0.7s faster than the best AI, which makes it not very fun. I haven't played a lot on other tracks since 1.6., but did a quick race on Nurburgring and the AI seemed to be more competitive there (or i was not that well trained...). Anybody had similar experiences?

Even when what you're saying is true (the garage teleport and AI being slightly faster under speed limiter) they spend more time stationary during the pitstop so the player can actually gain about 1 second from pit entry to pit exit if doing manual engine start/stop. With automatic engine start/stop you lose about 2-3 seconds so doing it manually is the way to go.
More often than not I gain 1-2 places rather than lose places.
I know what you are saying. but still it looks very stupid when they teleport. And that they are faster than you under the limiter, well... I dont like it, if i am entering pits and they go thru me, or they catch me and drive "inside" my car, or... i leave from the pits like example in Spa, ai comes just behind slowly catching me, and then i start to see him bit by bit inside my car and i need to change my wiev to actually see something. And no, just drive side by side isnt the answer etc. I can be equally faster with ai in the pits, rarely even a bit faster! But still these issues are there. The pitting thingy feels like a totally another world when comparing your time on the track, you kinda like dont even want to go there, and again.. Drive without pitting isnt the answer, it belongs there. But it needs a work... AND A LOT!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000