Assetto Corsa Competizione | (Yet Another) New Hotfix Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni remain busy bees back at base with yet another new hotfix update for Assetto Corsa Competizione - available now on PC.
  • Hotfix 1.6.3 available.
  • AI Improvements.
  • Graphical tweaks.
Yes, if you fancy yourself some Assetto Corsa Competizione action over the last day or two you'll have needed to download yet another hotfix for the official GT World Challenge simulation as the ever busy team over at Kunos Simulazioni have deployed another new build over the last couple of days.

Again aimed at addressing a few outstanding issues within the title, plus some further AI tweaks and changes, the new build is available on Steam now.

ACC Hotfix Middle.jpg

Update Notes:

Graphics:

• Fixed excessive exhaust flame probability of the Porsche Cup car.
  • Fixed proximity-based auto-hiding of netcars in the pitlane in all sessions and car visibility settings.
Gameplay:
  • AI: increased AI qualifying pace in traffic scenarios.
  • AI: improved ability to attack lapped cars.
  • AI: reinstated and improved logic to facilitate lapping.
  • AI: better ability to recover from spins that don’t fully block movement.
  • Fixed player-filtered highlights focus.
UI:
  • Fixed savegame mixed content detection.

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Hotfix Footer.jpg

Last edited:
also not a very good idea to rely on the replay slow-mo.
Replay does not record at slow-mo rate so all the frames in the middle are just "made up" by using interpolation.
As suggested the analysis should be made using Motec that hopefully runs frequencies high enough to be more reliable (don't really remember the frequencies or even if channels like tyre load are available there in non-dev builds).

The most likely cause is the car hitting the road with the bottom and receiving a reaction impulse that is a bit too high.. in that case it is what it is.. with such low ride heights and update frequencies and velocities it can happen... it has literally nothing to do with tyre models or the old versions of the curb problems we had.

Last edited:
also not a very good idea to rely on the replay slow-mo.
Replay does not record at slow-mo rate so all the frames in the middle are just "made up" by using interpolation.
As suggested the analysis should be made using Motec that hopefully runs frequencies high enough to be more reliable (don't really remember the frequencies or even if channels like tyre load are available there in non-dev builds).

The most likely cause is the car hitting the road with the bottom and receiving a reaction impulse that is a bit too high.. in that case it is what it is.. with such low ride heights and update frequencies and velocities it can happen... it has literally nothing to do with tyre models or the old versions of the curb problems we had.
I don't think it's a tyre or kerb problem. I linked another video on the other thread, for me it's a damper/spring problem. I used the slow motion just to show it more easily. The way the car is launched into the air after hitting a kerb with only ONE tyre is pure non sense, same line was used multiple times, happens only sometimes.

The way the car is launched into the air after hitting a kerb with only ONE tyre

I know I'll regret this but...

The car is launched due to the ground collision, none of the suspension parts or tyres is playing a part. If you experience this, your ride height is set too low. The ground collider is a box that ends right in front of the front wheels so it might seem that it's a wheel reaction, but it isn't.
It's just an inadequate setup (or failure to know the setup/car's limit). Even the mid-engined cars can be set up to negotiate sausage kerbs quite well around Imola without too much of a compromise.

The video with the Mclaren jumping on a seemingly straight line is due to collisions as well, in MP you can get car-to-car collisions with inaccurate direction due to the inaccuracy of the prediction owing to netcode or dodgy connection, and in that specific case it launched the car downwards, hit the ground collider and it jumped back up on rebound, **** happens.

Last edited:
I know I'll regret this but...

The car is launched due to the ground collision, none of the suspension parts or tyres is playing a part. If you experience this, your ride height is set too low. The ground collider is a box that ends right in front of the front wheels so it might seem that it's a wheel reaction, but it isn't.
It's just an inadequate setup (or failure to know the setup/car's limit). Even the mid-engined cars can be set up to negotiate sausage kerbs quite well around Imola without too much of a compromise.

The video with the Mclaren jumping on a seemingly straight line is due to collisions as well, in MP you can get car-to-car collisions with inaccurate direction due to the inaccuracy of the prediction owing to netcode or dodgy connection, and in that specific case it launched the car downwards, hit the ground collider and it jumped back up on rebound, **** happens.
Then I guess the problem is the ground collider lifting the entire front of the car instead of just the side hitting the kerb. The setup used was the default aggressive.

Now that explains why sometimes sausage kerbs in ACC feels like hitting a rock, completely lifting the car.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 393 40.1%