Assetto Corsa Competizione Wish List

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ok folks so we know what it is, we know when it's coming and we know it has the Blancpain GT Series licence. But what else do you want to see in the title? Let us know your wish list requests in the comments section below..

SIM RACING IS AWESOME!

Dirt 4 is the "The official game of the FIA World Rallycross Championship", does not mean it can't have other types of cars can it?
But Dirt 4 hasnt got classes which are far off from the main content... As I said, I could imagine that they would add the GT1 cars and GT4 cars but not LMP1, DPi or f.e. DTM cars. That just wouldnt make any sense at all to me

But Dirt 4 hasnt got classes which are far off from the main content... As I said, I could imagine that they would add the GT1 cars and GT4 cars but not LMP1, DPi or f.e. DTM cars. That just wouldnt make any sense at all to me
RaceRoom has the offical licence for DTM, WTCC and GT Masters. I think i could be possible that they add a diffrent class but it wouldnt happen.

Don´t wanna bitch around... but those "more than GT3" wishes are useless as it´s the "Official Blancpain Game" ;) Could only imagine that they would maybe add the old GT1´s or GT4´s as those are also running under Blancpains name

We know nothing about the exclusivity of this license. And it can be anything, it has nothing to do with any IP laws, the parties can heckle out whatever they want.

A license to use a high-standing name such as "the official <foobar>" is nice to have, but doesn't tell us outsiders anything either. Even if it would imply exclusivity, which it does not, we would still know nothing about the contracts behind it.

What main content? Rally cars, rallycross cars, buggies and stadium trucks are vastly different from each other, so not really sure what your point is. Rally cars don't even drive on rallycross circuits, so surely they are more apart than circuit racing cars that use the same circuits.

Its a difference whether a game has the licenses or is the official game for a racing series. Guess what, Codemasters F1 titles also do not include GT3 or LMP1 :)
Guess what, Codemasters WRX titles do have non-WRX cars, despite being the official game for a racing series. Why do you keep repeating this when I just proved the argument holds no water?

Last edited:
We know nothing about the exclusivity of this license. And it can be anything, it has nothing to do with any IP laws, the parties can heckle out whatever they want.

A license to use a high-standing name such as "the official <foobar>" is nice to have, but doesn't tell us outsiders anything either. Even if it would imply exclusivity, which it does not, we would still know nothing about the contracts behind it.

D614KfG.png

As a picture says a thousand words, this is what I would like to experience in ACC. If GTR2 could do it as the official FIA GT racing game 10 years ago with a simple "save race, load saved race" feature, ACC should be able to give us this experience as well:

58SiY8UJ.jpg

The finish of my full cycle Spa 24 hours 2003 event, 36 finishers out of 54, 614 laps completed after 24h. P1 in the #23 F550 with a 4 lap lead after 24 hours. Took me about 2 and a half week of actual playing time.

This is a game made in 2006ish, surely a 2018 game that is officially licensed to hold a 24h event can do this as well no?

As a picture says a thousand words, this is what I would like to experience in ACC. If GTR2 could do it as the official FIA GT racing game 10 years ago with a simple "save race, load saved race" feature, ACC should be able to give us this experience as well:

58SiY8UJ.jpg

The finish of my full cycle Spa 24 hours 2003 event, 36 finishers out of 54, 614 laps completed after 24h. P1 in the #23 F550 with a 4 lap lead after 24 hours. Took me about 2 and a half week of actual playing time.

This is a game made in 2006ish, surely a 2018 game that is officially licensed to hold a 24h event can do this as well no?
It isn’t “can” but “want”.

Good morning, RaceDep's Officionados & Kunos/AC dev Team !

I hope that ACC will be THE race/driving/endurance simulation, we all are waiting for it.
If it will be possible to play long races (Endurance), ( "real" 24h du mans,
24h Nordschleife... ) I would like to find in the game :
- 1= A dynamic weather, eventually with rain and good dry weather in the same race, (and of course daylight /sunset/night/ sunrise).
- 2 = The possibility of registering (recording) the running (race), whenever or during a pitstop, and/or automatically every hour or halfs an hour. ( And to be able to resume it of course since these points of recording !! ).
= Like Koen Verlinde say : the "save race, load saved race" feature

These 2 points seem to me to be particularly essential
to be able to make of ACC THE reference of the simulations of endurance.
With - so very important - at least the same level of feeling of driving as AC, especially no regression towards the ease of piloting!
Many of the other ideas of my colleagues seem relevant, and to study.
I hope that ACC will not be too too expensive, and that its price will be justified by its very high quality level.
All, we wait for it, but I believe we shall prefer to wait just a little bit more than to have to add X patches to fix many bugs.
A French racing driver,
A tous très cordialement,
OldSpeedJc
(ps : sorry for my bad english, and thanks to "Reverso" !) :whistling:

PS 2 : I forgot that: it would be good a tour of stoking + mobile start, as in the real race.

Last edited:
- Positional surround sound. If I have rear speakers, use them (see R3E)

- Color coding opposition in the track map. They are all black dots in AC. (see Pcars2)

- Build proper FF profiles for each car for the most popular wheels. Make them feel how the devs intend the cars to feel. Tired of tweaking everything all the time. A Car is equal to everybody, there isn't such thing as leaving the FF settings to the "driver preference.". Am i supposed to feel that kerb or not?

- Give me Pitch and Yaw axis control in the camera settings in VR

- Lock VR view position until I specifically click a button to re-calibrate. Everytime a new sessions starts my view shifts from where my real hands/wheel is.

- Tyre app that shows load in outer/middle/inner sections (see LFS)

- Its OK to simulate oil and other loss of grip factors, but please enhance the visual cues.

- The 2D VR desktop screen rendering resolution currently affects the VR performance. Lowering it to 720P makes wonders to performance, but also affects the GUI size in the VR image, making every widget huge and even clipping parts of them. Allow us to fully disable the desktop rendering and find another way to render the GUI on top of the VR image.

- Other cars should really feel like they belong there. Make them spew to your PoV the track rubber, odd rocks, engine oil/water etc. Machines like those feel scary in real life, but feel like copy/pasted paperboards in AC.

- Live-streaming. Go watch any Racedepartment live streaming from AC on twitch and you will instantly see 10 things that need improvement. Make an API that connects to the server and allows the operator PoV to chose what he wants to see. Drivers, track cameras etc (see R3E).

Really hope they can seriously improve the in-game info this time round. It was awfully inconsistent in terms of design (even built-in apps didn't have a consistent font or style) and functionality in AC.

Things like the F9 in-game leaderboard only being updated once a lap, and the 'realtime' app having horrendous issues with the way time gaps to cars ahead/behind were displayed. Most broadcasting of motorsports follows pretty consistent conventions for this stuff, so it's not like there isn't plenty of reference for how to do it well.

Furthermore, endurance racing demands even more in this respect. Unless we have pit-to-driver comms, then it's essential that the player has a good overview of the 'state' of the race in terms of opponent's pitstops etc.

Appreciate that it's a challenge to do this without overwhelming the user, lets hope the new UI guy is up to it.

1. The seasons of the year, just like in Project Cars 2. So if you drive/test in january or lets say in february, the lightning and track conditions gonna match the season.

2. Custom championship editor: Please Kunos, give us a championship editor, where we can make our own GT3 championship, with its own calendar structure, dates of the races, times of training, qualifyings, warm ups and races.

3. Replicate the pre-season preperations of a team, as close to real life in all aspects like testing of new tyre compounds, private tests and rollouts and also the official Blancpain Tests at Paul Ricard HTTT. In addition to that it would be cool to have some teampresentations, sponsor signing contracts etcetera.

4. Give us a writing pad ingame, where we can write down some informations for lets say changes in the car setup, driverchanges, racestrategy, or even small storys/news of your team.

5. Timetables & pre-race/pre season information: Lets say you have a race on sunday. How the road ahead is gonna look till the race ? This could be media appearances, driverbriefings, teammeetings, autographsignings, when you have to be by your team in the paddock, when the track and paddock have their opening times, and on and on. What i also would love to see is, that the organzier of the season (SRO) gives the team pre-race and pre season informations like, official timetables, entry lists, requirements to entry your car in the season, technical changes in the rules, tyresupplyers and so on. All this little details, that hides behind the curtains in the eyes of a normal fan and didn`t showed to you by a race i want to see somehow in the game. It gives you the feeling, to really be IN the championship or in a particular team.

6. Please, Kunos, try to higher the numbers of cars at the tracks at least to 40 - 45 cars. It dont must be done at the release date, but it would be great to see it later.

7. Please, please, please give us this old but very great GTR2 feeling back. :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back