Assetto Corsa Competizione | Version 1.3.11 Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has received the hotfix treatment today - with build 1.3.11 having dropped on Steam earlier this evening.

New build time! Ok, so it isn't the v1.4 we are all waiting for, but Kunos have nevertheless done a good job with this latest hotfix update posting for Assetto Corsa Competizione - adding a number of useful and important fixes and improvements to the official SRO GT World Challenge Series racing simulation.

Highlights of the latest build include some fine tuning to the behaviour of both wet tyres and tyre tearing model, amongst an array of different tweaks and improvements that can be seen below:

V1.3.11 Hotfix Update Notes:
  • Fixed a potential crash when using trackIR with helmet camera.
  • Added ignition/engine running indicator to speedo/rpm widget.
  • MFD will now only store its state when HUD is removed from screen (potential fix for stutter when cycling MFD pages after HDD power down)
  • Fixed currently viewed car label indicating wrong car brand in replay under specific conditions.
  • Fixed nationality information not transferring correctly for MP opponents in the broadcast HUD.
  • Broadcast HUD TAB leaderboard now scrolls on mouse input.
  • Fixed MP car showroom not displaying cars when official filter was selected under specific conditions.
  • Tyre tearing model fine tuning.
  • Audi R8 EVO preset setups strategies fixes.
  • Huracan EVO fine tuning.
  • Huracan ST Paul Ricard aggressive setup.
  • Huracan ST preheated tyres fix.
  • Wet tyres rear radius correction.
  • Minor rearrangement of the lights and ignition indicators.
  • Fixed the flash light HUD indicator getting stuck in the Mercedes.

Original Source: Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, with console release to follow in the coming months.

Got questions that need answers relating to ACC? Start a thread in the ACC sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let our epic community help you out!

ACC Hotfix Update.jpg

Last edited:
ran a race on brands after this update.......got some massive stutters then a blue screen :O_o:

Just a note to say that ran races on other circuits after this and it didnt have the same issue. I dont understand how this game is so CPU heavy still when a lot of other UE4 games i own dont have the same issue. Will be interesting to see how they get it to run on xbox one and ps4 when its launched.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

AI is multithreaded, rendering was not in AC, is it the same bottleneck in ACC?
Not fully up to speed on that, anybody knows?

AI is multithreaded, rendering was not in AC, is it the same bottleneck in ACC?
Not fully up to speed on that, anybody knows?
I can't tell you what the threads are for, but I can certainly tell you that ACC's performance is limited by one or two maxed or almost maxed out threads. I would assume one of them is the main game thread, the other one probably either rendering or physics.

So the game is still very heavily dependent on single-threaded performance like the original AC did (and like most of the other sims - and games in general) do, despite supposedly being a lot better multithreaded than the first one.

There are more threads running that require some CPU power worth mentioning, but they are not close to being limited by the CPU, unlike those two threads. Which is why you don't really need a lot of cores/threads for good ACC performance, you need raw single-threaded power.

(And I can also tell you that by forcing the game to run in an unofficial unsupported way, you can get performance improvements of 20-25% without any real visible loss of fidelity. According to the devs, said performance improvements are due to the game not using all shaders and graphics effects when ran like that, but sadly, they didn't elaborate, and again, visibly there's barely any difference.)

I can't tell you what the threads are for, but I can certainly tell you that ACC's performance is limited by one or two maxed or almost maxed out threads. I would assume one of them is the main game thread, the other one probably either rendering or physics.

So the game is still very heavily dependent on single-threaded performance like the original AC did (and like most of the other sims - and games in general) do, despite supposedly being a lot better multithreaded than the first one.

There are more threads running that require some CPU power worth mentioning, but they are not close to being limited by the CPU, unlike those two threads. Which is why you don't really need a lot of cores/threads for good ACC performance, you need raw single-threaded power.

(And I can also tell you that by forcing the game to run in an unofficial unsupported way, you can get performance improvements of 20-25% without any real visible loss of fidelity. According to the devs, said performance improvements are due to the game not using all shaders and graphics effects when ran like that, but sadly, they didn't elaborate, and again, visibly there's barely any difference.)

Could you elaborate on the unnoficial way of running ? hope its not those settings you put on engine.ini since that just turns off alot of stuff..

Could you elaborate on the unnoficial way of running ? hope its not those settings you put on engine.ini since that just turns off alot of stuff..

You can force ACC to use dx12, dashboard and I assume other stuff do not work. Was hoping that would help, but when tried it performance was 10% less in my setup. Running triples 1440p and SLI with Pascal (1080TI) cards but only Turing (20xx) is supported. So of now it do not work for me at all, dx11 or dx12.

You can force ACC to use dx12, dashboard and I assume other stuff do not work. Was hoping that would help, but when tried it performance was 10% less in my setup. Running triples 1440p and SLI with Pascal (1080TI) cards but only Turing (20xx) is supported. So of now it do not work for me at all, dx11 or dx12.
Hi all. How can i force ACC to use dx12?

I honestly think this is one of the most poorly optimised games I own of any genre, not just sim racing.
I run triples or VR and it’s just a no-go for me with my system, so I’ve just given up.
It also seems to be one of those games where reducing settings makes for a horrible and ugly experience without a massive FPS gain. Luckily I mainly play Iracing, and AMS2 runs like a dream in VR so no need for an upgrade just yet.
I also find modern GT3 boring in sims so I’m not too bothered but if this game had been AC2 I would be gutted or reaching for the credit card for a new pc, lol.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 61 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 125 13.7%