Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Its here!

We are racing at Silverstone this June 2nd - find out the details HERE.

Ok, I don't really need to say anything else as I've got nothing new to add that you don't already know. Basically this is just somewhere for you all to put your comments, so I'll shut up and let you comment away!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Launch FAQ

ACC V1 Released.jpg

Q: What is Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame. Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game allows to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.
Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes. To know more about the Blancpain GT Series, please visit https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/

Q: When does Assetto Corsa Competizione launch out of Early Access?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 is available on May 29, 2019, featuring the 2018 Blancpain GT Series. Our development team will continue to support the game in order to include also the full roaster, cars and tracks of the 2019 Season with a FREE additional content coming after Summer 2019.

Q: Which controllers and steering wheels is Assetto Corsa Competizione compatible with?
A: See below a list of supported wheels and devices. In summary, any controller recognised by Windows DirectInput can be used with Assetto Corsa Competizione. If your device is not listed below, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is not compatible with ACC, but it might not be fully supported.

FANATEC
  • Podium Wheel Base DD1, DD2
  • ClubSport Pedals V1, V2, V3
  • ClubSport Shifter (SQ) via Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter (AO)
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2, Formula, Porsche 918 RSR, Universal Hub for Xbox One ClubSport Wheel Base v1, v2, v2.5
  • CSL Elite Pedals
  • CSL Elite Racing Wheel
  • CSL Elite Wheel Base
  • CSL Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
  • CSL Steering Wheel P1
  • CSL Steering Wheel
  • LOGITECH
  • G25 Racing Wheel
  • G27 Racing Wheel
  • G29 Racing Wheel
  • G920 Racing Wheel
MICROSOFT
  • Official Xbox 360 Wired Pad
  • Official Xbox 360 Wireless Pad
  • Official Xbox One Wireless Pad
  • THRUSTMASTER
  • 599XX EVO 30
  • Sparco® P310
  • F1
  • Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition
  • Ferrari GTE
  • Leather 28 GT
  • T300 RS GT Edition
  • Sparco® R383
  • T3PA Pro pedals
  • T80
  • T150
  • T300 RS
  • T500 RS
  • T500 RS F1 Advanced mode
  • T-GT
  • TH8 RS Shifter
  • TMX Force Feedback
  • TS-PC Racer
  • TS-XW Racer
  • TX
SIMXPERIENCE
  • AccuForce Pro v1,v2
GRANITE DEVICES*
  • SimucCUBE 2 Sport
  • SimuCUBE 2 Pro
  • SimuCUBE 2 Ultimate
*ARGON, IONI and SimuCUBE-based OpenSimWheel systems are also supported

Q: Can I use mouse and keyboard?
A: You can use the mouse to control the user interface and the keyboard for user interface and car control.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have VR support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers support for Oculus Rift (dedicated plug-in) and HTC Vive (Steam VR). Other devices might be compatible but are not officially supported.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione support 4K natively?
A: Yes, and any screen resolution recognized by your OS can be set in game.

Q: Will there ever be a physical edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione available on PC?
A: We have put our full effort towards the digital version of Assetto Corsa Competizione; we may consider a retail version in the future, but it’s not planned yet.

Q: Will Assetto Corsa Competizione ever come to console?
A: We are putting all our efforts into the PC Steam version; a console version is surely under evaluation, but it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.

Q: When can players expect the free 2019 update?
A: Our production team is already working on it and the release has been scheduled after Summer 2019.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione offer triple monitor support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione runs on triple screen setups as a single render scene, that is split over three displays. The game features a special projection correction that reduces the lateral distortion that might affect ultrawide screens and triple monitor setups. (It's called Pannini Projection in honor of the ITALIAN painter who invented it in the 18th century - because Italians do it better). This feature can be set in-game in the "view settings" option. We appreciate that some users are requesting three separate renderings in order to tune bezel values and screen angles. Currently, Unreal Engine 4 doesn't support this feature. We'll continue to investigate to see if in future the triple-separate rendering will be supported in a feasible way.

Q: Will I ever be able to mod Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Being developed with UE4, Assetto Corsa Competizione processes data and assets through a completely different structure and file format than the previous Assetto Corsa. Therefore, the game will not be compatible with mod contents created for Assetto Corsa.

Q: Which tracks are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: A list of all the official circuits included in the Blancpain GT Series calendar are available at this URL: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar. This also includes also Zolder as part of the 2018 Season.

Q: Which cars are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 includes 51 teams, 280 selectable drivers, 14 Manufacturers and the following car models:
  • Porsche 911 (991) GT3 R
  • Porsche 911 (991II) GT3 Cup
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo (2015 Model Year)
  • McLaren 650S GT3
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
  • Reiter Engineering R-EX GT3
  • Emil Frey Jaguar G3
  • Lexus RC F GT3
  • Honda/Acura NSX GT3
Q: How does multiplayer work in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers three types of Multiplayer action:
In the Public Multiplayer, you can join servers run by the community or official Kunos servers. They offer a vast amount of combinations regarding tracks, conditions and race events similar to the Assetto Corsa 1 universe.

To quickly find servers that suit your preferences and skills, you can either use the Quick Join functionality, or select one of the best matches in the highly personalized server list. To improve your experience, you can edit your preferences, so the suggestions may offer you more night or rain races; or add weight to latency or specific tracks.

While the Public Multiplayer will run casual and quick paced races, advanced users may want to use the Competition Servers. They are offer a competitive experience with very serious settings and hour-long races. The corresponding Competition Rating will track your progress and define the Splits in which you can compete on those servers. The requirements are high, so make sure you get an overview about the Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page.

The third section is the support of private leagues. They run their own race organization and series, which for example allows the use of Driver Swaps and adjusted rules. Additionally, we are looking into possibilities to allow leagues to run more than the 30 cars, and offer them the data output and Race Direction tools they need.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have anything in place to ensure clean racing online?
A: The most important part in the comprehensive Rating system is the "Safety Rating (SA)" component. Once unlocked, it will track the virtual Trust and Incidents both in Multiplayer and AI races. Public Servers are set up with different SA requirements, offering different levels of protected racing. Additionally, the Competition Servers run very high SA requirements. To enjoy clean racing in Multiplayer, make sure to keep an eye on your Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page and maximize your Safety Rating.

Q: How many players does Assetto Corsa Competizione support?
A: Players can compete against other 30 opponents in single and multiplayer.

Q: What are the minimum system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: What are the recommended system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione take advantage of NVIDIA RTX?
A: Currently, Assetto Corsa Competizione does not support ray tracing yet. We continue to work closely with Epic Games and NVIDIA on integration of new technologies to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Q: What resolutions and FPS will Assetto Corsa Competizione run at?
A: Resolution and number of frames depend by your hardware requirements. Assetto Corsa Competizione can match the same resolution recognized by your Operative system, and you can decide to cap the number of visible frames per second. We haven't set any limit on this.

Q: Where can I find support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Where can I submit bugs?
A: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum
Please use the proper forum sections and in case of bug submission, zip and attach the whole "Logs" folder located in your "C:\users*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved" folder (the "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties). In case of crash report, please always zip and attach the whole "Crashes" folder located in the same directory.

Q: What rating has Assetto Corsa Competizione been given?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione content is expected to be Assetto Corsa Competizione is accessible to all ages; for instance, the North American ESRB rating is “E” (standing for “Everyone”).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is out now!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Congrats to Kunos.....

So first experience for me was Porsche at Brands....

Immediately I am checking out the audio and tactile (zzzzzzzzz) :cautious:

Thank you to the audio guy and for bringing proper stereo interaction from the tyres on curbs. We now also have oscillating tyre feedback from steering input...

Car sounds are sweet and feel great too.
I'm sure performance issues for some will be sorted. Not played enough yet to warrant any major gripes.

Last edited:
Tried it out briefly, but in VR image quality is worse than before, looks like AA not working and also some strange shimmering on head movement which wasn't there before. Hopefully they'll fix it soon, too distracting for me to enjoy it.

Just few laps/races with different cars and tracks, it feel and sounds very very good. With my config it runs very good at 4k(i9 9900k and 1080ti) almost everything on epic. But that anti alias is terrible, version 0.7.2 was much much better, probably in order to improve performance for everyone they have reduced the anti alias a bit(talking about EPIC temporal).

Are you on a single screen, Paul? Dang this thing never improves... Still not having any piece of mind joining any races with slideshow FPS...

Single screen ultra wide monitor here. Ran at Silverstone in the NSX with full field from about P16 on the grid, ran about 60 - 70fps iirc. That's with an i9 and GTX 980ti. Lots of high or ultra settings. Could be the CPU bottleneck in your machine maybe?

Will hopefully do a vid tonight, but still got to pack and prep for flying out to Paul Ricard tomorrow for the SRO series, so time it is a short!

I belong to those unlucky VR players who saw the good VR performance in 0.7.2 taking a vertical crashdive into the unplayble with 1.0 - before: smooth, fast, steady frames, now: extreme stuttering, double contours, and by any means unplayable and nausea-provoking, all that with same graphics settings like with 0.7.2. The release today for me was a complete dud. I have not driven a single second but made sure to quickly evacuate from the cockpit. Now hoping and waiting for a hotfix.

Instead, I drove the Skippy around Panama in AC1 this evening. I did not expect that I would do that. But a wonderful combo, this car on this track, btw.

Without VR, a racing game does not interest me. Sorry to say so, but the launch was spoiled. I hope that the good record they have build over the years with patching quickly and heavily, will solve this worst case scenario quickly. If they solve this fast, the bad memories of today will fade soon again.

Last edited:
This is what i call the worst 1.0 release ever and VR is just a no-go at this point. They went from 0.7 back to 0.3 from the performance and it runs horrendous. But even without VR most people are very pissed from this release for countless reasons. I had no problems with the pCars 2 release some while ago and it got dissed here for minor issues. I hope those people do the same with this worst release of all times accordingly!

Last edited:
the rating system is not working. All my ratings are stuck on 23 and it say unable to connect.
I had stuck ratings over the past days at times, and always when the sim was not connected. Could be that the server is blocked by too much traffic. Once connected, ratings worked again. Wait and see how it is when the game can connect. Chance is that ratings then will work. Currently, everybody is upon their servers, I think. Traffic probably is nightmarish.

Q: Will I ever be able to mod Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Being developed with UE4, Assetto Corsa Competizione processes data and assets through a completely different structure and file format than the previous Assetto Corsa. Therefore, the game will not be compatible with mod contents created for Assetto Corsa.
this doesn't quite answer the question :)

Rating system now working but I was hoping it would be reset so I could go through the car training exercises again. Seems little point going through a new career if the ratings are carried over from beta. Any way of resetting the driver profile?

Rating system now working but I was hoping it would be reset so I could go through the car training exercises again. Seems little point going through a new career if the ratings are carried over from beta. Any way of resetting the driver profile?
Car training exercises?
You mean where it tells you how you're doing whilst lapping?
I'm pretty sure that is something you can turn on or off from the menu, I'm not in game now but someone should be able to assist here.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back