Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Its here!

We are racing at Silverstone this June 2nd - find out the details HERE.

Ok, I don't really need to say anything else as I've got nothing new to add that you don't already know. Basically this is just somewhere for you all to put your comments, so I'll shut up and let you comment away!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Launch FAQ

ACC V1 Released.jpg

Q: What is Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame. Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game allows to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.
Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes. To know more about the Blancpain GT Series, please visit https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/

Q: When does Assetto Corsa Competizione launch out of Early Access?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 is available on May 29, 2019, featuring the 2018 Blancpain GT Series. Our development team will continue to support the game in order to include also the full roaster, cars and tracks of the 2019 Season with a FREE additional content coming after Summer 2019.

Q: Which controllers and steering wheels is Assetto Corsa Competizione compatible with?
A: See below a list of supported wheels and devices. In summary, any controller recognised by Windows DirectInput can be used with Assetto Corsa Competizione. If your device is not listed below, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is not compatible with ACC, but it might not be fully supported.

FANATEC
  • Podium Wheel Base DD1, DD2
  • ClubSport Pedals V1, V2, V3
  • ClubSport Shifter (SQ) via Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter (AO)
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2, Formula, Porsche 918 RSR, Universal Hub for Xbox One ClubSport Wheel Base v1, v2, v2.5
  • CSL Elite Pedals
  • CSL Elite Racing Wheel
  • CSL Elite Wheel Base
  • CSL Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
  • CSL Steering Wheel P1
  • CSL Steering Wheel
  • LOGITECH
  • G25 Racing Wheel
  • G27 Racing Wheel
  • G29 Racing Wheel
  • G920 Racing Wheel
MICROSOFT
  • Official Xbox 360 Wired Pad
  • Official Xbox 360 Wireless Pad
  • Official Xbox One Wireless Pad
  • THRUSTMASTER
  • 599XX EVO 30
  • Sparco® P310
  • F1
  • Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition
  • Ferrari GTE
  • Leather 28 GT
  • T300 RS GT Edition
  • Sparco® R383
  • T3PA Pro pedals
  • T80
  • T150
  • T300 RS
  • T500 RS
  • T500 RS F1 Advanced mode
  • T-GT
  • TH8 RS Shifter
  • TMX Force Feedback
  • TS-PC Racer
  • TS-XW Racer
  • TX
SIMXPERIENCE
  • AccuForce Pro v1,v2
GRANITE DEVICES*
  • SimucCUBE 2 Sport
  • SimuCUBE 2 Pro
  • SimuCUBE 2 Ultimate
*ARGON, IONI and SimuCUBE-based OpenSimWheel systems are also supported

Q: Can I use mouse and keyboard?
A: You can use the mouse to control the user interface and the keyboard for user interface and car control.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have VR support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers support for Oculus Rift (dedicated plug-in) and HTC Vive (Steam VR). Other devices might be compatible but are not officially supported.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione support 4K natively?
A: Yes, and any screen resolution recognized by your OS can be set in game.

Q: Will there ever be a physical edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione available on PC?
A: We have put our full effort towards the digital version of Assetto Corsa Competizione; we may consider a retail version in the future, but it’s not planned yet.

Q: Will Assetto Corsa Competizione ever come to console?
A: We are putting all our efforts into the PC Steam version; a console version is surely under evaluation, but it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.

Q: When can players expect the free 2019 update?
A: Our production team is already working on it and the release has been scheduled after Summer 2019.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione offer triple monitor support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione runs on triple screen setups as a single render scene, that is split over three displays. The game features a special projection correction that reduces the lateral distortion that might affect ultrawide screens and triple monitor setups. (It's called Pannini Projection in honor of the ITALIAN painter who invented it in the 18th century - because Italians do it better). This feature can be set in-game in the "view settings" option. We appreciate that some users are requesting three separate renderings in order to tune bezel values and screen angles. Currently, Unreal Engine 4 doesn't support this feature. We'll continue to investigate to see if in future the triple-separate rendering will be supported in a feasible way.

Q: Will I ever be able to mod Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Being developed with UE4, Assetto Corsa Competizione processes data and assets through a completely different structure and file format than the previous Assetto Corsa. Therefore, the game will not be compatible with mod contents created for Assetto Corsa.

Q: Which tracks are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: A list of all the official circuits included in the Blancpain GT Series calendar are available at this URL: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar. This also includes also Zolder as part of the 2018 Season.

Q: Which cars are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 includes 51 teams, 280 selectable drivers, 14 Manufacturers and the following car models:
  • Porsche 911 (991) GT3 R
  • Porsche 911 (991II) GT3 Cup
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo (2015 Model Year)
  • McLaren 650S GT3
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
  • Reiter Engineering R-EX GT3
  • Emil Frey Jaguar G3
  • Lexus RC F GT3
  • Honda/Acura NSX GT3
Q: How does multiplayer work in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers three types of Multiplayer action:
In the Public Multiplayer, you can join servers run by the community or official Kunos servers. They offer a vast amount of combinations regarding tracks, conditions and race events similar to the Assetto Corsa 1 universe.

To quickly find servers that suit your preferences and skills, you can either use the Quick Join functionality, or select one of the best matches in the highly personalized server list. To improve your experience, you can edit your preferences, so the suggestions may offer you more night or rain races; or add weight to latency or specific tracks.

While the Public Multiplayer will run casual and quick paced races, advanced users may want to use the Competition Servers. They are offer a competitive experience with very serious settings and hour-long races. The corresponding Competition Rating will track your progress and define the Splits in which you can compete on those servers. The requirements are high, so make sure you get an overview about the Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page.

The third section is the support of private leagues. They run their own race organization and series, which for example allows the use of Driver Swaps and adjusted rules. Additionally, we are looking into possibilities to allow leagues to run more than the 30 cars, and offer them the data output and Race Direction tools they need.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have anything in place to ensure clean racing online?
A: The most important part in the comprehensive Rating system is the "Safety Rating (SA)" component. Once unlocked, it will track the virtual Trust and Incidents both in Multiplayer and AI races. Public Servers are set up with different SA requirements, offering different levels of protected racing. Additionally, the Competition Servers run very high SA requirements. To enjoy clean racing in Multiplayer, make sure to keep an eye on your Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page and maximize your Safety Rating.

Q: How many players does Assetto Corsa Competizione support?
A: Players can compete against other 30 opponents in single and multiplayer.

Q: What are the minimum system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: What are the recommended system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione take advantage of NVIDIA RTX?
A: Currently, Assetto Corsa Competizione does not support ray tracing yet. We continue to work closely with Epic Games and NVIDIA on integration of new technologies to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Q: What resolutions and FPS will Assetto Corsa Competizione run at?
A: Resolution and number of frames depend by your hardware requirements. Assetto Corsa Competizione can match the same resolution recognized by your Operative system, and you can decide to cap the number of visible frames per second. We haven't set any limit on this.

Q: Where can I find support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Where can I submit bugs?
A: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum
Please use the proper forum sections and in case of bug submission, zip and attach the whole "Logs" folder located in your "C:\users*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved" folder (the "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties). In case of crash report, please always zip and attach the whole "Crashes" folder located in the same directory.

Q: What rating has Assetto Corsa Competizione been given?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione content is expected to be Assetto Corsa Competizione is accessible to all ages; for instance, the North American ESRB rating is “E” (standing for “Everyone”).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is out now!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
There is so much to like. Producing a game with a fraction of the tracks and cars in other recent titles must surely have helped Kunos produce top quality models, sounds and in depth physics (even if it still has its quirks). Driving the Audi at Spa was impressive until I glanced at the fps which was quite a bit lower than at other tracks in EA. Then I tried the Porsche at Brands and the game froze. Watching three launch streams they all suffered game crashes too and problems accessing servers. Does make you wonder why we went through EA. And a 10% price reduction on launch seems strange.

Remember when every was like wait for full game release to get better optimization.
Well here we are the same thing.
Performance is still horrible.
Unreal Engine 4 is probably the biggest mistep they ever took.
Without control of all the game from top to bottom they are left to make comprises left to right.
No triple screen support.

The driving part is as detailed it can get, feels amazing to drive. Kerbs are bit harsh seems zero grip.
Shame it runs pretty poor and if you turn down any settings it looks like 2009 game.

Hated those guys "but its EA, just wait" idiots :roflmao:

after one hour in the lexus and porsche.... mwah.. , feels like a porsche but for me the porsche from raceroom experience and Rfactor 2 feels beter on my g25 wait for my dd1
But for now I like the tracks (Brandhatch) is very good!!.. yellow flags.. curbs... nice graphics! Tomorrow test the Amg and R8

First time in MP, pick a setup and go qualify. Show -5:00 to end. During that time there must have been 4-6 cars froze on track, a few 10 feet in the air. One car was in the sand with sand blown all over and in the air, come around the next lap(s) and the same cars frozen in time.

When the 5 minutes were up, pitted and waited. And waited, clock frozen. No race happened. Exited, got to the black screen with ACC and she locked up solid. Waited for a minute, nothing. CTRL-ALT-Delete, cant get to task manager. Alt-tab, see task manager than it dissapears.

Locked so hard, I had to do a hard PC shut down.
Wow.

This doesn't feel like a true 1.0 yet but I have faith Kunos will continue to work on it.
However I'm lapping 1 or 2 seconds faster than everyone else in MP servers, not sure there's a fix to it
:D I've tried running with 120L of fuel but I still win easily :roflmao:

First off, congrats to Kunos for getting this across the line after what must have been a pretty gruelling few months. Now I've never experienced a perfect v1.0 release of any game or software, and ACC is no different. However for what it set out to be, I think it's a remarkable achievement.

To my mind, ACC is going to be the audiovisual benchmark for sim racing titles for quite a while. Every car is just a visual and sonic work of art, inside and out. Every track is beautiful. The sense of immersion is just unparalleled. The HDR lighting, PBR shaders, weather and time transitions, all phenomenal. The only fly in the ointment being the antialiasing, but I guess that's the tradeoff for a deferred rendering engine that makes all light sources real shadow casting lights. The whole thing loads lightning fast and has a really slick interface too.

The physics, handling and FFB is fantastic (and that's coming from a welded on rF2 user), all the cars have great default setups and all drive uniquely. The AI has ended up pretty decent too, after some ropey points during EA. AI consistency across multiple cars, track and weather conditions is not perfect but far in advance of the other titles that offer so much dynamic variation (ahem pC2). As a person who is exclusively an offline driver (your judgement of this is not required) who gives zero ^@#$s about rating, online matchmaking etc, I can jump into a hotlap or quick race and have the time of my life.

ACC might be a benchmark for audiovisuals, but it's unfortunately probably going to be the benchmark for heavy resource usage too. As a flat screener, I run all my other sim titles at max settings, 1080p, and all I ask is smooth 60fps. I can indeed run ACC on high (not epic) settings at 1080p on an i5/GTX1070 box (about 60% CPU and GPU usage) and have mostly smooth 60fps* with 10 AI under any weather, but only if I disable the mirrors completely. Mirrors enabled, I can run everything on low and get the FPS dropping into the 10s every 20 seconds or so. So unfortunately for me, until Kunos does some serious work on the mirror handling, or I upgrade my CPU, I have to take the immersion hit of no mirrors.

The other literal show stopper I've encountered in a few hours of playing, is consistent crashes to black screen then desktop during replays, which is a shame because they look gorgeous, especially liking the new helicopter view.

Here's hoping that Kunos continue to push out the bug fixes and performance improvements, and I'm looking forward to whatever extra content comes ACCs way.

* Still get the occasional stutter though

Last edited:
I was very impressed it immediately recognized every one of my controls.

Fanatec CSW 2.5
Fanatec Porsche 918 wheel
Fanatec CS 1.5 Shift.
Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals,
Heusinkveld Sequential Shifter
Heusinkveld Hand brake
Derek Spears Button Box

I had to quickly look up that "CTRL Space" is HMD center.

My initial run was very good. I haven't tested in depth, but VR performance looked good initially. I need to spend some time with it with a bunch of AI's now.

Really happy with this new version. New optimization is good, higher FPS everywhere. Car is grippy (feels more natural, unlike iRacing), and graphics looks good. Really improvements. Need to try it in VR...

Don't forget to download the latest Nvidia drivers optimized of ACC..

A lot of performance and graphical glitches appear to have been introduced with the new Unreal Engine update. If you haven’t noticed, your oculus home and headset will start if it’s connected, even if you didn’t select the VR option. You need to select the “no hmd” option otherwise your FPS are going to be cut in half and will introduce crashing as well. Another thing that seems to take a big hit is volumetric fog. I suggest to turn it off for the time being.

Due to the aliasing issues that appear to have been introduced with the Unreal update, 0.7.2 looked much better. So if you thought it’s looking worse than before, it is. There is a lot of flickering etc. We will just have to wait for an update on this to, nothing we can do right now.

Very mixed feelings.
Performance somehow seems to be worse than in the last EA build, and it seems to be (again) CPU limited - I was able to comfortably run a field of 20 AI cars and not drop below 60 fps, now I lowered it to 15 and I'm still dipping to 50 or so. I haven't looked at the thread CPU usage yet, but I expect one of the main game threads just runs out of CPU power, like it did before. It certainly doesn't seem to be GPU related, it's hardly at 75 % usage with my current settings.

Then there's also a pretty bad input lag (which might in fact currently be my biggest issue, as you can tweak performance, but what can you do about input lag...?). I can't say if it is worse than it was or not because I didn't really drive the cars before that much and most of my ACC runs were just limited to testing performance and/or FFB during the early access, but it's really bad. It's the worst of any racing game I generally drive, and that includes Dirt Rally 2 (where the lag at least seems to be just visual, so it's not as annoying, whereas here it seems to be true input lag). Very frustrating especially with some of the more tail-happy cars as it makes catching slides much worse - to the point where I spent more than an hour trying to record a 10 minute race in the Porsche and just couldn't do it because I would always lose the car at one point or another.

The FFB doesn't really help with this, because I can't feel the car losing grip very well, so I mostly have to rely on visual cues. I don't know it the FFB has changed from the previous EA build - it feels to me like it might've, but then again this is really hard to tell. But it's very "meh" for me, and, to top it off, the default settings are still way too strong and (more importantly) clipping badly all the time, I really don't understand why they don't create some better defaults. AC was also pretty bad in this regard.

But yeah, it looks and sounds pretty good...

Last edited:
This doesn't feel like a true 1.0 yet but I have faith Kunos will continue to work on it.
However I'm lapping 1 or 2 seconds faster than everyone else in MP servers, not sure there's a fix to it
:D I've tried running with 120L of fuel but I still win easily :roflmao:

I am using a 360 controller because I dismounted my G29 and still can be top 400 on leaderboards on special events. When I was using the G29 and drive on the limit on early acess I cant be so high on leadearboard because just 1 second are so many positions.

It seems people are trying different things. On early acess everyone try the same thing and became faster.

Any triple screen users get the Projection Correction option to work yet? Kunos noted this could provide an improvement over what we saw in the beta, but for me the option is grayed out and says 'locked'. I run my triples in NvidiaSurround and I've tried both windowed and fullscreen mode, no luck.

To activate the Projection Correction, you have to start the game in Steam by right clicking and using the "with hmd" option (no idea what that means). The you can use PC.

However, as it stands, it is a disaster. Using PC indeed makes triples look good, except . . . it somehow downgrades the resolution of the image to what looks like VGA era graphics. It looks awful. Hopefully, this can be fixed.

To activate the Projection Correction, you have to start the game in Steam by right clicking and using the "with hmd" option (no idea what that means). The you can use PC.
You mean the "no hmd" option. You can also use the -nohmd launch parameter. And what it does is exactly what it says on the tin (no Head Mounted Display = "no hmd") - it forces VR support off (. Not sure why that is needed on non-VR systems, but yeah. And the projection correction indeed works in that case.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%