Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Its here!

We are racing at Silverstone this June 2nd - find out the details HERE.

Ok, I don't really need to say anything else as I've got nothing new to add that you don't already know. Basically this is just somewhere for you all to put your comments, so I'll shut up and let you comment away!

Assetto Corsa Competizione Launch FAQ

ACC V1 Released.jpg

Q: What is Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame. Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game allows to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.
Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes. To know more about the Blancpain GT Series, please visit https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/

Q: When does Assetto Corsa Competizione launch out of Early Access?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 is available on May 29, 2019, featuring the 2018 Blancpain GT Series. Our development team will continue to support the game in order to include also the full roaster, cars and tracks of the 2019 Season with a FREE additional content coming after Summer 2019.

Q: Which controllers and steering wheels is Assetto Corsa Competizione compatible with?
A: See below a list of supported wheels and devices. In summary, any controller recognised by Windows DirectInput can be used with Assetto Corsa Competizione. If your device is not listed below, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it is not compatible with ACC, but it might not be fully supported.

FANATEC
  • Podium Wheel Base DD1, DD2
  • ClubSport Pedals V1, V2, V3
  • ClubSport Shifter (SQ) via Fanatec ClubSport USB Adapter (AO)
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2, Formula, Porsche 918 RSR, Universal Hub for Xbox One ClubSport Wheel Base v1, v2, v2.5
  • CSL Elite Pedals
  • CSL Elite Racing Wheel
  • CSL Elite Wheel Base
  • CSL Steering Wheel McLaren GT3
  • CSL Steering Wheel P1
  • CSL Steering Wheel
  • LOGITECH
  • G25 Racing Wheel
  • G27 Racing Wheel
  • G29 Racing Wheel
  • G920 Racing Wheel
MICROSOFT
  • Official Xbox 360 Wired Pad
  • Official Xbox 360 Wireless Pad
  • Official Xbox One Wireless Pad
  • THRUSTMASTER
  • 599XX EVO 30
  • Sparco® P310
  • F1
  • Ferrari 458 Italia Edition
  • Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition
  • Ferrari GTE
  • Leather 28 GT
  • T300 RS GT Edition
  • Sparco® R383
  • T3PA Pro pedals
  • T80
  • T150
  • T300 RS
  • T500 RS
  • T500 RS F1 Advanced mode
  • T-GT
  • TH8 RS Shifter
  • TMX Force Feedback
  • TS-PC Racer
  • TS-XW Racer
  • TX
SIMXPERIENCE
  • AccuForce Pro v1,v2
GRANITE DEVICES*
  • SimucCUBE 2 Sport
  • SimuCUBE 2 Pro
  • SimuCUBE 2 Ultimate
*ARGON, IONI and SimuCUBE-based OpenSimWheel systems are also supported

Q: Can I use mouse and keyboard?
A: You can use the mouse to control the user interface and the keyboard for user interface and car control.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have VR support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers support for Oculus Rift (dedicated plug-in) and HTC Vive (Steam VR). Other devices might be compatible but are not officially supported.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione support 4K natively?
A: Yes, and any screen resolution recognized by your OS can be set in game.

Q: Will there ever be a physical edition of Assetto Corsa Competizione available on PC?
A: We have put our full effort towards the digital version of Assetto Corsa Competizione; we may consider a retail version in the future, but it’s not planned yet.

Q: Will Assetto Corsa Competizione ever come to console?
A: We are putting all our efforts into the PC Steam version; a console version is surely under evaluation, but it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.

Q: When can players expect the free 2019 update?
A: Our production team is already working on it and the release has been scheduled after Summer 2019.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione offer triple monitor support?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione runs on triple screen setups as a single render scene, that is split over three displays. The game features a special projection correction that reduces the lateral distortion that might affect ultrawide screens and triple monitor setups. (It's called Pannini Projection in honor of the ITALIAN painter who invented it in the 18th century - because Italians do it better). This feature can be set in-game in the "view settings" option. We appreciate that some users are requesting three separate renderings in order to tune bezel values and screen angles. Currently, Unreal Engine 4 doesn't support this feature. We'll continue to investigate to see if in future the triple-separate rendering will be supported in a feasible way.

Q: Will I ever be able to mod Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Being developed with UE4, Assetto Corsa Competizione processes data and assets through a completely different structure and file format than the previous Assetto Corsa. Therefore, the game will not be compatible with mod contents created for Assetto Corsa.

Q: Which tracks are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: A list of all the official circuits included in the Blancpain GT Series calendar are available at this URL: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/calendar. This also includes also Zolder as part of the 2018 Season.

Q: Which cars are available in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.0 includes 51 teams, 280 selectable drivers, 14 Manufacturers and the following car models:
  • Porsche 911 (991) GT3 R
  • Porsche 911 (991II) GT3 Cup
  • Mercedes-AMG GT3
  • Ferrari 488 GT3
  • Audi R8 LMS
  • Lamborghini Huracán GT3
  • Lamborghini Huracán Super Trofeo (2015 Model Year)
  • McLaren 650S GT3
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • BMW M6 GT3
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2015 Model Year)
  • Bentley Continental GT3 (2018 Model Year)
  • Aston Martin Racing V12 Vantage GT3
  • Reiter Engineering R-EX GT3
  • Emil Frey Jaguar G3
  • Lexus RC F GT3
  • Honda/Acura NSX GT3
Q: How does multiplayer work in Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione offers three types of Multiplayer action:
In the Public Multiplayer, you can join servers run by the community or official Kunos servers. They offer a vast amount of combinations regarding tracks, conditions and race events similar to the Assetto Corsa 1 universe.

To quickly find servers that suit your preferences and skills, you can either use the Quick Join functionality, or select one of the best matches in the highly personalized server list. To improve your experience, you can edit your preferences, so the suggestions may offer you more night or rain races; or add weight to latency or specific tracks.

While the Public Multiplayer will run casual and quick paced races, advanced users may want to use the Competition Servers. They are offer a competitive experience with very serious settings and hour-long races. The corresponding Competition Rating will track your progress and define the Splits in which you can compete on those servers. The requirements are high, so make sure you get an overview about the Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page.

The third section is the support of private leagues. They run their own race organization and series, which for example allows the use of Driver Swaps and adjusted rules. Additionally, we are looking into possibilities to allow leagues to run more than the 30 cars, and offer them the data output and Race Direction tools they need.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione have anything in place to ensure clean racing online?
A: The most important part in the comprehensive Rating system is the "Safety Rating (SA)" component. Once unlocked, it will track the virtual Trust and Incidents both in Multiplayer and AI races. Public Servers are set up with different SA requirements, offering different levels of protected racing. Additionally, the Competition Servers run very high SA requirements. To enjoy clean racing in Multiplayer, make sure to keep an eye on your Ratings in the Main Menu/Driver/Ratings page and maximize your Safety Rating.

Q: How many players does Assetto Corsa Competizione support?
A: Players can compete against other 30 opponents in single and multiplayer.

Q: What are the minimum system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?
A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: What are the recommended system requirements in order to run Assetto Corsa Competizione?

A: The most updated version of minimum and recommended hardware requirements is available at the URL https://store.steampowered.com/app/805550/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione/ in the system requirements section.

Q: Does Assetto Corsa Competizione take advantage of NVIDIA RTX?
A: Currently, Assetto Corsa Competizione does not support ray tracing yet. We continue to work closely with Epic Games and NVIDIA on integration of new technologies to Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Q: What resolutions and FPS will Assetto Corsa Competizione run at?
A: Resolution and number of frames depend by your hardware requirements. Assetto Corsa Competizione can match the same resolution recognized by your Operative system, and you can decide to cap the number of visible frames per second. We haven't set any limit on this.

Q: Where can I find support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Where can I submit bugs?
A: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum
Please use the proper forum sections and in case of bug submission, zip and attach the whole "Logs" folder located in your "C:\users*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved" folder (the "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties). In case of crash report, please always zip and attach the whole "Crashes" folder located in the same directory.

Q: What rating has Assetto Corsa Competizione been given?
A: Assetto Corsa Competizione content is expected to be Assetto Corsa Competizione is accessible to all ages; for instance, the North American ESRB rating is “E” (standing for “Everyone”).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is out now!

The Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for the latest news and discussion about this awesome simulation. Head over to engage with your fellow sim racing fans, and why not take in a race or two with our ACC Racing Club? Good, clean and fun online racing to be had by all!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
What you say is true, but looking at it from a differing view point, we consumers are usually hyped for more "realism" due to a Dev coming out and offering better than the competition in their next release. The other side of that is that race car technologies have advanced to the point that real car data is now expected by the masses in race sims, It's a merry-go-round affect, devs offer x, consumers want z, so the dev has to offer EA so he can work on keeping the masses happy by letting them contribute to the dev of said title, which is a mistake imo. We consumers need to avoid EA releases, I can remember a time when EA was unheard of and 90% of games were gold at v1 release, but I doubt it will happen due to consumers wanting everything NOW.
I no longer even buy games on release now, no matter how hyped I am. I wait at least a week to see if people are having issues, then maybe a few months.

I'm curious if Kunos were loading the game up and experiencing these issues people are having, if they were then it would perhaps have been best to push back the release date and just release all the content on its original release date.

Suppose the good news is once Kunos get all the issues solved, better optimisation etc they then have a base where they just need to work on features and content, and then maybe even their next project .

You can literally farm SA by doing parallels with another driver. Each time they go through the start line for another lap, the SA will rise by 2 or 3 points.

The fact that you can do this, is ridiculous.
Also the fact there is a need for you to earn SA points in this way is ridiculous. :cool:

Another funny boy :O_o:

Last edited:
Also the fact there is a need for you to earn SA points in this way is ridiculous. :cool:
I completely agree. I also think it is a bad system, because people can do that in groups.

Clean 3-wides in straights with 2 of your friends = 75 SA in 2 races of 30 minutes each.

Now, who's really a pro & clean driver and who's a farmer? Indistinguishable.

Well... yeah, it's perfectly distinguishable when a 80 SA hits you like a rocket on turn 1.

That's how it works at the moment and it's not good. Let's be honest here.

V1.0.1 upset my firewall and it blocked server connection for the rating system etc - all earlier versions in EA and V1.0.0 worked fine. I had to manually find the .exe file and allow it to get the rating system/server connection working again.

Just thought I'd add this here in case others encounter the same issues. At first, I assumed it was just another intermittent server connection issue but this time it was the firewall.

Tells you everything you need to know how crappy optimized this game is.

i9 9900K at 5 gHz.
2080 ti. (GPU usage 99 percent)
on 4k single screen.
this guy is averaging 60fps. It even dips into high 50 fps few times. like WTF.
On dry track, day....

Thank you for the information. Maybe Unreal is Unreal.
When driving , i dont give a s... for landscape but as i watch as audience, i except shadows and details are drawn, much longer distance, its all the time "flickering" or drawing shadows and other stuff so close, it start disturbing exprience. The specs should be enough. Sure kunos are not happy. But what can you do now, only thing what surprise me, is how they ever think its possible do with generic engine.

Everything looks plastic.

Is it possible to adjust move hud indicators like tire temperature from right corner to middle of screen? Thanks.
Only "kind of".

Go to ACC folder in documents -> config -> hud.json and edit four of the "safezone" values. Increase right safezone to bring tyre app (and unfortunately other apps) more toward the middle.

This is more useful for people with triples that want to throw the chat window to another screen while keeping tyres on the main one, etc.
I also rise the bottom so that info messages aren't obstructed by my wheel rim, and move the pit info/car electronics window as well as other cars timings just on the right edge of the left screen.

I'm not saying his benchmarks are completely useless, it's still data to look at and consider within the context, but his conclusions (and methodology) seem to be kinda strange.
It is very obvious ACC is taxing hardware far greater than any other racing simulation and for a 2080Ti not to be able to maintain 60fps at 1080P in a storm indicates DSOG have found performance issues with ACC.

Further, DSOG have been testing games since 2011 and their results are often mirrored by other sites such as Game GPU who, conincidently, did a test on ACC build 0.5.2 with similar results - https://gamegpu.com/racing-simulators-/-гонки/assetto-corsa-competizione-0-5-2-test-gpu-cpu

It will be interesting to see what conclusions other testers find and how much extra performance Kunos can deliver moving forward.

I completely agree. I also think it is a bad system, because people can do that in groups.

Clean 3-wides in straights with 2 of your friends = 75 SA in 2 races of 30 minutes each.

Now, who's really a pro & clean driver and who's a farmer? Indistinguishable.

Well... yeah, it's perfectly distinguishable when a 80 SA hits you like a rocket on turn 1.

That's how it works at the moment and it's not good. Let's be honest here.
When my ping went through the roof in a race session and another car spawned inside mine I lost a good chunk of safey rating. Near impossible to get it back in the open servers without farming sadly

It only has 1 save option the last save. Can you improve that to multiple saves eg: save for championship mode save for career mode and single race etc.? please? Also can you add the pit menu into the pause menu so we can adjust pit options during pause for offline races?

I did a race yesterday and I wanted to change tyres but for some reason I couldnt.

Race started out damp, so I fitted wets. Then after about 12 laps the tyres were bright red and I wanted to change to slicks, however when I entered the pits, the only option was “change tyres”. So I clicked this (thinking it might reveal another menu) but all it did was fit another set of wets. So how do you swap from drys to wets during a race?

I'm one of the lucky ones that is fortunate to have ACC running great. With that said, I'm still having a difficult time warming up to the simulation due to the AI in the races. I find that running in a race is boring, as the passing is minimal to almost non existent no matter what settings I try. If there were more cars passing, this would be a great sim to use. I just can't get my mindset to have fun with them driving like a train continuously.. If anyone has settings to improve the AI, I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Last edited:
I'm one of the lucky ones that is fortunate to have ACC running great. With that said, I'm still having a difficult time warming up to the simulation due to the AI in the races. I find that running in a race is boring, as the passing is minimal to almost non existent no matter what settings I try. If there were more cars passing, this would be a great sim to use. I just can't get my mindset to have fun with them driving like a train continuously.. If anyone has settings to improve the AI, I would greatly appreciate any advice.
Hmm, I had some varying experiences. On Paul Ricards Mistral straight even the AI overtakes regularly. On courses like Zolder, where overtaking is more difficult, they overtake less. But that is true in real motor racing also. You've got to defend your position before risking to challenge the next opponent during close racing.
Against the AI I also had some races where I did like only two overtaking maneuvers apart from the start, because I was struggling to keep up to the AI.

I tend to not use the AI with less than 88%-90% strength. Or else they brake to heavily and early before cornering, obviously trying to make it easy for the player to overtake. But I find that nerve wrecking, since I usually try to carry as much speed as possible through the corners. I tend to either bump into them or lose momentum. With an aggressiveness of 10-30% the AI is rather cautious and does not risk too much when overtaking. But make one driving error for example at the end of Mistral straight or in Signes and they are all over you! Sometimes I lost 3 positions in that very corner.
I believe the AI aggressiveness was tweaked heavily during EA. With earlier builds I had the aggro at 80%-90%, which now translates into much lower figures since, I don't know, maybe v.0.6? With high aggro the AI tends to bump into you too much. We all know who catches the car with superhuman reflexes then and who ends in the gravel pit...

But what I'd like to see is a stronger defense from the AI when you are following closely to shut the door into the corner early for example. Overtaking the AI in the final corner of Paul Ricard for example is like taking candy from kids.
I'd also like to see the AI make more mistakes. They seem like unfazed, don't seem to drive on the edge. Not sure if this is easily possible to code though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back