Assetto Corsa Competizione | V1.7.3 Is Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have dropped another new hotfix update for ACC with the arrival of build 1.7.3 today - adding a few further minor updates and fixes to the title.

Another new hotfix update has arrived for Assetto Corsa Competizione. With the arrival of build 1.7.3 comes a small number of relatively minor tweaks and improvements, including some audio and visual fixes to a couple of cars and miscellaneous improvements and tweaks to the British GT Championship mode - details of which can be ready fully in the change log notes below:

ACC middle.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.7.3 Update Notes:

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed a duplicate entry issue in British GT championship mode.
  • Fixed British GT 2-hour event rules not fully applied when played in Single Player.
UI:
  • Fixed a floating point error causing inconsistent track grip status readout.
AUDIO:
  • Minor volume tweaks to Porsche GT3 and Cup cars.
  • Improved audio blend with the F7 camera.
GRAPHICS:
  • Fixed incorred blurred custom rim on the Camaro GT4.
  • Fixed LOD UV issue on the AMR V8 GT3.
  • Tweaked appearance of wet kerbing at Snetterton.

Original Source; Assetto Corsa Competizione Steam

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC and console.

Got questions about the sim? Want to know how to make the most from your instal? No worries, fire up a new thread in the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community be your guide!

ACC Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Tried in VR for the first time last night, looks pretty good but wow it makes my PC sweat.
Finding that performance balance is hard with a 2060 super. PC upgrade is probable later this year but I kind of hope Kunos ditches Unreal looking forward.

I agree it is very demending with certain hardware. It was unplayable with AMD rx4 and rx570 cards. I upgraded my rig to an 2060 rtx and ryzen 3600, and at 1080p i get mostly 60 fps (everything set to epic, except volumetric fog or something like that setting set to low or off). Rain does set it to 50ish fps, still playable. Geforce cards are the way to go, but what is crucial is CPU power.

Last edited:
They just keep on improving this game with another patch.
Personally it looks fantastic graphics wise on my 32" 144MHz G Sync Monitor with everything on ultra settings running smooth as with my Asus RTX2080ti OC, i9-9900KS, 32gig of Ram on my Samsung 4TB SSD.
I'm loving it. Thanks Kunos

Last edited:
I find the discussions interesting when people post that they can't turn up all the settings in a game. I have to say I have been fortunate enough to be able to buy hardware that brings out the most of any sim that I play. To get the same visuals you see on trailers for games, you just can't keep saying, "it doesn't look like that on my I5/1060/5gig of ram machine. Like anything else you have to invest to get the best.

I just bought a 38" LG 3860x1600 monitor. My hardware is I9 9900k, 32gig of RAM, RTX2080ti. I lost about 40fps max setting in ACC from the 27 inch 2560x1440 monitor I was using. I still get 100fps, torrential rain, 20 cars. High quality visuals require serious ponies out of a computer. A good foundation and realistic expectation will help the enjoyment level. Since I don't play the "kill everything on a 1,000 planets" type of games, my horsepower is pretty set.

Oh, and to all the "experts" who said the RTX2080ti wasn't a true upgrade, it was for me coming from a RX480. How are you doing trying to get those RTX 3080/3090 ? :whistling:

ACC is very demanding in performance to deliver very high quality graphic, but it can also deliver, with the proper hardware, stunning, photo realistic, graphics, none of the other SIM can.
In a day to day operation, ACC, like any other SIM is a compromise, even with great hardware, UE4 will deliver greatness but also immersion breaking artifacts.
In VR, with my 1080ti, it gives me the most realistic cockpit of any of my SIM, but the mirrors are very bad and the tires of the other cars are not always touching the road, even if the road looks to most realistic of any road in any of my other SIM.
Let’s hope one day we will have a sim that has life like graphics, but meanwhile we need to choose the compromise that least breaks the immersion for us.

i think the graphics in this game look nice but sometimes it looks a bit on the blurry side.
as well as requiring a high powered pc to get the most from it. i think its a general pc games thing, some games are poorly optimised on pc . when u think about last gen console how the games where optimised for the console and used every bit of power it had.. i understand that computers have different spec etc. but if you own a 3080 etc and still cant run full blast, well maybe its just lazy developers or maybe developers who don't know how to get the best from the graphics engine they are working with. It will be interesting to see what graphics engine they use for AC2. or by that stage they understand the unreal engine to go again with AC2. but who knows , who cares. i am sure they do there best.

• Deleted member 197115

Marco hinted own engine or UE5. But building own engine esp. without Stefano onboard does not sound realistic to me.
Madness? LOL.

ACC is very demanding in performance to deliver very high quality graphic, but it can also deliver, with the proper hardware, stunning, photo realistic, graphics, none of the other SIM can.
In a day to day operation, ACC, like any other SIM is a compromise, even with great hardware, UE4 will deliver greatness but also immersion breaking artifacts.
In VR, with my 1080ti, it gives me the most realistic cockpit of any of my SIM, but the mirrors are very bad and the tires of the other cars are not always touching the road, even if the road looks to most realistic of any road in any of my other SIM.
Let’s hope one day we will have a sim that has life like graphics, but meanwhile we need to choose the compromise that least breaks the immersion for us.
And then we have AC1 with shaders and Sol mod that looks way better than ACC...

And then we have AC1 with shaders and Sol mod that looks way better than ACC...

AC with shader looks better than vanilla AC.
When comparing with ACC, I prefer ACC on many aspects, but I can understand if someone prefers AC or any other title, as none is that good or that bad, which leaves us with having to prefer the less worst looking from our point of view.
5 years ago I would have thought graphics in SIM racing would look more real by 2021. Definitely a lots of room for improvement.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I am actually getting better night and rain performance in ACC vs perpetual WIP AC/CSP/SOL mods sandbox.
Just had G9 HDR monitor installed recently and was shocked by how jaw dropping real rain looks in ACC. My favorite VR title as well (surprise), although a bit harder to make it look as good as monitor on old 1080Ti.

Ilja, Peter and Co are doing hell of a job squeezing extra out of the ancient home made Kunos engine, I don't think AC would enjoy userbase like today without their work, but it is old, and to make something trivial like lights work there most of the times is a tricky hack that comes at a steep performance price.

Under right conditions they can look close to each other, I wouldn't knock either one for graphics alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years