Assetto Corsa Competizione | V1.5 and GT4 DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kunos Simulazioni have launched their V1.5 update of Assetto Corsa Competizione alongside the exceptional GT4 Pack DLC.
  • New DLC contains 11 GT4 cars.
  • DLC priced at £17.99.
  • Multi-class online racing now available.

Assetto Corsa Competizione GT4 | Check out our DLC review: Click Here

Yes, at long last release date is here and a brand spanking new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released! Packed with features, fixes, improvements and changes, as well as the small matter of a new 11 car DLC replicating the 2019 European GT4 Series championship, this is one of the biggest update / DLC drops released for Assetto Corsa Competizione to date.

We shall get on to the subject of GT4 in a moment, but before we do, let's take a look at the V1.5 update change log that comes with this brand new build.

ACC GT4 Review 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione GT4 | Introducing Greatness: Click Here.

GENERAL:
GT4 European Series DLC (2019 season) now available for purchase with:
  • Alpine A110 GT4
  • Aston Martin Vantage V8 GT4
  • Audi R8 LMS GT4
  • BMW M4 GT4
  • Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
  • Ginetta G55 GT4
  • KTM X-Bow GT4
  • Maserati Granturismo MC GT4
  • McLaren 570S GT4
  • Mercedes-AMG GT4
  • Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
  • Official 2019 GT4 European Series liveries and bonus presentation liveries for select models.
  • Additional bonus GT World Challenge Europe 2020 liveries.

Assetto Corsa Competizione GT4 | Gameplay Videos: Click Here.

GAMEPLAY:
  • Added GT4 Season menu (DLC).
  • Added GT4 Sprint Race game mode: 1-hour race duration, mandatory driver swap in pit window, no tyre change or refueling allowed (DLC).
  • Added GT4 2019 championship season and custom championship season (DLC).
  • Fixed a bug where saving the game while the car was facing the wrong way would DQ the player when loading the session.
  • Changed references in the penalty system to allow different track limit thresholds for different car groups in mixed races
  • Potential fix to the pit exit trigger fail and subsequent issue with pit limiter getting stuck and stint times not restarting properly when the player had the first box.
  • Fixed an inconsistency in the lower threshold of the automatic wiper assist.

UI:
  • Dash display opacity slider added in View Settings.
  • Short name (abbreviation shown on Lumirank display) now editable in driver UI menu.
  • Car classes marked on RT and leaderboard items on the HUD in mixed races.
  • Class indicator added to Broadcast HUD.
  • Broadcast MFD now contains split GT3/GT4 standings in mixed races (long press Insert hides & re-evaluates if race is multiclass or not during the race).
  • Class indicator added to MP timetables.
  • GT4 cars grouped in MP car selection.
  • "Sticky" HUD layer remains visible when hiding HUD via long press.
  • Updated realtime leaderboard widget time gap logic to support mixed classes.
  • Fixed controller navigation for the colour selector in the driver editor page.
  • Fixed a bug with control-hijacking by hidden widgets.
  • Dash widget size now respects low aspect ratio resolutions.
  • Showroom widgets to not consume mouse events while camera is being controlled.
  • Fixed temporary mouse pointer invisibility when intro session is set to skip.
  • Pit rule summary widget added to the garage screen.
  • Server statistics widget added to the garage screen.
  • Driver swap widget added to the garage screen (when applicable).
  • "Drive" button now pulsates on the garage screen during countdown.
  • Updated track map widget and interactive track map widget added to the garage screen.
  • Clicking on the markers changes focused car, clicking outside changes marker between position and racing number.
  • Indicates cars triggering yellow flag.
  • Indicates cars on invalid lap in Qualifying sessions (cyan marker).
  • Full track map widget now available on the Broadcast HUD and the Replay HUD.
  • HUD track map now has zoomed-in and full map option in HUD settings.
  • Added track map HUD page (cycle F2) as a secondary broadcast page with focus on track map.
  • Fix to only one car model being available for custom cars after adding the first one.
  • Server name is now shown for saved replays.
  • Fixed weather widget timing out on Broadcast HUD.
  • Weather forecast now shows current weather.
  • Weather forecast rainfall icons now show indication of increasing/decreasing rainfall (+/-) when both forecast stages prompt the same icon.
  • Fixed missing mouse pointer with Cinema HUD open.
  • Fixed erroneously exposed tyre set selector for wet tyres when switching between compounds and when loading a setup after session transition.
  • Fixed an issue with the setup strategy selector that would jump to the end of the list of strategies after session transition.

CONTROLLERS:
  • Change in the management of controller devices, to use instance IDs instead of on product ID.
  • Allows the use of multiple instances of the same controller device model, such as button boxes.
  • Fixed Frequency setting not loading correctly after being set in the UI.
  • Disconnected devices will no longer be deleted from controls.json but will be marked as disconnected (red-coloured device name in configuration screen).
  • Controls configuration can now be reloaded to detect re-connected devices without need to restart the game.
  • Refresh/reload and undo buttons added to the controls page.
  • Default keyboard binding for "downshift" reassigned to "X" in order to avoid clash with basic Windows function hotkeys.
  • Fixed FFB controller order dependency, now the steering device automatically gets FFB assigned.
  • Potential fix to lack of FFB for certain devices upon first install or control settings reset.
  • Controller presets for Simucube and Simucube 2 wheel bases.
  • Added new rumble effects and adjusted existing ones for XInput gamepads.

MULTIPLAYER:
  • Server: added server-side car group restrictions: GT3, ST, Cup, GT4, FreeForAll.
  • Client: server car group displayed in server list.
  • MP car selection page automatically pre-selects car based on eligibility.
  • NOTE: DLC ownership is not required to join mixed-class servers and see opponent cars.
  • Quickjoin always respects the car group that is currently selected.
  • CP servers are in Mixed mode, and use the Primary car.
  • Client: server list now will not refresh upon returning from car selection/advanced menu.
  • Client: fixed an issue with failed race starts when clients entering an invalid state would not be re-evaluated as valid even after regaining position.
  • Client: fixed a crash that would occur when the client joined during the start of the formation phase.
  • Client: fixed an issue where clients joining during the preparation/countdown phase would be sent up to the top of the grid by the formation widget and erroneously start from pole.
  • Client: fixed a potential client crash when using maximum tyre set rule in driver swap scenarios
  • Client: fixed unreliable grain/blister/flatspot data transfer in swap scenarios when reusing old tyresets while also swapping driver.
  • Server: client reject during post-qualifying phase now made global to prevent erroneous spawning.
  • In an open-race server, clients may still join after the post-qualifying phase, either during the race countdown phase, during the formation lap or after the race start.
  • Server: fixed a rare server issue that would skip to the end of the race session when all clients entered into an invalid state at the same time during the formation phase.
  • Server: added "isLockedPrepPhase" setting (settings.json) to prevent clients who did not take part in qualifying from joining during the preparation/countdown phase.
  • CP: fixed client rejection with "server full" message with successful registration.

PHYSICS:
  • Fixed tyre pressure reset on used tyres when pitting without tyre change.
  • Motec control channels frequency upped to 60Hz.
  • Fixed Motec channel drift when comparing laptimes.
  • Kerb, slip, G-force and ABS vibrations added to physics API.
  • EBB (active electronic brake bias) feature activated and implemented.
  • Torque vectoring differential activated and implemented.
  • Pirelli DH and DW tyre model implementation, all dimensions required and used for GT4 European Series cars.
  • Updated and improved implementation of caster physics (also affects visual appearance).
  • Porsche 991II GT3 Cup tyre model update and fine-tuning.
  • Porsche 991II GT3 Cup updated spring rates and bumpstops as per endurance homologation.

GRAPHICS:
  • Sparks performance optimization and probability filtering tweaks.
  • Backfire performance optimization.
  • Optimization of light emitters at Nurburgring to help reduce stutters.
  • Fixed car dirt visuals getting reset after certain periods in Multiplayer sessions.
  • Various car LOD fixes.

AUDIO:
  • Tweaked curbs and astroturf volume in onboard cameras.
  • Better organization in sample reference structure.
  • Better audio feedback for brake temperature and wear level.
  • General fine-tuning.

Also new for today is the GT4 Pack DLC - adding 11 new GT4 cars from the 2019 European GT4 Series to the simulation. I've already talked to death about these cars, so if you want a quick summary again, check out these two videos:

Enjoy the racing folks!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

footer.png

Last edited:
$20 US is a bit too much for this. The last DLC was only $15, and it included new tracks. I'm sure the GT4s are great and all, but I'll have to pass at this price.

11 models...
Not sure what actually is harder to make though, 5 tracks or 11 cars.

Compared to other games out there and their DLC price model, I'd say Kunos is right on top of things without going overboard.

The price here in germany is ok. I mean when i go to McDumb with my kids i have to pay 25€ + so no point here.

My problem is i lost the enthusiasm for the game. SIngleplayerwise its sometimes still like unready. I mean why do the game not monitor how often you have to pit like the AI. Otherwise you have all the time to watch out for the AI how often they stop, to avoid cheating on them, while pitting less times.

Days ago i started new championship @bathurst. All the race at 3rd position without any chances getting the 2 cars ahead. Suddenly with 1 lap to go both leasing cars made an additional pitstop without any reason. So i won the race and got frustrated another time by this "pitstop-mess". ANother thing is alway the Spa race. If you choose the 1h race its just ridiculous while you have to pit every 5minutes. There is no fun at all. Here i wish more customization ....

So .... i will buy the DLC sooner or later but not right now, because i am some kind of pissed off ;)

ps: AC and R3E are still the better singleplayer experiences for me

Yup, as an Argentinean I can confirm that regional pricing is utterly screwed. As a person that used to support every release by every sim dev (even most 397 dlc that came without regional pricing, until the dollar rose like 200%), I can say confidently that, in the midst of a very deep economical crisis, the dollar rising every day a little more, people losing their jobs every day due to COVID, and the longest quarantine in the world (117 days), no Argentinean (except someone who is very well off) will be able to buy this DLC, myself included. Literally 3x times the price of the base game. I know Kunos need to make money, but in this way, they literally alienate part of their player base who can't afford it. Hopefully this will not become a trend.

Last edited:
I was really hoping to see the AI ramming addressed in patch 1.5. Tired of getting punted off the track. I have finally noticed a pattern to their madness, so have been able to avoid a little more but still an issue. DLC downloaded and ready for when I get off work :). $20 for the DLC ...I can see it both ways. Expensive compared to the other Kunos DLC for what you get, but makes it look like they are giving it away when you compare it to rFactor ;). Also, expensive when I think about the fact it is the same price I spent for the full game. With that said, it wasn't so expensive that it drove me away.

Jeez, I generally hate talking about prices, but please stop this nonsense. Compared to rF they are giving it away? WTF?
Currently GT3 pack (11 cars) from S397 is 5 € less than GT4 pack from Kunos. Endurance Bundle from S397 is currently 10 € for 7 cars. Granted, both packs are on sale, but still. rF2 regular prices are generally more expensive, yes, but don't spread BS like it's night and day difference. Comparing DLC pack to a single item never works either. With Kunos you DO NOT EVEN HAVE THE OPTION to buy single car, and pack is always a better value, but ONLY if you are interested in all the cars in it.
You gotta love Sector3 though. You can buy individual cars, i.e the ones that you actually want to drive and still race with the full grid of cars (multi-class).

For the record, I think the price is fair, I just wish there was an option to buy single car, even if it was 5 € per car. I own shitload of virtual cars that I never use in sims and I'm getting a bit tired of it.
RaceRoom is the most user friendly. One can get cars/tracks that he wants to actually use. I own Premium pack but nobody shoved it down my throat.
rF2 lets you buy individual cars, but then you cannot race people if the grid consists of cars that you don't own. It's far from ideal.
Kunos doesn't give you the option - it's either the whole pack or nothing which is even worse than what S397 does.
Just my opinion, feel free to disagree

Guys, I've spent like 2500 Euros on my low-end gaming PC and racing rig. If it was 1 car for 20 Euros it would maybe be debatable. Also, complaining that you cannot buy single cars, at this price, is just a waste of time. My opinion, of course. If you don't feel right about the price just wait for when they are on sale.

EDIT: of course, if something is broken with the regional prices, that is another matter entirely and I hope it gets fixed soon. Have you reported it to Kunos?

EDIT 2: mid-range gaming PC, not low-end.

Last edited:
Just because Kunos screws you less doesn't mean that you should be happy about it. That's how i see it anyway. I'll wait for a sale as i don't want to encourage this kind of practice, got enough of that with the AAA industry already.

Pretty much it, Vote with your wallet. Some people are in a position where the money and price increases aren't a big deal to them. Excellent for them, I get how exciting it is to reach for the plastic on something you've been waiting for and 'just pay it'.

However, in order to throttle this sort of thing so it doesn't continue to climb out of control, its up to the consumer to slow it down. Not everyone is in an excellent economic position, and price increases only make it harder to enjoy. From the sound of things some regions / countries have it much worse than others.

This isn't just a Kunos thing, its obviously an industry thing. I've been PC gaming for over 25 years and have watched this whole $%^& storm brew.

FYI, people are reporting on the AC Forums that the regional pricing for some countries are broken: the DLC is costing the same or up to three times the base game price.

Some examples:

Pack/PriceUSDEURBRL
Base Game39.9939.9975.99
GT4 DLC19.9919.9979.99
Intercontinental GT Pack14.9914.9928.99

If you're not paying in USD or EUR, I'd advise to wait until they fix the pricing.

See this post: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...imes-higher-than-the-game.65605/#post-1152126

And the SteamDB to reference the prices: https://steamdb.info/app/805550/

20€ for 11 cars is less than 2€ per car, which not only is inline with the DLC prices for the first Assetto Corsa but also way cheaper than any other sim DLC.

In Raceroom you pay 4€ per car with 1 livery or more than 7€ for a single car with all liveries, in rFactor 2 you pay 5€ per car, and then let's not even talk about iRacing... People complain about "expensive prices" without actually thinking about what they're talking about.

Kunos is selling the cheaper DLCs in simracing and for that I will actually support and buy without waiting for a sale, which is what I usually do.

EDIT: Except for the regional prices in certain countries... those do appear totally out of hand and hopefully will be fixed.

Guys, I've spent like 2500 Euros on my low-end gaming PC and racing rig. If it was 1 car for 20 Euros it would maybe be debatable. Also, complaining that you cannot buy single cars, at this price, is just a waste of time. My opinion, of course. If you don't feel right about the price just wait for when they are on sale.
Good for you, you`re lucky guy. But there are many countries in the world where people can`t spend a lot of money for their hobby. So debating about the price is reasonable.

I honestly believe thinking about the price in comparison to other sims / games / DLC's is the wrong way to go.

When considering if something is "good value for money" I usually like to take the following 2 factors into consideration.

1. Do I have the money to spend?
  2. Do I think I will get my own personal level of value / fun / happiness from what is on offer vs the price.
So for me, yes, I have £20 to spend so that's 1 question answered. Then I think of fun vs cost. Will these 11 cars in a sim I rate highly give me £20 worth of joy, over the next 12 / 18 / 24 months. Simply put, yes, without any shadow of a doubt.

So for me, the decision is an absolute no brainer. 11 cars, a new championship, 52 liveries, GT4 game modes, ability to race them online in multi-class events. For £20. Bargain.

Again, that's only my take, other opinions will of course differ. I don't care where the price is compared to other sims, I only care if i think I will get my own personal monies worth from the fun it brings.

$20 US is a bit too much for this. The last DLC was only $15, and it included new tracks. I'm sure the GT4s are great and all, but I'll have to pass at this price.

When 20 USD is to much for such an amazing DLC;) I really dont know what to say. Generation I want everything but for free:) I wait till the days arrive when guys like you walk into a Ferrari store and tell them 300'000 is to much....20'000 would be enough;)

I honestly believe thinking about the price in comparison to other sims / games / DLC's is the wrong way to go.

When considering if something is "good value for money" I usually like to take the following 2 factors into consideration.

1. Do I have the money to spend?
  2. Do I think I will get my own personal level of value / fun / happiness from what is on offer vs the price.
So for me, yes, I have £20 to spend so that's 1 question answered. Then I think of fun vs cost. Will these 11 cars in a sim I rate highly give me £20 worth of joy, over the next 12 / 18 / 24 months. Simply put, yes, without any shadow of a doubt.

So for me, the decision is an absolute no brainer. 11 cars, a new championship, 52 liveries, GT4 game modes, ability to race them online in multi-class events. For £20. Bargain.

Again, that's only my take, other opinions will of course differ. I don't care where the price is compared to other sims, I only care if i think I will get my own personal monies worth from the fun it brings.
The issue here is not the price compared to other sims, but the pricing model in different countries. Here in the UK the DLC cost is 51% of the cost of the base game, but many territories have the DLC costing more than the base game - the worst-hit being Argentina, where the DLC costs over 300% more than the base game!

Argentinians got the worst out of the regional pricing, but it's really bad in many other countries :confused:

View attachment 388780 (Click thumbnail to expand)

So the wealthiest country's get the cheaper deal? That's wrong to me. (Although after this Covid pandemic i think we are all going to be 3rd world considering the debt we are racking up!)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back