Assetto Corsa Competizione | V1.5.2 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has been in receipt of another new hotfix today, the second such release since V1.5 of the simulation launched back in mid July.
  • Improvements to timing widget.
  • Minor multiplayer fixes and improvements.
  • Other miscellaneous fixes.

The second post V1.5 and GT4 DLC update for Assetto Corsa Competizione launched to the PC version of the simulation earlier today, and with it come a number of smaller fixes and improvements as Kunos Simulazioni continue to refine the current version of the game post update.

The V1.5.2 update comes fairly hot off of the heels from 1.5.1 that released just last week, and although featuring some useful changes around the UI and multiplayer aspects of the game in relation to multiclass racing, doesn't contain much in the way of significant change.

Of the most noteworthy items from the new build, the work around on screen timings in relation to other cars within the game are perhaps the most significant for players, and should hopefully produce a more accurate picture of a players current track position in relation to their rivals.

You can check out the update changes below:

v1.5.2 Changelog

GAMEPLAY:

• Added a minimum pitstop time of 1 second for stop&go-style mandatory stops.
UI:
  • Realtime widget: fixed inaccurate gap values versus cars in pitlane during race sessions.
  • Realtime widget: fixed incorrect gaps to cars ahead of the focused car when there are cars in pitlane in between and reduced likelihood of gap spikes.
  • Realtime widget: cars in pitlane are now filtered during non-race sessions if the focused car is on track.
  • Realtime widget: more accurate gap calculation for cars stopped on track.
  • Removed automatic brake change check in the MFD Pitstop strategy unless the brakes are worn out.
  • SetupPage: added "use current pressures" button in the pit strategy panel which copies the current setup's tyre pressures to the currently active pit strategy.
CONTROLS:
  • Added direct-to-page bindings for MFD: realtime, standings, electronics and pitstop. In multiclass mode the standings binding will cycle between overall and class standings.
  • MFD direct-to-page bindings support long-press hiding like the MFD cycling binding.
  • Re-evaluated combined bindings (using the shift binding) on press, should fix situations when binding a shifted button would also trigger the unshifted binding (e.g. look left-right).
GRAPHICS:
  • Minor fixes on the Ginetta custom designs.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Fixed additional BoP values resetting on driver swaps.
  • Rejoining now is blocked as intended if the server is running out of grid slots, preventing double assignments.
  • Fixed grid position mismatches in situations where many unique cars connect/disconnect during Q sessions.
  • Endurance sessions with huge grids (> 48 cars with teams) now receive the session results without issue.
  • Fixed a bug where the last drivers couldn't join during endurance sessions with huge grids (> 48 cars with teams).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Hotfix 1.jpg

Last edited:
It's not.
You (gamers in general) always assume if something is not at the level you expect it's because devs did not put enough effort into it. I wish it was like that.

Gamedev does not work like that, effort is not related to results most of the time... nothing is "written" or "solved", devs have to come up with solutions that do not exists, intuitions can come or not, or come and be totally wrong.

I'd say that in the 2-3 years of ACC development my time has been divided 5%/95% physics/AI.. I wouldn't consider 95% of your most senior dev an "afterthought"... it's just a very very hard problem to solve when it comes to racecraft because it's a tiny balance between trying to get as close as possible to the car in front and, at the same time, avoid contacts at all costs.. these are 2 requirements working against each other.

Hopefully the team can come up with something better in the future by coming from a different angle.

Yes sorry the word "afterthought" was misused by me, i kinda meant they (you) get AI to a certain level then for whatever reasons they're left for other tasks/priorities before they're "finished" so to speak. Obviously in Kunos' case you left a gaping hole they needed to fill and with regards to AI it doesn't look like they've filled it yet, but alas on the outside that is a pure guess of course, my hope is they are continuing with your fine work or as you say looking at it from a different angle.

My thoughts stem from the above and with RF2, even though I'm more than aware of S397s priority list and know the AI is not yet ready to be improved, you do notice that time ticks on so these "thoughts" of AI progression in some Sims coming to a grinding halt can't be helped.

On the flip side look how long it took iRacing to add AI, they've finally done it and it's very good, I just hope they also keep pushing it forward and take it as far as they can.
IMO the more Sims with more advanced AI the better, i just wish there was a little more emphasis on it in general :)

so these "thoughts" of AI progression in some Sims coming to a grinding halt can't be helped.

Sadly you can't go on eBay and type "racing simulation AI programmer" and solve the problem.

You'll be able to count the amount of people in the entire world who can claim (with proofs) to be able to solve AI racecraft in simulation on one hand... actually that number is probably closer to 0 considering that no sim gets it 100% right yet.

So the situation it very likely to be like that because there's no other viable solution available not because companies are not willing to take on the challenge.

If I was still running a racing sim studio I'd probably opt to open up a C++ interface to allow people to have a go at it via plugins.. great way to spot new talents.

Liked the latest DLC.

Still to come...

Realtime widget:
View attachment 393187

View attachment 393186

Get rid of this nonsense, or leave it on consoles.
You still insist in that lie after you already know that since that was implemented it was possible to hide it, and server admins can even disable it completely. Server admins don't disable it because most of the people are ok with it as it avoids quite a lot of mess in the starts that was happening before that feature existed. The community took a decission that you dislike and instead of blame the community you blame the sim for offering that choice. It is fair if you dislike the sim and or the community of that sim, but at least man up and say it openly instead of comming across as a pitiful hater that hides behind lies.

You still insist in that lie after you already know that since that was implemented it was possible to hide it, and server admins can even disable it completely. Server admins don't disable it because most of the people are ok with it as it avoids quite a lot of mess in the starts that was happening before that feature existed. The community took a decission that you dislike and instead of blame the community you blame the sim for offering that choice. It is fair if you dislike the sim and or the community of that sim, but at least man up and say it openly instead of comming across as a pitiful hater that hides behind lies.
Listen,
What lies? You people got into sim racing because of it's increased popularity and didn't want to be left behind by other friends or real men doing this for ages! The community didn't make a decision, they cried about it cause they were new to ultra-realism in sim racing. And the lame devs bowed to their cries. There was nothing wrong with the limiter, people used to stall cars, you could go around them or crash into them if weren't paying attention! THAT'S RACING! Cry babies like you couldn't live with the race being over before it even began! The game wasn't meant for the masses, it was targeted to the pros!. Now they even implemented ghosting on the start grid, race starts are a clown show now with people going in and out of cars obstructing your view. These widgets are not there to help people getting into simracing, they are not there to stop cheating! They're there to ruin what was once the most beautiful and promising realistic GT3 simulator out there. WAS, it's a GT3 simcade now, something you newbies are completely fine with.

Stick to your mythological Final Fantasy Naruto Anime whatever games normally play and leave sim racing to people who are into real stuff.

STAY IN YOUR LANE:
Slider.jpg

Listen,
What lies? You people got into sim racing because of it's increased popularity and didn't want to be left behind by other friends or real men doing this for ages! The community didn't make a decision, they cried about it cause they were new to ultra-realism in sim racing. And the lame devs bowed to their cries. There was nothing wrong with the limiter, people used to stall cars, you could go around them or crash into them if weren't paying attention! THAT'S RACING! Cry babies like you couldn't live with the race being over before it even began! The game wasn't meant for the masses, it was targeted to the pros!. Now they even implemented ghosting on the start grid, race starts are a clown show now with people going in and out of cars obstructing your view. These widgets are not there to help people getting into simracing, they are not there to stop cheating! They're there to ruin what was once the most beautiful and promising realistic GT3 simulator out there. WAS, it's a GT3 simcade now, something you newbies are completely fine with.

Stick to your mythological Final Fantasy Naruto Anime whatever games normally play and leave sim racing to people who are into real stuff.

STAY IN YOUR LANE:
View attachment 393511
Lol dude, you're playing a video game in front of a screen.

Sadly you can't go on eBay and type "racing simulation AI programmer" and solve the problem.

You'll be able to count the amount of people in the entire world who can claim (with proofs) to be able to solve AI racecraft in simulation on one hand... actually that number is probably closer to 0 considering that no sim gets it 100% right yet.

So the situation it very likely to be like that because there's no other viable solution available not because companies are not willing to take on the challenge.

If I was still running a racing sim studio I'd probably opt to open up a C++ interface to allow people to have a go at it via plugins.. great way to spot new talents.

Stefano, thanks for replying and acknowledging that most of the work has been put towards the physics side...and in general that's usually a good thing. I don't think you need bleeding edge AI for this title, but for a good number of us the AI in ACC is the worst out of any of the major sims (rf2, AMS, iRacing, R3E). If these smaller (except for iRacing) teams can figure out how to improve the AI, i've got 100% confidence that you and your team can as well.

Hoping we can finally get some focus on this area and see some improvements.

Recently got into this title and really enjoying it to the point I purchased all the available DLC's.

Few things I'd like to see improved.
Some of the cars feel fantastic and have excellent ffb details...a good portion feel like a bungee cord that tightens than releases for understeer with some random bumps with no sense of feel in the front end and give little to no information during slides. Niels mentioned this in his video as well.
Now before you get all up in arms about my comment. I am leaning towards a possible Thrustmaster issue. I read on the forms they had issues in the past and I've seen several comments all from Thrustmaster users claiming a bungee cord feel.
I be also mentioned lack of effects being triggered until all four tires are driven over and object but none with only two tires.

Al I find is not bad overall...tho I have noticed two issues.
You can be chasing down an ai for several laps having an amazing race than you finally make a pass...just to watch him disappear in your mirror never to be seen again unless you make a mistake.

The other issue...I was having another great race, was in second and the leader was pulling away a bit...a yellow came out due to a spinned car roughly 3 turns ahead. When I approached the incident there was a car facing backwards in the middle of the track, a car stopped behind it than the leader stopped behind him...letting me pass to take the victory.

VR for the most part is really good...tho I'd love to see another performance pass lol
My only gripe is on some cars the display dash is clear and readable while others are completely blurry and unreadable.

Other than those I am really liking the whole GT experience.

Last edited:
Aris said in one of his streams that he didn't think there would be any improvements to the AI. I'm not sure if that means they will never work on it or if it means they had nothing planned at the moment.

There's a good number of people that have been complaining about the AI, posting videos and pics of how bad it is for a good amount of time now and they've done nothing. The AI in the original AC wasn't good either so I'm starting to think they either don't know how to do it or just don't want to do it.

lately kunos become a snoob old lady who thing all they do its amazing and all the (negative) Criticism comes from trolls, haters that eventually block into their forums and social media, so dont expect much from them.

Used to watch aris in youtube but he is so arrongant like saying they put everything in the console version, they did an amazing port, that run at 30fps well yeah deal with it, is all there

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%