Assetto Corsa Competizione | V1.5.2 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione has been in receipt of another new hotfix today, the second such release since V1.5 of the simulation launched back in mid July.
  • Improvements to timing widget.
  • Minor multiplayer fixes and improvements.
  • Other miscellaneous fixes.

The second post V1.5 and GT4 DLC update for Assetto Corsa Competizione launched to the PC version of the simulation earlier today, and with it come a number of smaller fixes and improvements as Kunos Simulazioni continue to refine the current version of the game post update.

The V1.5.2 update comes fairly hot off of the heels from 1.5.1 that released just last week, and although featuring some useful changes around the UI and multiplayer aspects of the game in relation to multiclass racing, doesn't contain much in the way of significant change.

Of the most noteworthy items from the new build, the work around on screen timings in relation to other cars within the game are perhaps the most significant for players, and should hopefully produce a more accurate picture of a players current track position in relation to their rivals.

You can check out the update changes below:

v1.5.2 Changelog

GAMEPLAY:

• Added a minimum pitstop time of 1 second for stop&go-style mandatory stops.
UI:
  • Realtime widget: fixed inaccurate gap values versus cars in pitlane during race sessions.
  • Realtime widget: fixed incorrect gaps to cars ahead of the focused car when there are cars in pitlane in between and reduced likelihood of gap spikes.
  • Realtime widget: cars in pitlane are now filtered during non-race sessions if the focused car is on track.
  • Realtime widget: more accurate gap calculation for cars stopped on track.
  • Removed automatic brake change check in the MFD Pitstop strategy unless the brakes are worn out.
  • SetupPage: added "use current pressures" button in the pit strategy panel which copies the current setup's tyre pressures to the currently active pit strategy.
CONTROLS:
  • Added direct-to-page bindings for MFD: realtime, standings, electronics and pitstop. In multiclass mode the standings binding will cycle between overall and class standings.
  • MFD direct-to-page bindings support long-press hiding like the MFD cycling binding.
  • Re-evaluated combined bindings (using the shift binding) on press, should fix situations when binding a shifted button would also trigger the unshifted binding (e.g. look left-right).
GRAPHICS:
  • Minor fixes on the Ginetta custom designs.
MULTIPLAYER:
  • Fixed additional BoP values resetting on driver swaps.
  • Rejoining now is blocked as intended if the server is running out of grid slots, preventing double assignments.
  • Fixed grid position mismatches in situations where many unique cars connect/disconnect during Q sessions.
  • Endurance sessions with huge grids (> 48 cars with teams) now receive the session results without issue.
  • Fixed a bug where the last drivers couldn't join during endurance sessions with huge grids (> 48 cars with teams).

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC Hotfix 1.jpg

Last edited:
Have Kunos abandoned work on the AI since Stefano left? :coffee:

Genuine question, there's been very little in the way of change log activity regarding AI in recent updates this calendar year.

Aris said in one of his streams that he didn't think there would be any improvements to the AI. I'm not sure if that means they will never work on it or if it means they had nothing planned at the moment.

There's a good number of people that have been complaining about the AI, posting videos and pics of how bad it is for a good amount of time now and they've done nothing. The AI in the original AC wasn't good either so I'm starting to think they either don't know how to do it or just don't want to do it.

Aris said in one of his streams that he didn't think there would be any improvements to the AI. I'm not sure if that means they will never work on it or if it means they had nothing planned at the moment.

There's a good number of people that have been complaining about the AI, posting videos and pics of how bad it is for a good amount of time now and they've done nothing. The AI in the original AC wasn't good either so I'm starting to think they either don't know how to do it or just don't want to do it.

Well that's disappointing if true, I'll never understand why AI has become somewhat of an afterthought with some Sims. Seems Devs don't really want to try and take it to the next level, there so much potential to create an incredible offline experience, oh well.

I'll never understand why AI has become somewhat of an afterthought with some Sims.

It's not.
You (gamers in general) always assume if something is not at the level you expect it's because devs did not put enough effort into it. I wish it was like that.

Gamedev does not work like that, effort is not related to results most of the time... nothing is "written" or "solved", devs have to come up with solutions that do not exists, intuitions can come or not, or come and be totally wrong.

I'd say that in the 2-3 years of ACC development my time has been divided 5%/95% physics/AI.. I wouldn't consider 95% of your most senior dev an "afterthought"... it's just a very very hard problem to solve when it comes to racecraft because it's a tiny balance between trying to get as close as possible to the car in front and, at the same time, avoid contacts at all costs.. these are 2 requirements working against each other.

Hopefully the team can come up with something better in the future by coming from a different angle.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing