Assetto Corsa Competizione V1.1 - Preview Footage and Interview With Aris

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
We take the upcoming new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione out for a spin, and talk to one of the men behind the magic, Kunos Simulazioni's @Aristotelis

This new update for Assetto Corsa Competizione comes with quite a bit of anticipation from the sim racing community... with V1.1 set to launch onto our gaming PCs chock full of new content, new features and a nice mix of new and improved fixes and enhancements for the official simulation of the Blancpain GT Series.

One of the highest profile new features for ACC is undoubtedly the introduction of triple screen support - something that has been often requested by the sim racing community, and coupled with the return of animated pit crews and plenty of new car models and a track, v1.1 is certainly set to be a favourite with sim racing fans.

As the new build release is now right around the corner, we thought it might be fun to have a spin with the upcoming version of the game while speaking with non other than Kunos physics developer, and all round nice guy, Aristotelis Vasilakos.

Catch the new video at the head of this article, and if you want to know what the new Zandvoort Circuit looks like on a fast lap, check out the RaceDepartment YouTube channel in the next couple of hours or so...

The upcoming build of Assetto Corsa Competizione will be publicly available in the very, very near future - and all for free!

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Attachments

• Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Aris Interview.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 482
My takeaways:

1) Loss of grip/aero following another car very closely: This is something I always hear about in real racing but yet to experience in any sim. This sounds exciting
2) Judging by the footage, the 720S will be available for racing and not only hotlapping.
3) 2018 cars BoP review: Which I'm pretty sure means the BMW will be faster now.
4) Slight to moderate changes in tracks physics: This is exciting as it will be like rediscovering some of the tracks
5) Pit crew animation: Yes!!! Finally!!!!
6) And of course 2019 season and all it implies

Cant wait!!

I just get the impression they are incapable of working with the Unreal Engine. I mean just look at the pit-crew and how they move, from a fully frozen state to frame-by-frame with very choppy movement and to finish it off your whole crew just teleports away in 2019?

And judging by your video, lights and shadows are still weak and flickers? I just can't wrap my head around it, I mean gone are the days and excuses of ACC being in "early access", but how much time do they need to get the basics right?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%