Assetto Corsa Competizione: V1.0.8 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC V1.0.8 Update.jpg

A new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released!

V1.0.8 of Assetto Corsa Competizione is now available to download, and with the new build comes a range of optimisations and fixes for the official Blancpain GT Series racing game. Of the highlights from this fresh new build, special attention has been lavished on the AI blue flag behaviour within the sim, which should hopefully go some way towards improving the offline racing experience when racing in traffic against the AI.

Check out the full details of the new build below:

GENERAL:
  • Fixed “Skip Intro Sequence” setting not working.
  • Added driverStintTimeLeft and driverStintTotalTimeLeft to sharedMemory.
  • Added rainTyres flag to shared memory and digital displays.
  • Fixed sessions in shared memory, added session index.
  • Fixed current lap time in shared memory, added deltaLapTime and estimatedLapTime.
  • Fixed bug with fuelUsed value in shared memory.
  • Fixed tripDistance in shared memory.
  • NOTE: more documentation on shared memory data is available in the following link:
  • https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-shared-memory-documentation.59965/
  • Replay version is changed.
  • Fixed MOTEC venue name bug.
  • Exposed forceFeedbackIntervalSteps in the controls.json in documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config to increase Force Feedback frequency (0= 333Hz 1=222Hz 2=111Hz, default is 2).
  • NOTE: high-end wheels will benefit from using a higher frequency, but older wheels should keep setting "2" for compatibility.
GAMEPLAY:
  • AI now observes blue flags vs. player and other AI cars.
  • Fixed inconsistent and wrong Career preset values (notably extra long Qualifying sessions in Endurance races when playing in "Long" mode).
  • Practice sessions are now globally limited to 60 minutes.
  • Added pitlane open/closed logic to stop the AI from entering the pits in the first lap in mixed weather conditions.
  • NOTE: the pitlane now opens when the leader completes the 1st lap. If the player pits before the pitlane is open, there will be no pit crew ready.
  • Championship code structure reviewed.
  • NOTE: polesitters are going to take 1 point.
  • Possible fix for AI late pit-exit limiter deactivation at Monza.
  • Added cutting warnings in Savegame.
  • Added session fuel consumption to Savegame.
  • Fixed superfluous RaceComm messages when loading a Savegame.
  • Fixed AI running faster for a few minutes after loading a Savegame.
  • NOTE: these fixes will require new game saves to function correctly. Loading older saves will still lack the correct data.
  • Fixed various crashes that could occur when exiting the replay.
  • Added automatic driver swap in the MFD when pitting.
  • NOTE: in Sprint races, the MFD will automatically jump to the next driver when entering the pits, and driver swap will be blanked out outside of the pit window.
  • Fixed a bug with ghost car after returning to pit.
  • Fixed Helicam remaining enabled on session change.
  • Fixed Silverstone full formation lap bug with AI.
  • Reduced yellow flag relative speed threshold.
  • Fix for a bug with the Ferrari after a garage teleport, where the car would continue a lap down due to a respawn glitch.
  • Fixed fuel time calculation for pitstops based on how much fuel the car already has - previously the refuel time in free refuel mode depended on refuel amount, regardless of how much fuel the car already had.
  • Fixed pitlane entry message for AI (and better pitlane entry for Barcelona).
  • Fixed wrong assists applied when returning from special modes, such as Career.
  • Increased session overtime in Career events from 2 mins to 3 mins.
  • Fixed different professionalism bonus texts in the Career.
  • Completely reworked Custom Championship architecture.
  • Fixed Custom Championship entry generation.
  • Fixed qualifying rule based on number of races in Custom Race Weekend mode.
  • AI flash lights when lapping.
  • New system for safer car location state.
  • AI now slow down to get space in qualifying.
  • AI now uses current delta time to aid in the decision to abort a qualify lap to take space.
  • Fixed potential crashes during reverse replay.
  • Updated and fixed pit triggers for all tracks.
  • Fixed possible wrong states on consecutive replays of restarted sessions.
  • Fixed yellow flag warning during podium sequence.
  • Fix for Savegame gamemode that was saving a different value after a different game load.
AUDIO:
  • Fixed potential crash with audio comms disabled.
  • Tweaked audio behavior for external sound fading (to fix inconsistent audio in F3/F7 cameras).
  • Fixed gear compressor timing for the Porsche 991II GT3 Cup.
  • Added basic car spotter
  • Added new audio warnings for flags
  • Added new audio messages for stint ending and stint over
VR/TRACKING:
  • Fix for the reset view (Ctrl+Space) not working with menus and HUD layers when using the HTC Vive (Steam VR plugin).
  • Enabled trackIR in freecam (F7) and chasecam (F1) views.
  • Fixed inverted axis in TrackIR.
UI/HUD:
  • Fixed showroom being zoomed on triple-screen resolutions.
  • NOTE: the new FOV is applied after a game restart.
  • Added Stats page to the Driver profile UI.
  • Added the possibility to enable the spotter in the Audio options.
  • Fixed tyre set selector issues in the pitstop strategy section of the Setup/MFD.
  • Game Mode helper texts revised in the UI.
  • Stabilized realtime leaderboard in the starting phase of the race.
  • MFD: certain elements now allow continuous increase/decrease on button down (fuel, tyre pressures, brake bias).
  • Fixed a condition when the MFD weather forecast wouldn't update.
  • MFD: driver selector is now locked in pit window modes once the player has completed the mandatory stop.
  • Fixed leaderboard race number on points table page.
  • Added nationality on leaderboard page / points table.
  • Fixed selectors on leaderboard page.
  • Added personal best laptimes to loading screens and Singleplayer Circuit Info.
  • Fixed and tweaked multiple Custom Race Weekend and Custom Championship options in the UI.
  • Added driver stint rule message on the pitstop MFD page.
  • Fixed fuel test slider inconsistencies.
  • Updated Rating Profile Help texts.
  • Removed replay button visibility without recorded time.
  • Added penalty indicator to HUD standings and realtime track position widget (also affects pitmenu standings and broadcast HUD).
  • Numerous text description and navigation-related corrections all across the UI.
  • More obvious indication on the HUD when the driver stint goes into overtime.
GRAPHICS:
  • More effective advanced sharpen filter in video settings.
  • Fixed polystyrene distance markers inverted in Brands Hatch.
  • Fixed various visual bugs on the Hungaroring and Brands Hatch.
  • Fixed graphical LOD issue on the Porsche Cup.
  • Various graphical updates on the Audi R8 LMS.
  • Added driverStintTimeLeft and driverStintTotalTimeLeft pages to the Racelogic display.
  • Racelogic pages rearranged (laptime, delta, stint driven, stint time left, total driving time left). Default key to cycle is ALT+D.
  • Tweaked RPM lights layout for the Bentley Continental GT3 2018.
  • Fixed a bug with ligth cones when opponents visibility was used (focused car had front lights off after changing car with Shift+Arrows).
  • More consistent placeholder values on dash displays.
PHYSICS:
  • Wet asphalt water film depth now influences aerodynamics.
  • NOTE: you might need to raise your ride height up to 4-5mm to regain the same splitter and diffuser balance and performance on a wet track.
  • General UI setup and MFD tyre pressure logic refactoring. No more automagic for ambient pressures.
  • Whatever the ambient temperature, the slicks are now preheated at 70°C and you can input the pressure you want for that preheated temperature.
  • Preset setups are already adjusted. Old saved setups will start with very low pressures and you generally need to add 4 to 5 psi extra.
  • Simply put a tyre pressure you desire, usually 2psi less than the hot pressure you want, and go.Minimum tyre pressures now at 20.3psi, as per Pirelli document request. Pay attention as the pressure can get lower than that when the tyres get cold without blankets while waiting at the grid start and can easily deflate on kerbs.
  • Fixed MFD pitstops screen tyre pressures.
  • All cars updated preset setups with new tyre pressures.
  • Improved flat tyres grip, you should now be able to return to pits with a flat tyre.
  • Fixed high fuel consumption under pit limiter.
  • Fixed engine consumption in idle.
  • Tyre blankets for slick tyres now at 70°C.
  • Optimum tyre pressure tweaks.
  • Fixed ignition on by default with manual engine start in certain cars.
  • Fixed motion data stopping in the middle of the cooldown lap.
  • Fixed incorrect AI tyre pressures after a pitstop.
  • Honda NSX GT3 fuel consumption tweaks.
  • Mclaren 650S GT3 improved TC logic.
  • Fixes in Lexus RC F GT3 fast damper preset setup.
  • New aggressive Barcelona preset setup for Audi R8 LMS, Mercedes-AMG GT3, Lamborghini Huracán GT3, Bentley Continental GT3 2018, Porsche 991 GT3-R, Ferrari 488 GT3.
MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
  • Increased the minimum pre-race time to 80s for public MP, decreased to min 5s for private MP.
  • Small improvement to the MP formation lap, preventing the ability to outrun the leader with good timing.
  • Servers won't spam "late" warnings for event resets.
  • Fixed ghostcar (disconnected car) during MP replay.
  • RC Rating was rewritten and now works again both in SP and MP.
  • RC will start at 0 while the old Elo value is still remembered.
  • Numerous SA Rating improvements. Most changes raise the requirements to gain Trust, so global SA ratings are expected to drop a few points.
  • Fixed a bug where lifting on straights would generate Trust.
  • SA and RC will change at a slower rate for low AI strength (< 90%), while the balance between Trust and OBWP is untouched.
  • Fixed FP2 and Q2 not displayed in server list.
  • Enabled collision bag for both MP and SP. SA penalties should only be applied to cars that are "root" contacts, no OBWPs for being caught in a mass accident.
  • Fixed replay auto save in MP when the weekend changes.
  • Server passwords are now stored.
  • Increased low-latency (LAN servers) ping accuracy, possibly removing jittering. The effects will also improve regular Multiplayer netcode prediction, but won't be as significant.
  • Added DT, 5s, 15s penalties as admin commands.
  • The driver swap info widget is now more compact.
  • Numerous fixes to driver swaps situations.
  • Team names are now visible in MP.
  • Netcode preparation for new pitstop rules, preview instructions will be added in the forum.
  • Server weather configuration now has more weight on the cloud level, configuring high cloud levels drastically improve the chances of rain (when dynamic weather is used).
  • Server weather configuration now uses rain level as a chance for a completely rainy weekend (when dynamic weather is used). Server admins can use both weatherRandomness and rain level to achieve different types of random rain experience.
  • Enabled the collection of new driver statistics.
  • Possible fix for MFD crash in MP when changing pit strategy after a driver swap.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
LOL...... proper triple screen support would be more of a priority imo.
I deleted the game a while ago, since it became clear that it was not going to happen.
A shame really...

I am aware of the limitations brought by that :poop:UE4 engine.
But I don't agree with the "we knew this" part, nor do I agree that it looks great. Maybe if you play only ACC, you get used to it again, but switching from any other title to ACC makes it look like crap. I get nausea, miss my apexes, can't see my mirrors, have a wrong impression of speed and distances, for me simply unplayable
"We knew this" ... we did not, and Kunos NEVER made that clear, even not at this point (afaik). They only suggest to move to a wide screen solution. :O_o:
Which is why I keep repeating myself.
And yes, I played R3E when triple screen support was not implemented yet, but mostly when I still had one screen. When I moved to triples, my interest fainted until they added the right support.
AC - rF2 - AMS - R3E - pCars2 all have proper triple screen support and then, as a newer title, Kunos manages to bring a new game without it.
And it is not just me...I know a lot of guys that have a triple setup and shelved ACC for this reason.
I don't care about the price I paid (it was very low anyway), but I hoped for a fantastic GT3 sim, and while it probably is, it is not for owners of a triple setup, which is really sad.

I can only hope that if Kunos brings the much talked about AC2, they will NOT use that UE4 engine again.
I feel with you, being a die hard triple screen sim racer myself and I would not touch a racing sim that doesn't properly support it.
Luckily I have since a long time setup my screens at a smaller angle than you (30º angled from the center screen) which is just enough angle to have benefits from proper multi screen projection and yet it seems to be just small enough to run non-multi-view software such as the current ACC build with available workarounds and get a solid performance.
The workaround as you know is just that - a workaround - it is in no way ideal but it at least allows us to counter the perspective distortion of a single view render to be displayed somewhat believable on moderately angled triple screens.

To me currently the general improvements in the ACC physics department are simply so incredibly vast over any other racing sims I regularly race (all of them but iRacing) that I actually look past the current triple screen state and enjoy the amazing feel of tires, car's inertia, great force feedback, changing surface conditions, visiblity changes, amazing sound and really, really close racing on first rate tracks.

Granted I am not a first and foremost GT3 fan (I like them and race them regularly but first and foremost I live, breathe, eat and sleep GT endurance racers from the late 60's to the early 90's preferably from a single manufacturer out of Zuffenhausen - THAT is the racing stuff my wet dreams are made off).
Still every time I get into an online race with friends on a good server and get to race ACC with them it is pure bliss.

Kunos as a business and particularly the developers literally working their asses off (I know, they do) have actually a really solid track record of working very, very hard to get their product to satisfy the user base.

When ACC was released into EA and later 1.0 and it was clear back then that back then there was no triple screen multi view rendering included yet I was just as disappointed as you and for a long, long stretch I would only fire up ACC occasionally when a new patch was released and rarely every used it much beyond that (kind of how I treat rF2 to this day).
When the current workaround post processing Panini trick was introduced I (while kicking and screaming) spent a looooooong time to find suitable settings that gave me a solid compromise to be able to race ACC with friends online - it works well (as a workaround).

I am sure that as we speak as the devs work relentless on bug fixing and (re-) introducing feature after feature at some point getting proper multi view triple screen rendering to work with the UE4 engine in ACC is on a very long to do list and all we have to do is just to be patient.

Look how long it took a certain developer to realize how important AI is to racing sims - or look at the glacial development pace of another racing sim that is in perpetual development - or look at how long it took to get variable tire pressures in another racing sim, … ;-)

I would never have ever expected for example for Kunos to have evolved the racing sim tire model into what we have now in ACC - I think Kunos is good for a few surprises in the future they always were.

I have noticed the head support blocking the view and that’s another issue in itself: I find it hard to believe that a racing driver IRL would have the seat adjusted so far forward that the passenger side mirror is obstructed by the head support...safety net possibly, but the head support?

Here is a tip:
Use the combination of:
- FOV
- seat forward/backward
- seat left/right

… and you will get a solid view in almost all cars (some are more difficult than others).
Unfortunately trying to go for accurately calculated FOV is rarely every working perfectly so I use that only as a starting point and then adjust the above parameters until I get a good view at my mirrors while the car is still believably life-sized (very hard on triple 27" - one really needs ideally three projectors instead).

I know I am going to regret this but here we go.

So can you tell me where the wheel supposed to pull when you brake? Left or right?

When you are breaking your are transfering weight to front wheels, so your suspensions are working harder, so your wheel should feel heavier since forces applied to front wheels are much more important (unless you are sliding of course). So if you turn while breaking (which you should do btw, check trail breaking on google if you don't know, but I doubt it), you should feel your wheel getting heavier.

In ACC, you don't. In iRacing or RF2, you do.

quick question to the 2 that disagree : what part don't you agreee with ? Those "quicky tags" are so retarded...

This "retarded" comment:
Something like 100% of serious simracers have either triple, either ultrawide or VR, if you are just playing, then ok but it is supposed to be a SIMULATION, not a GAME ! You can still play Forza or PC2 after all.

I see red!!!!!....Don't anyone dare "diss" people that cannot afford the latest and greatest kit or those that may have other priorities in their lives. I for one am an enthusiastic participant in this hobby and will continue to involve myself in and enjoy this great past time.
May I suggest that any "elitist" attitudes be left at the door and that this great past time be enjoyed for what it is.. a past time /a hobby or an escape from the crap that fills our daily lives.
Just sayin.

This "retarded" comment:

This "retarded" comment is just a fact. If you don't use this kind of hardware, then you are not what I call a "serious" simracer, you can't be. It doesn't mean you are bad at simracing, it just means you are not dedicated to it.

The problem is when ppl state that "triple screen is useless or history", this kind of statement is so false it is not even funny to deal with it. You can't be efficient if you can't see what surrounds you in simracing, period.

Last edited:
I see red!!!!!....Don't anyone dare "diss" people that cannot afford the latest and greatest kit or those that may have other priorities in their lives. I for one am an enthusiastic participant in this hobby and will continue to involve myself in and enjoy this great past time.
May I suggest that any "elitist" attitudes be left at the door and that this great past time be enjoyed for what it is.. a past time /a hobby or an escape from the crap that fills our daily lives.
Just sayin.

Nobody is judging you for not being an "elitist", the problem is when an "elitist" is saying that ACC is lacking important features or is not realistic, other ppl are flaming them because they enjoy ACC. You have the right to enjoy what you want as long as you don't lecture those that are much more "in the subject" and that are in need of realism.

ACC was, from day one of the project, presented as "the most realistic simulation for BlancPain series". It is just completely false, from VERY far. And reasons are easy to expose and prove but there are ppl here that are just flaming them because they enjoy ACC and can't stand the truth.

If you enjoy ACC, that's fine with me, we just won't discuss of its accuracy and realism, it is still enjoyable even for me, I just don't understand why some very important features are missing.

When you are breaking your are transfering weight to front wheels, so your suspensions are working harder, so your wheel should feel heavier since forces applied to front wheels are much more important (unless you are sliding of course). So if you turn while breaking (which you should do btw, check trail breaking on google if you don't know, but I doubt it), you should feel your wheel getting heavier.

You “should”, but I guess you never did one irl, did you?

I have driven a few different cars in track days and, as long as you have power steering, you can’t feel this effect. Even in non power steering cars the weight while trail braking is negligible.

And I say “should” because you’re only thinking in a semi static case: weight is being transferred, so it must feel heavier. The issue with this train of thought is that you’re putting aside the gyroscopic effect, aka dynamic behavior, of the tires that almost nullify what you are expecting. Not to mention all the suspension geometry wizardry/geometry, like caster, that also counter this.

That being said, I would like to point out that I’m not disagreeing with your comments about acc, just to make clear.

Last edited:
You “should”, but I guess you never did one irl, did you?

I have driven a few different cars in track days and, as long as you have power steering, you can’t feel this effect. Even in non power steering cars the weight while trail braking is negligible.

And I say “should” because you’re only thinking in a semi static case: weight is being transferred, so it must feel heavier. The issue with this train of thought is that you’re putting aside the gyroscopic effect, aka dynamic behavior, of the tires that almost nullify what you are expecting. Not to mention all the suspension geometry wizardry/geometry, like caster, that also counter this.

That being said, I would like to point out that I’m not disagreeing with your comments about acc, just to make clear.

Ok, I drove several race cars already but even without that, my own familly car is heavily power steered (not sure we call it that way but we all now what we are dealing with) and I feel my steering wheel getting heavier when I trail break. This is basic physics, there is no way you can't feel it. God, even with a bike you feel it, of course !

As a comparison, try rf2 or iRacing (which is not that impressive when we talk about ffb), you'll see what I'm talking about.

Gyroscopic effect or dunno what other effect won't nullify at all the weight transfer, thus the reaction, even in a perfectly balanced car.

Last edited:
I thought Kunos is on vacation and then they the roll another massive update out, wow! I've upgraded my PC 3 weeks ago and never played any other racing title since then. Love it! Keep up the good work guys! :thumbsup:

The whole FFB feels numb like it’s downed two bottles of Campari and a few Aperol Spritz...

None of the updates have done jack to change any of this. Other sims feel fine or amazing, but ACC feels like garbage on my G27.

I'm running on 1.0.9 and did a 1hr Monza endurance career race last night and the AI are on hard level, but f*** me its not easy trying to avoid them whilst over taking or just braking into corners.

Racing wise its close and enjoyable, hence why I keep racing offline, but on the flip side I also hate it when I keep losing SR as the AI keep hitting me either in the rear or side or even braking sharply for no reason causing me to hit them, my SR dropped 5 points in 1 race...

For example braking into turn 1, I would close in fast on a back marker but then as I get beside him he suddenly matches my braking and we go in side by side, he also aggressively holds the inside line into the corner so we go round it side by side, coming out of it he moves over and cuts my nose off.

Another time when going into the pits the AI pulls across and comes in front again very aggressively.

I have aggression on the lowest, so it would be nice to remove SR from offline races, or make it less of an impact at least to your SR?

Sorry for the moan, I was looking forward to the update but it just seems to have made it worse for me.

The whole FFB feels numb like it’s downed two bottles of Campari and a few Aperol Spritz...

None of the updates have done jack to change any of this. Other sims feel fine or amazing, but ACC feels like garbage on my G27.

I have a G920 and noticed the FFB felt weaker with the latest updates, I had to up the gain to 80 but it didn't really make much difference and felt kinda stiffer if that makes sense, not as smooth as it was before.

That effect is most definitely present in rF2 but I find that it's over exaggerated when compared to real life track cars.

ACC doesn't seem to have this effect at all.

For me, subjectively, somewhere in the middle would be a closer approximation of what I have experienced irl.

Having said that, I find the ffb in both of these titles very satisfying and the best that we have at the moment.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.6%