Assetto Corsa Competizione: V1.0.8 Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC V1.0.8 Update.jpg

A new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione has been released!

V1.0.8 of Assetto Corsa Competizione is now available to download, and with the new build comes a range of optimisations and fixes for the official Blancpain GT Series racing game. Of the highlights from this fresh new build, special attention has been lavished on the AI blue flag behaviour within the sim, which should hopefully go some way towards improving the offline racing experience when racing in traffic against the AI.

Check out the full details of the new build below:

GENERAL:
  • Fixed “Skip Intro Sequence” setting not working.
  • Added driverStintTimeLeft and driverStintTotalTimeLeft to sharedMemory.
  • Added rainTyres flag to shared memory and digital displays.
  • Fixed sessions in shared memory, added session index.
  • Fixed current lap time in shared memory, added deltaLapTime and estimatedLapTime.
  • Fixed bug with fuelUsed value in shared memory.
  • Fixed tripDistance in shared memory.
  • NOTE: more documentation on shared memory data is available in the following link:
  • https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-shared-memory-documentation.59965/
  • Replay version is changed.
  • Fixed MOTEC venue name bug.
  • Exposed forceFeedbackIntervalSteps in the controls.json in documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Config to increase Force Feedback frequency (0= 333Hz 1=222Hz 2=111Hz, default is 2).
  • NOTE: high-end wheels will benefit from using a higher frequency, but older wheels should keep setting "2" for compatibility.
GAMEPLAY:
  • AI now observes blue flags vs. player and other AI cars.
  • Fixed inconsistent and wrong Career preset values (notably extra long Qualifying sessions in Endurance races when playing in "Long" mode).
  • Practice sessions are now globally limited to 60 minutes.
  • Added pitlane open/closed logic to stop the AI from entering the pits in the first lap in mixed weather conditions.
  • NOTE: the pitlane now opens when the leader completes the 1st lap. If the player pits before the pitlane is open, there will be no pit crew ready.
  • Championship code structure reviewed.
  • NOTE: polesitters are going to take 1 point.
  • Possible fix for AI late pit-exit limiter deactivation at Monza.
  • Added cutting warnings in Savegame.
  • Added session fuel consumption to Savegame.
  • Fixed superfluous RaceComm messages when loading a Savegame.
  • Fixed AI running faster for a few minutes after loading a Savegame.
  • NOTE: these fixes will require new game saves to function correctly. Loading older saves will still lack the correct data.
  • Fixed various crashes that could occur when exiting the replay.
  • Added automatic driver swap in the MFD when pitting.
  • NOTE: in Sprint races, the MFD will automatically jump to the next driver when entering the pits, and driver swap will be blanked out outside of the pit window.
  • Fixed a bug with ghost car after returning to pit.
  • Fixed Helicam remaining enabled on session change.
  • Fixed Silverstone full formation lap bug with AI.
  • Reduced yellow flag relative speed threshold.
  • Fix for a bug with the Ferrari after a garage teleport, where the car would continue a lap down due to a respawn glitch.
  • Fixed fuel time calculation for pitstops based on how much fuel the car already has - previously the refuel time in free refuel mode depended on refuel amount, regardless of how much fuel the car already had.
  • Fixed pitlane entry message for AI (and better pitlane entry for Barcelona).
  • Fixed wrong assists applied when returning from special modes, such as Career.
  • Increased session overtime in Career events from 2 mins to 3 mins.
  • Fixed different professionalism bonus texts in the Career.
  • Completely reworked Custom Championship architecture.
  • Fixed Custom Championship entry generation.
  • Fixed qualifying rule based on number of races in Custom Race Weekend mode.
  • AI flash lights when lapping.
  • New system for safer car location state.
  • AI now slow down to get space in qualifying.
  • AI now uses current delta time to aid in the decision to abort a qualify lap to take space.
  • Fixed potential crashes during reverse replay.
  • Updated and fixed pit triggers for all tracks.
  • Fixed possible wrong states on consecutive replays of restarted sessions.
  • Fixed yellow flag warning during podium sequence.
  • Fix for Savegame gamemode that was saving a different value after a different game load.
AUDIO:
  • Fixed potential crash with audio comms disabled.
  • Tweaked audio behavior for external sound fading (to fix inconsistent audio in F3/F7 cameras).
  • Fixed gear compressor timing for the Porsche 991II GT3 Cup.
  • Added basic car spotter
  • Added new audio warnings for flags
  • Added new audio messages for stint ending and stint over
VR/TRACKING:
  • Fix for the reset view (Ctrl+Space) not working with menus and HUD layers when using the HTC Vive (Steam VR plugin).
  • Enabled trackIR in freecam (F7) and chasecam (F1) views.
  • Fixed inverted axis in TrackIR.
UI/HUD:
  • Fixed showroom being zoomed on triple-screen resolutions.
  • NOTE: the new FOV is applied after a game restart.
  • Added Stats page to the Driver profile UI.
  • Added the possibility to enable the spotter in the Audio options.
  • Fixed tyre set selector issues in the pitstop strategy section of the Setup/MFD.
  • Game Mode helper texts revised in the UI.
  • Stabilized realtime leaderboard in the starting phase of the race.
  • MFD: certain elements now allow continuous increase/decrease on button down (fuel, tyre pressures, brake bias).
  • Fixed a condition when the MFD weather forecast wouldn't update.
  • MFD: driver selector is now locked in pit window modes once the player has completed the mandatory stop.
  • Fixed leaderboard race number on points table page.
  • Added nationality on leaderboard page / points table.
  • Fixed selectors on leaderboard page.
  • Added personal best laptimes to loading screens and Singleplayer Circuit Info.
  • Fixed and tweaked multiple Custom Race Weekend and Custom Championship options in the UI.
  • Added driver stint rule message on the pitstop MFD page.
  • Fixed fuel test slider inconsistencies.
  • Updated Rating Profile Help texts.
  • Removed replay button visibility without recorded time.
  • Added penalty indicator to HUD standings and realtime track position widget (also affects pitmenu standings and broadcast HUD).
  • Numerous text description and navigation-related corrections all across the UI.
  • More obvious indication on the HUD when the driver stint goes into overtime.
GRAPHICS:
  • More effective advanced sharpen filter in video settings.
  • Fixed polystyrene distance markers inverted in Brands Hatch.
  • Fixed various visual bugs on the Hungaroring and Brands Hatch.
  • Fixed graphical LOD issue on the Porsche Cup.
  • Various graphical updates on the Audi R8 LMS.
  • Added driverStintTimeLeft and driverStintTotalTimeLeft pages to the Racelogic display.
  • Racelogic pages rearranged (laptime, delta, stint driven, stint time left, total driving time left). Default key to cycle is ALT+D.
  • Tweaked RPM lights layout for the Bentley Continental GT3 2018.
  • Fixed a bug with ligth cones when opponents visibility was used (focused car had front lights off after changing car with Shift+Arrows).
  • More consistent placeholder values on dash displays.
PHYSICS:
  • Wet asphalt water film depth now influences aerodynamics.
  • NOTE: you might need to raise your ride height up to 4-5mm to regain the same splitter and diffuser balance and performance on a wet track.
  • General UI setup and MFD tyre pressure logic refactoring. No more automagic for ambient pressures.
  • Whatever the ambient temperature, the slicks are now preheated at 70°C and you can input the pressure you want for that preheated temperature.
  • Preset setups are already adjusted. Old saved setups will start with very low pressures and you generally need to add 4 to 5 psi extra.
  • Simply put a tyre pressure you desire, usually 2psi less than the hot pressure you want, and go.Minimum tyre pressures now at 20.3psi, as per Pirelli document request. Pay attention as the pressure can get lower than that when the tyres get cold without blankets while waiting at the grid start and can easily deflate on kerbs.
  • Fixed MFD pitstops screen tyre pressures.
  • All cars updated preset setups with new tyre pressures.
  • Improved flat tyres grip, you should now be able to return to pits with a flat tyre.
  • Fixed high fuel consumption under pit limiter.
  • Fixed engine consumption in idle.
  • Tyre blankets for slick tyres now at 70°C.
  • Optimum tyre pressure tweaks.
  • Fixed ignition on by default with manual engine start in certain cars.
  • Fixed motion data stopping in the middle of the cooldown lap.
  • Fixed incorrect AI tyre pressures after a pitstop.
  • Honda NSX GT3 fuel consumption tweaks.
  • Mclaren 650S GT3 improved TC logic.
  • Fixes in Lexus RC F GT3 fast damper preset setup.
  • New aggressive Barcelona preset setup for Audi R8 LMS, Mercedes-AMG GT3, Lamborghini Huracán GT3, Bentley Continental GT3 2018, Porsche 991 GT3-R, Ferrari 488 GT3.
MULTIPLAYER & RATINGS:
  • Increased the minimum pre-race time to 80s for public MP, decreased to min 5s for private MP.
  • Small improvement to the MP formation lap, preventing the ability to outrun the leader with good timing.
  • Servers won't spam "late" warnings for event resets.
  • Fixed ghostcar (disconnected car) during MP replay.
  • RC Rating was rewritten and now works again both in SP and MP.
  • RC will start at 0 while the old Elo value is still remembered.
  • Numerous SA Rating improvements. Most changes raise the requirements to gain Trust, so global SA ratings are expected to drop a few points.
  • Fixed a bug where lifting on straights would generate Trust.
  • SA and RC will change at a slower rate for low AI strength (< 90%), while the balance between Trust and OBWP is untouched.
  • Fixed FP2 and Q2 not displayed in server list.
  • Enabled collision bag for both MP and SP. SA penalties should only be applied to cars that are "root" contacts, no OBWPs for being caught in a mass accident.
  • Fixed replay auto save in MP when the weekend changes.
  • Server passwords are now stored.
  • Increased low-latency (LAN servers) ping accuracy, possibly removing jittering. The effects will also improve regular Multiplayer netcode prediction, but won't be as significant.
  • Added DT, 5s, 15s penalties as admin commands.
  • The driver swap info widget is now more compact.
  • Numerous fixes to driver swaps situations.
  • Team names are now visible in MP.
  • Netcode preparation for new pitstop rules, preview instructions will be added in the forum.
  • Server weather configuration now has more weight on the cloud level, configuring high cloud levels drastically improve the chances of rain (when dynamic weather is used).
  • Server weather configuration now uses rain level as a chance for a completely rainy weekend (when dynamic weather is used). Server admins can use both weatherRandomness and rain level to achieve different types of random rain experience.
  • Enabled the collection of new driver statistics.
  • Possible fix for MFD crash in MP when changing pit strategy after a driver swap.

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
The AI slow up is a game killer for me. AI constantly spoils my qualifying laps by slowing down mid track several corners before start/finish line. 20 minute qualifying at Zolder AI killed 4 of my laps. Kunos if you're going to add a feature like this get it right, because the frustration level of this title has just gone through the roof.

@Fanapryde It is a limitation of the UE4 engine. We knew this. Still looks great on my triples, though support would be nice for sure. (you played R3E when they didn't have support..no?)

I am aware of the limitations brought by that :poop:UE4 engine.
But I don't agree with the "we knew this" part, nor do I agree that it looks great. Maybe if you play only ACC, you get used to it again, but switching from any other title to ACC makes it look like crap. I get nausea, miss my apexes, can't see my mirrors, have a wrong impression of speed and distances, for me simply unplayable
"We knew this" ... we did not, and Kunos NEVER made that clear, even not at this point (afaik). They only suggest to move to a wide screen solution. :O_o:
Which is why I keep repeating myself.
And yes, I played R3E when triple screen support was not implemented yet, but mostly when I still had one screen. When I moved to triples, my interest fainted until they added the right support.
AC - rF2 - AMS - R3E - pCars2 all have proper triple screen support and then, as a newer title, Kunos manages to bring a new game without it.
And it is not just me...I know a lot of guys that have a triple setup and shelved ACC for this reason.
I don't care about the price I paid (it was very low anyway), but I hoped for a fantastic GT3 sim, and while it probably is, it is not for owners of a triple setup, which is really sad.

I can only hope that if Kunos brings the much talked about AC2, they will NOT use that UE4 engine again.

Last edited:
I don't follow all the news, but I have not heard Kunos themselves taling about AC2, it was mostly AC fans who do it, if I got it right.
Same here. Why would they in the first place? ACC is on the market, lots of potential to be explored.
Also: To be more precise ACC is stored as "AC2" in your folder structure. ;)

@Fanapryde : The "No triples, no buy" gets rather old, therefore the reactions from others, I presume. Other than that you CAN use three monitors. There is even a distortion correction, right? Maybe Kunos will implement a native triples support ...but then everybody will be upset because their setup can't handle it.

Not sure what people are on about these days with graphics? I’m on a Rift S and it’s very good now. If I could run a bit more pixel density it would be even better but still... I primarily run the Huracan in ACC, few days ago I wanted to see what AC looked like with the new Rift S so I jumped in to the same car there, it looked very dated, shadows were night and day worse then AC, the lighting overall wasn’t great, the interior looked dull and lifeless and the whole track just looked strange... there’s a distinct lack of any kind of fine detail in AC. It’s a bit clearer, but it is so because there’s nothing to see where now there are details in ACC that bring it all to life a lot more.

Lighting and shadow are the biggest thing that makes people perceive something as being real as that’s how we see the real world, it’s all light bouncing of stuff, ACC has this very well sorted, the rest is just resolution, increases to that is inevitability

Amazed by Kunos' work done here.
Yesterday tried SP mode and during qualy AI pulled over nicely when they "saw me in coming".
During race lapped AI pulled over, too.
Fantastic and adds a lot to immersion.
I think I'll stay offline for a wile to save myself from nervous breakdown caused by rammers online.

1.07 did it for me in VR, it was a huge improvement that I put down to the CPU optimization as it ran without the stutters on a full field AI or on a large fielded multiplayer server. If you guys are saying better things about 1.08, than life is getting better for everybody:)

They're really tightening the game up now, the upcoming 2019 update will drive new impetus, and the Intercontinental GT Challenge series DLC will hammer it home.

Very good work on this 1.08 ... but one main thing needs to be urgently modified:
this crazy system of Load/Save setup .... 2 apart buttons need to be created and not both in a single one.

Actually, the system is the best to loose a just prepared setup using Load in place of Save .... or loosing time between Qualifying session and Race session trying to load a setup while in Save tab.

Same here. Why would they in the first place? ACC is on the market, lots of potential to be explored.
Also: To be more precise ACC is stored as "AC2" in your folder structure. ;)

@Fanapryde : The "No triples, no buy" gets rather old, therefore the reactions from others, I presume. Other than that you CAN use three monitors. There is even a distortion correction, right? Maybe Kunos will implement a native triples support ...but then everybody will be upset because their setup can't handle it.

Respectfully, if you don't have triples, then you might not understand why we're arguing this point.

The distortion correction "fix" isn't the same as true triple screen support...the current solution is basically still a single screen field of view, i.e. the field of view is very narrow for triples, compared to all other fully supported sims (which is every sim of the last 5 years except ACC, so it's not like it's an outlandish thing we're asking for). In terms of FOV, it's the equivalent of racing in 4:3 aspect ratio on a single 16:9 monitor or having just a 60 degree FOV in VR: You're missing information on the sides that you're used to seeing. In every other sim I can see out the entire window of both doors on my side monitors (that is the correct FOV for my setup)...but in ACC I can't. You CAN try to force it to that distance, but then the vertical FOV is completely wrong/distorted (you're seeing the roof and floor in a "vertical fisheye" way). Not to mention the resolution in the center monitor is significantly lowered because of the distortion fix. Also, the more the distortion fix is applied, the closer the FOV gets (i.e. it reduces the FOV), so you're almost right back where you started. Lots of compromises for a "solution" that every non-triples user suggest we just accept and stop complaining...please try to see it from our perspective.

Also, this isn't a "No triples, no buy"...lots of us bought the sim already way back in early access; I know this because I remember many of us voicing these concerns from v0.1.0.

The only thing I miss, in VR, is the possibility of watching race stats in monitor and not the VR Headset reproyection.
It´s a fantastic feature to load setups, change options, wait for session ending, without having to do it with the helmet on

Where did I ever mention "No triples, no buy"?
I have ACC from early access...so...
And yes, granted you CAN use three monitors, but to have it look a bit decent you need to place them as one big flat screen. Any /realistic angle reveals the flaw. My screens are angled at 50° for all sims and changing that is a lot of work, and even if it was not, I want to see the cars next to me NEXT to me, not in front, nor do I like to see stretched cars/tree/bushes/billboards/crowd/corners.

That distortion correction is just crap, no more, no less.

And I don't realy understand why people without triple setups always want to disagree with others that are asking proper support ? If there's no VR support in a game and people keep asking, why should I disagree ? The more people are satisfied, the better I should think.
Strange behaviour if you ask me...

You do have a point with your last remark, triple support will need a powerful PC, but then we can either upgrade our hardware or lower the graphic settings, but at least the realistic view will be there.

Last edited:
@BP @Fanapryde

Point taken.
I am not sure this feature was promised from the start. Competitors have this feature, I know. It also makes sense to have it, yes. Kunos explained why it is not in and difficult to implement. They said they will look into it. Not sure what more you can expect?

On the point of not having the complete field of view. I wrote on another thread that I tried my 32:9 ultrawide with EDTracker to have a better view through the side windows. What I found is, that the gain is minimal since the view is obstructed by safety net and head support of the seat. Which means I cannot really see out of the side windows anyway.
Thoughts?

@BP @Fanapryde

Point taken.
I am not sure this feature was promised from the start. Competitors have this feature, I know. It also makes sense to have it, yes. Kunos explained why it is not in and difficult to implement. They said they will look into it. Not sure what more you can expect?

On the point of not having the complete field of view. I wrote on another thread that I tried my 32:9 ultrawide with EDTracker to have a better view through the side windows. What I found is, that the gain is minimal since the view is obstructed by safety net and head support of the seat. Which means I cannot really see out of the side windows anyway.
Thoughts?

How can someone seriously create a simracing game without taking into account what hardware simracers have ? Triple screen is not an option, it is a De Facto need !

Like having proper FFB, ACC have a nice FFB as long as you don't break or accelerate, when you do you don't feel it in the wheel which is impossible, even the heaviest assisted drive let you feel the weight of your car when you break while turning, it is basic physics...and yet in ACC, you don't feel it at all in the wheel.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%