Assetto Corsa Competizione: V1.0.8 Update Released

tlsmikey

500RPM
Appreciate the updates that Kunos is giving us and i've been very vocal about the need for triple support in the future.

On the topic of FFB, I think it's gotten a bit better but I'm not sure it's the best on the market right now. The cars seem to slide, catch, slide, catch. If you push them hard, they slide wide and then catch. It's hard for me to explain but it doesn't feel quite right. Run the Porsche Cup Car which is what I use as a benchmark for physics/ffb in most sims. That car is still very hard to drive because of the lack of feel of weight transfer and load from the rear of the car.

The FFB is good right now, but there are definitely improvements that can be made.

The Porsche is the only car I don´t feel real, natural.
Did you start a new setup in v1.08/9? Tyre model changed, old setups are not working well.
FFB Frequency= 333 Mhz helps with the control of the car.

MPortnoy

250RPM
Something like 100% of serious simracers have either triple, either ultrawide or VR
LMAO, ok you lost me there.
Just because I get motion sickness with VR or have a more limited view in a single screen vs triples doesn't mean I'm less serious about simracing than you. You're one of those who think having a nice rig automatically transforms you into Max Verstappen :roflmao:

You have no clue then, did you ever try iRacing or even better, rFactor 2 to see the difference ?
Yes thank you, I played rFactor 2 exclusively for 3 years until ACC came out. Still play rF2 occasionally.

I don't think my system is to blame, don't you ?
No, you are for not knowing how to set it up correctly. I have a perfectly modest TS-PC Racer and have great FBB in both rF2 and ACC :thumbsup:

Evi

25RPM
:thumbsup:
No. This is when I am passing them. See how you assumed they were passing me? Strange world we live in.
Then there should be no problem at all - just qualify on pole and leave them eating your dust right from the start. And when you caught the last one by a lap, just stay there and relax.

It's racing we are talking here - go faster is solution to everything.:thumbsup:

Mickdrs

50RPM
Alot of updats recently V1.0.10 now. FFB is still not great, I've been playing with gt cars in Rfactor the last few weeks & then I go back to this, it just feels like nothing

protonv5

500RPM
:thumbsup:
Then there should be no problem at all - just qualify on pole and leave them eating your dust right from the start. And when you caught the last one by a lap, just stay there and relax.

It's racing we are talking here - go faster is solution to everything.:thumbsup:
There is no problem. You obviously misunderstood the post.

That effect is most definitely present in rF2 but I find that it's over exaggerated when compared to real life track cars.

ACC doesn't seem to have this effect at all.

For me, subjectively, somewhere in the middle would be a closer approximation of what I have experienced irl.

Having said that, I find the ffb in both of these titles very satisfying and the best that we have at the moment.
Yes, by default it is a bit too much, you can fix this in config files, can't remember where but surely in the controller one.

Speaking of FFB. T300 User here. Did i miss something, is there any recommendations i terms of ini. Files pro Therapie steering options. ?
I mean the FF feels good for me. But thats it only good. Some details seems missing. I prefer the FF on AC, RR, AMS ‍♂ .
Steering strenght 75%
Road 15%
Min. strenght 5%

MPortnoy

250RPM
It's perfectly simple. Money makes you better.
I can agree to a certain degree that better pedals and a better wheel can make you more consistent. You still need to explain that to the aliens that use a G25. ;)

A completely different thing is agreeing with his moronic statement "Something like 100% of serious simracers have either triple, either ultrawide or VR". If you agree with that point of view, I have nothing to say to you either :rolleyes:

Turk

1000RPM
I can agree to a certain degree that better pedals and a better wheel can make you more consistent. You still need to explain that to the aliens that use a G25. ;)
Just to be clear, because this is the internet. I'm being sarcastic. Money does not make you better at sim racing. Hours of practice do.

Hi
another question. Can someone explain me the game please :O_o:
Championship --> 2.Race (Monza) --> 30. Minutes endurance series.
3 drivers -> so the game want me to do 15 minutes stins per driver.:cautious: How i am supposed to do that in 30 minutes ? Is the game still bugged at this point...do someone else have this problem.
I tried to change to a 1hour race. But the game wants now to do 25 minutes stints. :devilish:
I dont get it. I just play this singleplayer championships, but it`s not possible.... please help :)

ThugUK

500RPM
Speaking of FFB.
Is anyone using an AF DD V2?
I have good feeling of the road but not losing the front end and slip.
What settings, both in game and in SC, are best?

sentry87

10RPM
Hi
another question. Can someone explain me the game please :O_o:
Championship --> 2.Race (Monza) --> 30. Minutes endurance series.
3 drivers -> so the game want me to do 15 minutes stins per driver.:cautious: How i am supposed to do that in 30 minutes ? Is the game still bugged at this point...do someone else have this problem.
I tried to change to a 1hour race. But the game wants now to do 25 minutes stints. :devilish:
I dont get it. I just play this singleplayer championships, but it`s not possible.... please help :)
That just means maximum 15 or 25 minute stints. The extra 5 minutes is a bit of leeway. Those aren't minimum drive times, they're maximum.

BCJM76

50RPM
Can someone help me with the forceFeedbackIntervalSteps in the controls.jsn. I've gone through the file and I can't seem to find that line....

Can someone help me with the forceFeedbackIntervalSteps in the controls.jsn. I've gone through the file and I can't seem to find that line....
It should be at the very end at this file. If not change something in your FFB settings ingame, save it and leave the game. The entry should be created in this way.

Top Bottom