Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Update.jpg

The latest new build of Assetto Corsa Competizione is here - with plenty of multiplayer fixes included.

Firmly looking to address some of the online multiplayer issues that have arisen since Assetto Corsa Competizione dropped into full V1 release earlier this year, the new 1.0.5 build of the official Blancpain GT Series racing simulation is live and available to download next time you start your Steam client.

Although online multiplayer is by far the dominant focus of this new build, other small updates and improvements across the game have made it into the update, including the welcome tyre wear pitstop bug that affected some players in longer distance races.

ACC Build 1.0.5 Update Notes:

GENERAL:
  • Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
  • Added logs for autosave replay issue.
RATING & MULTIPLAYER:
  • Minor changes to the server ping system.
  • Fixed CP servers memorizing disconnected users in certain situations.
  • Added 2nd results json file (via dumpLeaderboards) that contains more information.
  • Enabled Lumirank display in Multiplayer.
  • (Slightly) reduced amount of necessary netcode packets, especially while other cars are changing setups.
  • Fixed server trying to connect to the secondary lobby backend first.
  • Race weekend resets now reset the track grip as intended again.
  • Added configuration option "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty".
  • Added "forceEntryList" option for non-public servers.
  • Fixed "maxClientsOverride" not working as indented, including the calculation for spectator slots left on busy servers.
  • Improved "/next" admin command, which now always forces the end of the session instead of skipping to the next one.
  • Race weekend simulation now allows to chain sessions, so the weather and track condition will just carry over.
  • CP Servers will now chain the Qualifying session into the Race session, so the starting conditions are well known.
  • Teleports of own car will now re-focus it in the last drivable camera.
  • The initial CP Rating (until a certain amount of races/positions have been completed) changed. Winning points will move the CP Rating more directly to the target, while losing only gives a comparably tiny progress.
  • Improved backend stability, moved one in-memory cache layer to hard disk.
  • Server now creates the required folders if necessary.
  • The Pitstop MFD can now be used in FP and Q while driving in a team, allowing swaps in all session types.
  • Updated Server Admin Handbook v2 to cover: "Custom cars", "overrideCarModelForCustomCar", "customCar"; "forceEntryList"; "randomizeTrackWhenEmpty"
  • Fixed setup and timing serialization in driver swap situations. The car taking over should now be able to use the Pitstop MFD as intended.

GAMEPLAY:

• Fixed tyre wear incorrectly resetting in pit stops.
UI:
  • Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.
AUDIO:
  • Audio scale improvements.
PHYSICS:
  • Fixed Mercedes engine damage raising too much at engine limiter. Additional damage tweaks for Audi R8, Lamborghini Huracán and BMW M6.
  • Fixed Honda NSX too high fuel consumption.
  • Honda NSX AI tweaks.
  • Fixed missing Porsche aggressive Nurburgring setup.
  • Fixed astroturf grip level at some locations on Spa.
AI:
  • Improved AI movement when they are on the outside.

For more from the world of ACC, why not head over to our Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum and get yourself into the thick of the action? We have a great and knowledgeable community, plus some pretty epic League and Club Racing events, if I do say so myself. Go on, treat yourself!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

​

and which one of these were not obviously communicated and addressed since the very first announcement of ACC?
What expectations did we create that did not match what ACC is?

yes, it's true, but if you want more players for ACC you need to make a product that can displace your last product (AC), people can play with GT3 mods in AC, that are very good made, and, sincerely, the GT3 packs of RF2 are superb, i don't see incentives to buy ACC if i have AC with a lot of mods and RF2 with GT3 packs and more variety (Reiza pack, GTE, mods...), really i would pay for a game with only GT3 cars with better graphics? i think is not enough and this is the reason why ACC doesn't take off.

well, for the Blancpain series fan like me, it's the whole package that seals the deal, that's why anything that is present in the real life series and not recreated in the game is what hurts the most atm (apart from not being able to save games in the middle of the race), if I wanted other cras/tracks/race formats, I wouldn't buy an officially licensed Blancpain series product, would I?
Besides, I'm still hoping for them to recreate the whole weekend with all classes involved (GT4 and Formula Renault), maybe in two years time I'd say.

yes, it's true, but if you want more players for ACC you need to make a product that can displace your last product (AC)

Except that we don't want the entire userbase from AC to migrate to ACC, why would we? AC is still generating revenue, we are the happiest if the two can coexist, as they clearly don't have the same audience.
It's weird that we have to spell it out after this much time, but ACC is not a successor to AC, it comes from a specific partnership and has a specific focus, both in content and gameplay, which happens to be a popular racing class and our first contact with the world of e-sports, it was never intended to replace AC (or be an iRacing or <insert random sim> killer for that matter, which is also a popular misconception).
We chose a platform that allowed us to deliver something with short lead time with features we didn't even dream about before. Yes, it comes with hardships and compromises, and we're continuing to tackle them as currently this product is enjoying our focus in 100%, and there is more cool stuff to come.

Last edited:
People keep saying the same about rFactor2, doesn't help much with user base.
AC is the most complete and finished (thanks to mods) package to day.
Kunos hired an engineer to help Aris with suspension development; Aris himself told us about the tire model improvements, it is however a natural evolution of a new product or do you think they are demoted?
Also rF2 has a little better physics and FFB than AC, it is useless to deny it and it is not subjective.
Then that AC is a better package than rF2 or even ACC for variety of contents, this we don't deny it,
as it is evident that set well with gain, minimum force and dinamic damping, ACC is better than AC.

I bought ACC as well, just to add it to my collection of simracing games. So far I installed:
Kartkraft: Do not work properly with my OSW.
rF: Historical interest, did not play it for 4 years. However, I was some kind of reseller of this. I love it.
rF2: I swear I will play it after the long awaited new UI will be published. And i bought this with lifetime support..
AC: The sim I play since I switched from rF. Good in almost every aspect.
ACC: Sorry, but after 2 1/2 years with VR, where you get proper car and enviroment sizes, correct speed immersion and so much more: There's no way to go back playing at single screen. VR is the key feature for me because immersion is everything for me. So please tune up VR and I will play ACC...

I think Charles.De Gaule once said: "Chacun ressens ce qu'il lui manque plutôt qu'il n'apprécie ce qu'il a..."

After reading the first 4 pages of reviews/post here, I'll stick with plain old AC... for now.
My tipping point you ask ? Nordschleife.... (I Love the "Green Hell"... even if it doesn't love me back at times) Home is where the hart is I Guess..
Whatever "floats your Boat"

Thanks to all those who gave their opinions. You've helped me make-up my mind.
I'm off having fun ! Life is too short...

A nice day to everyone !

i am going to tell you something, where is the god .... manual

i back up the game, but, and i'm going to let it on the cellar,may be it will mature there

it has no spirit,yet

EDIT: because the disagree :
and the esport is a niche it will finish like a money thing, no fun but money, good simulation guys

Last edited:
Except that we don't want the entire userbase from AC to migrate to ACC, why would we? AC is still generating revenue, we are the happiest if the two can coexist, as they clearly don't have the same audience.
It's weird that we have to spell it out after this much time, but ACC is not a successor to AC, it comes from a specific partnership and has a specific focus, both in content and gameplay, which happens to be a popular racing class and our first contact with the world of e-sports, it was never intended to replace AC (or be an iRacing or <insert random sim> killer for that matter, which is also a popular misconception).
We chose a platform that allowed us to deliver something with short lead time with features we didn't even dream about before. Yes, it comes with hardships and compromises, and we're continuing to tackle them as currently this product is enjoying our focus in 100%, and there is more cool stuff to come.
But why argue about this? This is not the main point, yet here is where you come into the discussion.
No offense at all intended, but I think, and others would agree, that what is needed is a roadmap of what is to come. What is Kunos' plan for the remainder of this month and over the next six months? Will you address this? Seems to me that Kunos is avoiding discussing this at all costs. Please fill us in in this regard. I think it would help immensely. It's difficult to continue with a sim when deep down you think it's partly failed and that perhaps this is all it will be. So, any comment from anyone at Kunos on this?

But why argue about this? This is not the main point, yet here is where you come into the discussion.
No offense at all intended, but I think, and others would agree, that what is needed is a roadmap of what is to come. What is Kunos' plan for the remainder of this month and over the next six months? Will you address this? Seems to me that Kunos is avoiding discussing this at all costs. Please fill us in in this regard. I think it would help immensely. It's difficult to continue with a sim when deep down you think it's partly failed and that perhaps this is all it will be. So, any comment from anyone at Kunos on this?
Disagree/disagree. Lol. I guess you guys don't want to know then.
Ok Kunos. These guys are fine not knowing, so never mind. LOL

Disagree/disagree. Lol. I guess you guys don't want to know then.
Ok Kunos. These guys are fine not knowing, so never mind. LOL
Well, Stefano was kind enough to take time out to leave a disagree. Very nice.
Of course no time was taken to actually be helpful and answer my question.
This is the sad state of things.
I rarely comment any more. I thought I would and ask a question about this. But I can see that it's pointless.
The developer doesn't care about his customers.
It reminds me of what I already knew about Kunos.
Good luck with the game Stefano.

i am going to tell you something, where is the god .... manual

i back up the game, but, and i'm going to let it on the cellar,may be it will mature there

it has no spirit,yet

EDIT: because the disagree :
and the esport is a niche it will finish like a money thing, no fun but money, good simulation guys

in reply to myself and a manual maturation:
could we see the settings people use in @ESPORT? or is it licensed? or a secret? how did they learn? are they top athlets that could write a manual? it could be a nice career scénario,where you can earn money making a manual

Well, Stefano was kind enough to take time out to leave a disagree. Very nice.
Of course no time was taken to actually be helpful and answer my question.
This is the sad state of things.
I rarely comment any more. I thought I would and ask a question about this. But I can see that it's pointless.
The developer doesn't care about his customers.
It reminds me of what I already knew about Kunos.
Good luck with the game Stefano.
Stefano has stopped by yet again to leave another quick disagree. Yet no time to actually answer the question again. Well, I always said, 'You get out what you put in'. Stefano, be nice to your customers and it works out in the end.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back