Assetto Corsa Competizione, The Official Blancpain GT Series Game Announced!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Top GT3 licence, UE4 graphics, day to night cycle, dynamic weather, advanced physics with a focus on realism.. is Assetto Corsa Competizione the sim we've all been waiting for?

When Kunos Simulazioni hinted at a big announcement a few days ago, many thought it would simply be a case of confirming another licence for the already well developed Assetto Corsa software, or at the very most a potential AC2 first announcement. Not so, the team over in Italy have been hard at work behind the scenes developing a very exciting new piece of software, and what is more the new Assetto Corsa Competizione title will focus on a single racing category, the incredible Blancpain Endurance GT3 series.. a welcome hark back to the days when racing simulation developers focussed all their attention to detail on a specific racing series, something that Kunos are keen to replication with this newly announced IP.

Assetto Corsa Competizione 1.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione 2.jpg

Assetto Corsa Competizione 4.jpg

Set to feature a pretty significant shift away from the basis of the Assetto Corsa title we all know and love, Kunos have confirmed that AC Competizione will feature what are described as "photo realistic" graphics thanks to the use of the incredibly powerful Unreal Engine 4 graphics engine, allowing Kunos to move away from the single light source solution of Assetto Corsa and finally bring both time of day and weather effects to their racing game - a must when you consider the Spa 24 Hour is a key event in the real life Blancpain championship.

Assetto Corsa Competizione 3.jpg

As well as the obvious visual benefits brought from a move to Unreal 4 (see screenshots attached to this article), another key talking point from the simulation announcement comes by way of confirmation that Kunos are looking to build a sizable offline career mode around the new game, with driving school tutorials making a welcome return to a popular modern day simulation.

Alongside what promises to be a substantial offline element, the initial press release indicates that Kunos are also aiming to make considerable changes to the way Assetto Corsa veterans experience online play, with an eye on the emerging eSport marketplace the Italian developers are promising a well rounded ranking and matchmaking online system, potentially encouraging a much more evenly balanced online experience and less of those famous public lobby first corner crashes...

Assetto Corsa Competizione 6.jpg

Although only initially announced this afternoon, it looks like development is well on the way with this exceptionally exciting new title. Projected for a summer Steam EA release, I'll leave you with the new trailer to get the juices flowing for now...

Assetto Corsa Competizione should be available on Steam Early Access Summer 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. We host quality League and Club Racing events, have a selection of fantastic mods to download and some of the best community conversation. Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Excited? Looking forward to the new title? Let us know below!
cleardot.gif

Has anybody stated that it should be made for Win 7 ?
I know I stated I hoped it would be, but no where did I state it should be. Maybe someone else did?

ps, have you read this:
kunos said:
I can confirm you that it won't be a DX12 (only) game as UE4 potentially supports multiple APIs.

Minimum requirements are not to be trusted at the moment, they're just there because the Steam page required us to put them in. The more we approach the release the more they'll be more realistic.

link?

Since ACC will be aimed at eSports, multiplayer, and Racing... would kinda make sense for every DLC pack to be a full series. Like Blancpain GT4, somewhere in 2019 or 2020.

More expensive and larger DLC packs. With larger time gaps between them. With the required new tracks and all cars in that series, all released in one go. So there is never incomplete grids, and lonely cars.

I like my street cars... but to be honest they don't fit idea of competitive eSports or ranked, ultrarealistic racing. I wouldn't mind if ACC will be only about race cars, really. It just makes sense. It could be a platform for several new series, several years.

If modding can be allowed, they could make street cars etc.

at least we have few second of game footage,not like dakar,
i like AC a lot, i tweak it and play with it a lot,lets hope it will remain as modable as ac is(but with a licence i doubt it),with a bit less sound update,and a few more tracks,the cars will follow i am sure...
i will...it is all i know

FANTASTICO!

Glorious news, I'm excited like a kid ahahaha I love GT3 cars.
A dream comes true!
And Misano International Circuit, the track close to where I live, finally will be laserscanned :D

Who is up for a WeatherTech SportsCar Championship DLC in the future? :p

Bentley, Bentley, Bentley. Aston, Aston, Aston. M6, M6, M6. Jaguar, Jaguar, Jaguar. Lexus, Lexus, Lexus.

I'm hyped, I like this. Although the most moaning on the Facebook channel are, 'can we drive normal cars? Why is GT3 hyped?'

I'm perfectly fine with it just being GT3 cars, would rather have GT3 done right(i.e. with correct cars, liveries, tracks, rules etc.) than a random smorgasbord of stuff that you don't know what to do with

This are the ultimate news for me. Especially with the SRO license and all those features and european tracks. I remember really good times with GTR2, where i really have simulated a complete season shedule in realtime. Started out in early march, to test the car at a random track in Spain. Presented the team and driver in April in some "press releases" that i have writed only for me. Then went to the official tests at Paul Ricard HTTT, only to start the season in mid May in Monza. The hell i have a complete folder of "press releases" from my team lying around in my shelf, only to make my journey more realistic and interesting. And in the winter i didn`t stopped, writed down again press releases, of wich sponsor the team for the next season has won, where the team is gonna test in spring, wich tire the team has choose, what driver is gonna drive etc. etc.. Also for the raceweekends i have maked me timetables for the races and the tests. Got inspired by a timetable from the Saleen full speed racing team, wich i have found on flickr. And i really have followed my timetables on the minute. Yeah call me crazy, but i really have enjoyed those times and really wishing those back, only to get back into that serious motorsport- and teamfeeling, that i haved back then.

GTR2 had all of those features, to write such storys about a team competing in a endurance championship. Now reading, that Kunos is going to make a pure GT3 based simulator after all those years of waiting, is a pure pleasure. Really hope that ACC is gonna be a GTR3 with all those features an endurance fan is wishing for.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back