Assetto Corsa Competizione | The Mercedes AMG GT4 Trailer: Release Date Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A short break of a few days, then boom - trailer #4 for the upcoming GT4 DLC is here - featuring the Mercedes AMG.
  • Release date confirmed - July 15th 2020.
  • Mercedes AMG joins 11 car pack
  • New teaser trailer revealed
German engineering in a smaller package than GT3 fans are used to, the Mercedes AMG GT4 is a beautiful looking race car, and will form part of the upcoming GT4 DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione when it releases for the simulation this July 15th via the Steam platform.

BMW M4 GT4 Trailer: Click Here
KTM X-Bow GT4 Trailer; Click Here
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Trailer: Click Here

As well as the beautiful new teaser trailer from Kunos, we know know the new pack will be hitting the Steam Store on July 15th - so not long to wait until you can try these beasts out for yourself.

Update #1

AudiR8 trailer:

Oh, and we've got something very interesting lined up in a few days time, so stay tuned to the RD Social Media channels later today to find out what it is, and how you can view ;)

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Got questions? Head over to the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let the community be your guide!

ACC AMG Merc 2.png
ACC AMG Merc 1.png

Last edited:
Great I look forward to driving the GT4 DLC on PC.

You know what I'm going to ask though. Have d3t Ltd, Kunos and 505 games fixed the console version yet? In the press release, they said it was going to be 'quicker than you might expect'. The whole game remains a mess and the multiplayer is still blue screening on the PS4 - see at the time in the video below and for about the next 10mins afterwards.

No. FPS issues can be remedied with setting the time to low sun. Blue screen can be fixed quite easily but not necessarily what one might want to do. The cause of bluescreeing on PS4 is to do with large friends list. If you try multiplayer on a 2nd account with no or few friends you'll have no issues. Driveclub had this issue too and they had to rewrite the ui iirc.

Sounds to me like it has the same engine sound as the GT3, the 6.2L V8, when it should sound like the 4.0L V8
Yeah, and now the Audi also seems to share the sound from the GT3. That has the same sized V10 of course but it should sound much more like the street car, ultimately.

Now, the GT3 sounds are great of course, but more accurate variety in sounds would be even nicer. The BMW, KTM and Porsche did sound very accurate though.

I would hope this is fixed soon otherwise the British GT DLC later in the year won't make much sense if they can't race together like they do in real life
Devs seemed pretty adamant that it's not going to happen, sadly... Guess I'll resort to ini editing to at least try and see for myself if the AI plays well with it or not.

Why is it not allowed in single player?

The AI is not capable at the moment to deal with multiclass racing. Blue flags only work to an extent and reading between the lines, I don't get the sense they're interested in investing time to see if they can make it happen. It would've been nice but it is what it is.

I would hope this is fixed soon otherwise the British GT DLC later in the year won't make much sense if they can't race together like they do in real life

GT4 release will be based on the European GT4 Series and in their communications they're calling the tracks the "British Pack", which doesn't necessarily mean they'll release the full licensed British GT championship.
One of the devs said not long ago the tracks are just a track pack.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing