Assetto Corsa Competizione: Spa-Francorchamps Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Spa Preview 2.jpg

With release day getting ever closer, Kunos Simulazioni have revealed some preview images from the wonderful Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps that's set to join ACC later this month.

Set to play host to the biggest race of the Blancpain GT Series calendar - the Total 24 Hours of Spa, the legendary Belgian racing circuit is always a favourite amongst fans and drivers alike - and in Assetto Corsa Competizione we are set for one of the best versions of the track in any simulator to date.

Spa Gameplay: Check out the Aston Martin Vantage GT3 video in heavy rain conditions HERE.

With the game heading out of Early Access this May 29th, to help pass the time why not feast your eyes on these beautiful in-game images from one of the most iconic racing venues anywhere in the world...

ACC Spa Preview 1.jpg
ACC Spa Preview 3.jpg
ACC Spa Preview 4.jpg

For more Assetto Corsa Competizione news and discussion, head over to the ACC Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment. If you enjoy online racing yourself, you might enjoy our ACC League and Club Racing forum, a place to take in clean, fair and competitive online racing in this sim.

SRO E-Sport GT Series – Check out the latest news HERE.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Dear ACC racers -

We have noticed some concerns over our forum post regarding a more detailed definition of the feature "matchmaking" and multiplayer.

This topic has been widely shared and discussed over various platforms, resulting in and alluding to an incorrect conclusion that Assetto Corsa Competizione will not feature any matchmaking feature and that the 1.0 version will only come with a simple server list when it comes to "how to join a multiplayer race" inside the title.

Even though ACC will release in a short time, we would like to clarify the situation in order to allow all current or future customers to be clear about this whole topic. We invite you to keep in mind the following:

- Our Dev. Blog forum post aimed to clarify that ACC will not feature any automatic scheduling of multiplayer races, and we would like to underline that nothing of the sort was ever promised during the Early Access programme.

- Assetto Corsa Competizione does feature multiplayer matchmaking. This feature is made possible thanks to a brand new Rating System (that will evolve together with the game after release in order to work even better), and it will help all players to automatically join the best match according to their skills and safety on track. Our system will first sort the servers giving the proper weight to players' preferences and rating indicators and secondly allow them to:

A) Press a Quick Join button that will automatically connect them to the theoretical best match;

B) Select their preferred server from a filtered server list on the ACC multiplayer page.

Anyone expecting an automatic scheduled racing system, featuring a calendar, a booking system and continuously updating leagues misunderstood what was stated by Kunos Simulazioni; on the other side, all reacting to this with the feeling that an automatic matchmaking function would have been missing can hopefully feel better now.

Kunos Simulazioni, as already known, will continue developing ACC even after 1.0 in order to closely look the feedback from the community and make the Competizione even better after its initial full-version launch.

Dear ACC racers -

We have noticed some concerns over our forum post regarding a more detailed definition of the feature "matchmaking" and multiplayer.

This topic has been widely shared and discussed over various platforms, resulting in and alluding to an incorrect conclusion that Assetto Corsa Competizione will not feature any matchmaking feature and that the 1.0 version will only come with a simple server list when it comes to "how to join a multiplayer race" inside the title.

Even though ACC will release in a short time, we would like to clarify the situation in order to allow all current or future customers to be clear about this whole topic. We invite you to keep in mind the following:

- Our Dev. Blog forum post aimed to clarify that ACC will not feature any automatic scheduling of multiplayer races, and we would like to underline that nothing of the sort was ever promised during the Early Access programme.

- Assetto Corsa Competizione does feature multiplayer matchmaking. This feature is made possible thanks to a brand new Rating System (that will evolve together with the game after release in order to work even better), and it will help all players to automatically join the best match according to their skills and safety on track. Our system will first sort the servers giving the proper weight to players' preferences and rating indicators and secondly allow them to:

A) Press a Quick Join button that will automatically connect them to the theoretical best match;

B) Select their preferred server from a filtered server list on the ACC multiplayer page.

Anyone expecting an automatic scheduled racing system, featuring a calendar, a booking system and continuously updating leagues misunderstood what was stated by Kunos Simulazioni; on the other side, all reacting to this with the feeling that an automatic matchmaking function would have been missing can hopefully feel better now.

Kunos Simulazioni, as already known, will continue developing ACC even after 1.0 in order to closely look the feedback from the community and make the Competizione even better after its initial full-version launch.
Why have you posted this? it's already been posted and discussed numerous times,

I mean it looks awesome but i dont really care about graphics. I want a game with good physics and matchmaking, but i guess the matchmaking is already ruined before the full release is even out.
I hope they will patch it in as promised soon after the release.

Not sure what you mean by matchmaking being ruined. There are basically two ways to do this, you could just have the good old fashioned server browser / matchmaker like in Assetto Corsa and it would still be a proper matchmaking solution. The second option is to have this modern hybrid thing with quick join buttons and selection based on rating etc. I'm not a huge fan of the latter, but it's the direction all multiplayer games are going towards. As it seems that ACC will feature both of these options, I don't see where the issue is.

this game have good physics and ffb.No need to cry they will fix it !
I´m not crying around, and yes, ffb and the physics are great (never denied that). But the promise of making a rating system that can challenge iRacing just isnt true for the full release, and saying that just a month before the full release is disappointing. Its not like i dont think Kunos fill fix it but still, it should have benn implemented for 1.0.

I´m not crying around, and yes, ffb and the physics are great (never denied that). But the promise of making a rating system that can challenge iRacing just isnt true for the full release, and saying that just a month before the full release is disappointing. Its not like i dont think Kunos fill fix it but still, it should have benn implemented for 1.0.

They never promised anything close to what iRacing does. it was people and youtubers creating hype. It's your own fault if you are dissapointed, not Kunos' fault.

I liked ACC from 'day-one'. I think the folks at KS will 'nail'...it just like they did in AC.
That too was exceptional when they shifted focus and the community took over and ran it to the next level...or ten.
I do notice one thing visually I would like to see improved. It is the wiper clearing.
Right now, there doesn't seem to be a definitive arc as you'd notice when good wiper blades are clearing rain.
The accumulation on the windscreen also looks very similar to 'frozen rain'...even outside of the direct line of sight. It's a bit too 'heavy' and 'viscous'.
It is not on par with the third-party one created for AC.
Still, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
Great work by Kunos and Company.

Last edited:
I liked ACC from 'day-one'. I think the folks at KS will 'nail'...it just like they did in AC.
That too was exceptional when they shifted focus and the community took over and ran it to the next level...or ten.
I do notice one thing visually I would like to see improved. It is the wiper clearing.
Right now, there doesn't seem to be a definitive arc as you'd notice when good wiper blades are clearing rain.
The accumulation on the windscreen also looks very similar to 'frozen rain'...even outside of the direct line of sight. It's a bit too 'heavy' and 'viscous'.
It is not on par with the third-party one created for AC.
Still, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
Great work by Kunos and Company.
The accumulation on the windscreen also looks very similar to 'frozen rain'...even outside of the direct line of sight.
That is not on par with the one created for AC.

Kunos never created anything regarding weather, rain or wipers in AC.
Well, yes. They implemented useless wipers. And useless headlights.

Being that said:

-AC: "We will create an excellent simulation". No day-night. No weather.
-ACC: "We have day-night and weather. We will have matchmaking". No matchmaking.

Edit: Disagree.

Last edited:
With that definition every multiplayer game has matchmaking. This weaseling is pretty sad. All they had to do was to apologize for the misinformation and misunderstandings they caused about a feature they are not going to deliver. There done and dusted and lots of goodwill earned. Instead they redefined the term matchmaking to be so broad term that even super mario 1 and my coffee maker has matchmaking. Every sim has matchmaking now! Instead of being honest they have made themselves look dishonest and deflecting.

Well, at least we will have the faces of the real pilots of Blanpain! Awesome!
Dear ACC racers -

For me, It's clear that Kunos fail.
They built an awesome (and till now useless) Ranking System with 100 variables just to filter the online matches... yeah, buy that one lol They dreamed big and woke up wet in the middle of the night.
Well, we will have 10 good looking tracks and 10 good looking cars with decent physics. And pictures of pilots of Blancpain, of course. For a car simulation game at 2019, it's very poor.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing