Assetto Corsa Competizione: Silverstone Screenshots

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 8.jpg

Some new images from the Silverstone Circuit in Assetto Corsa Competizione have been released.

With the full V1 update to Assetto Corsa Competizione set to drop as soon as this May 29th, Kunos Simulazioni have showcased some rather tasty looking new images from the laserscanned version of Silverstone within the game.

Already containing a number of tracks from the 2018 Blancpain GT Series, version one will bring with it highly detailed laserscan versions of iconic tracks the like of Spa, Brands Hatch, Barcelona and Silverstone - and the home of the British Grand Prix is the latest track to be shown off by Kunos in todays image release.

With the real world series taking place at the same location today (check our Instagram account for some awesome images from the event), what better time to show the track in its virtual form!

Which track are you most looking to driving once ACC is fully released on Steam?

Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 5.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 1.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 7.jpg

For more Assetto Corsa Competizione news and discussion, head over to the ACC Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment. If you enjoy online racing yourself, you might enjoy our ACC League and Club Racing forum, a place to take in clean, fair and competitive online racing in this sim.

SRO E-Sport GT Series – Check out the latest news HERE.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I don't actually notice any tiling, well almost. True the lawn striping will be less noticeable from racing cam and most track cams, it will still be noticeable, more or less depending on relief.

Anybody tells from an image or a gameplay if that is with RTX on or off, I'll buy him/her a Porsche. It is something overrated technology again.

Of many previews of RTX ACC was probably the hardest to tell the difference. Simply because of the race track scene properties I guess. Big open spaces, objects far from one another... Still light works everywhere. Many things might not be acquired consciously because you don't look at a bit of shadow or reflection during the heat of the action and don't appreciate what the wonderful world is, but you always acquire it subconsciously and you'll always feel when something is right or wrong.

In many cases you can actually easily tell. I did not spend a lot of time examining, just briefly looked at pictures before asking, and it was a bit of a rhetorical question with an idea that screenshots were well produced, which unfortunately many people disagree with. Later noticed that shadows lods out, which iiric is not a thing with real time ray tracing technology. Also someone pointed out that shadows are too sharp....

RTX is great technology, it is easy to underrate it because industry learned great ways to fake things. But to fake things well there is plenty of effort. I don't know what it is to like to model for use with RTX, but I bet it is quicker and the end result is better.

The first thing which I got into my mind when I heard about RTX was that games will finally be able to have a realistic looking car body lol Currently GT Sport has it very well, but it is prebaked not real time as much as I know. When I was modding a car for AC1 I could never get the car paint look anywhere near actual real car, it has always been looking wrong in some way or another even official car shaders are massively compromised to look well in all cases, but in game never looks completely well... I think if you are developer by some means related with graphics you'd appreciate real time ray tracing by a great deal. Unless you are less picky about graphics.

I don't actually notice any tiling, well almost. True the lawn striping will be less noticeable from racing cam and most track cams, it will still be noticeable, more or less depending on relief.

Of many previews of RTX ACC was probably the hardest to tell the difference. Simply because of the race track scene properties I guess. Big open spaces, objects far from one another... Still light works everywhere. Many things might not be acquired consciously because you don't look at a bit of shadow or reflection during the heat of the action and don't appreciate what the wonderful world is, but you always acquire it subconsciously and you'll always feel when something is right or wrong.

In many cases you can actually easily tell. I did not spend a lot of time examining, just briefly looked at pictures before asking, and it was a bit of a rhetorical question with an idea that screenshots were well produced, which unfortunately many people disagree with. Later noticed that shadows lods out, which iiric is not a thing with real time ray tracing technology. Also someone pointed out that shadows are too sharp....

RTX is great technology, it is easy to underrate it because industry learned great ways to fake things. But to fake things well there is plenty of effort. I don't know what it is to like to model for use with RTX, but I bet it is quicker and the end result is better.

The first thing which I got into my mind when I heard about RTX was that games will finally be able to have a realistic looking car body lol Currently GT Sport has it very well, but it is prebaked not real time as much as I know. When I was modding a car for AC1 I could never get the car paint look anywhere near actual real car, it has always been looking wrong in some way or another even official car shaders are massively compromised to look well in all cases, but in game never looks completely well... I think if you are developer by some means related with graphics you'd appreciate real time ray tracing by a great deal. Unless you are less picky about graphics.
I accept your answer as you seems to be someone who knows what he is talking about. :)
But still the difference is not plain and obvious in many cases, and most of the users won't be able to appreciate the result until the technology is such hardware demanding and huge FPS drops we see.

Wasn't the RTX implementation during RTX release reflections only? Also wasn't it made by nVidia and not Kunos? I'm sure I read that Kunos weren't going for RTX on this gam.... Sim,and DX11 says no RT doesn't it?

Kunos pulled the same thing when AC went 1.0. The performance is abysmal, AI is garbage and multiplayer is basic.

After seeing the modding community did with Sol, I feel like Kunos should had stick to their own engine. The way ACC is designed is really underwhelming for me since day 1.

Wow, those graphics!
Definitely in the territory of blurring the lines between a game and real life.
Gonna need to do a double-take when watching any replays : "Hey...what race are you watching....wait a sec...that's a GAME????? Holy shi!t"

Kunos update track with all changes in Silverstone (related with the new curbs extension) or only update visual using Unreal? I take a look on spa sideos of ACC and some curbs dont match with actual Spa
I'm pretty sure, they are still using their existing laser scan data from the Assetto Corsa days. The scans aren't brand new but still pretty modern. I just can't see them putting that much time and money into scanning them again.

I'm pretty sure, they are still using their existing laser scan data from the Assetto Corsa days. The scans aren't brand new but still pretty modern. I just can't see them putting that much time and money into scanning them again.
I know this, by some tracks between AC scan and now 2018/2019 had some changes and alrerations in curbs and off track caracteristics like turf and the new curbs extension and salsages, barcelona appear updates to actual, silverstone its necessary to play and spa according release videos had some inconsistency, they update nurb after community ask for it, just do the same with others tracks if necessary

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back