Assetto Corsa Competizione: Silverstone Screenshots

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 8.jpg

Some new images from the Silverstone Circuit in Assetto Corsa Competizione have been released.

With the full V1 update to Assetto Corsa Competizione set to drop as soon as this May 29th, Kunos Simulazioni have showcased some rather tasty looking new images from the laserscanned version of Silverstone within the game.

Already containing a number of tracks from the 2018 Blancpain GT Series, version one will bring with it highly detailed laserscan versions of iconic tracks the like of Spa, Brands Hatch, Barcelona and Silverstone - and the home of the British Grand Prix is the latest track to be shown off by Kunos in todays image release.

With the real world series taking place at the same location today (check our Instagram account for some awesome images from the event), what better time to show the track in its virtual form!

Which track are you most looking to driving once ACC is fully released on Steam?

Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 3.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 4.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 5.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 1.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 6.jpg Assetto Corsa Competizione Silverstone Preview 7.jpg

For more Assetto Corsa Competizione news and discussion, head over to the ACC Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment. If you enjoy online racing yourself, you might enjoy our ACC League and Club Racing forum, a place to take in clean, fair and competitive online racing in this sim.

SRO E-Sport GT Series – Check out the latest news HERE.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I love Spa, it's a great track for racing on. I just wish that the servers could be set up to auto-rotate all the tracks all day and all night. With varying weather etc.
That would be awesome. You could jump into a virtual championship across the full calendar

Is this with RTX on ? Because it does look great, very impressive screenshots.

Just striped lawn is a bit unfortunate. Very obviously just a brighter and darker diffuse map. Very strict edges, but perhaps they manage that. Still looks wrong, but what really gives it out is the patches of no grass or burned out grass changing diffuse too.
We're not talking about the newest "Farming Simulator 2020", do we?

Just striped lawn is a bit unfortunate. Very obviously just a brighter and darker diffuse map. Very strict edges, but perhaps they manage that. Still looks wrong, but what really gives it out is the patches of no grass or burned out grass changing diffuse too.
Anybody tells from an image or a gameplay if that is with RTX on or off, I'll buy him/her a Porsche. It is something overrated technology again.

I think I fundamentally agree with you with the sharp and perfectly straight edges but only if we talk about the helicopter view.That view specifically exaggerates the kind of issues you mentioned (sharp edges, straight edges, tiling). These issues won't really be (easily) noticeable from the cockpit or even tv cams. Sure the grass looks anaemic from those helicopter angles (the low res black grass stripes especially in prev 7) because the 3d grass is lodded out (there isn't any in those pics) and any tiling issues (runoff tiling is pretty obvious in prev 7) become very apparent when you have big areas of material in view like that.

But when you bring the camera closer I doubt anybody will notice that runoff tiling issue or even the grass. In that preview 4 pic the grass already looks good. The prev 7 image especially looks weird. It somehow has this noise in it that makes it almost look like some special filter was used to specifically get that noisy rasterized picture.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back