Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Love how Kunos goes against the industry standard and gives us attractive early access pricing and free tracks like Laguna for AC. Never felt ripped off by them.

Completely agree with this, why pay almost £10 for tracks in other sims, yet £22 buys all tracks cars, and a game redesigned for a whole new time-consuming upgrade to UE !

One day all SIMS may be made this way...

#DEVSTAKENOTE !

Ill wait till full release and pick it up in the steam summer sale next yr. once I hear what the plan for add-ons is....granted the add-ons interest me.

Nearly $75 cad with current conversion rate + any possible expansions.

Too many games and not enough time to play.

Last edited:
My motherboard has given up on me so I've been trying to track down a decent Z77 board for a while.
I'm buying this on day one, and then hopefully I'll have the new board to plug in by then. Either that or I'll have sold a kidney to get a new Z370 with all the other bits etc...

Can't wait to take this for a spin!

Interesting and exciting. I think buying each step along the way is easier to stomach. I wonder if it will be 105 Euros when completed or more or less?
I am excited.

Edit: I completely misunderstood lol

Last edited:
Bargain, I didn't want to guess as low as £20(UK), but I agree that whilst this is a small series - at this price it's a complete steal !

Not long now!

Current exchange rate, according to xe.com is 1.10 Euro to the £ so you're looking at roughly £22, assuming the pound doesn't tank any further.

However I don't think it will be that low - you tend to see games advertised at, for example 44.99 Euro ending up being £44.99 in the UK (£44.99 seems to have become an industry standard/default price in the UK recently, the American's have a $60 standard/default price point, roughly £46, and there's been talk of whether or not the US market will take a price increase on that standard price point...).

So that 24.99 Euro starting price will probably translate into £24.99 here in the UK, regardless of actual exchange rates.

I lost interest in Blancpain a couple of years ago though, I find it rather stale and boring (the commentary team doesn't help that (wish we could do something to bring back James Hunt and keep Murray Walker going)), so I doubt I'll be buying this, unless people start modding it (if modding will even be possible) with content I am interested in and it has all the features (and hopefully more) that GTR2 has.

I also will not buy into Early Access games (I don't trust giving up money I could spend better elsewhere, especially if a game ends up being a turd), and I definitely won't be paying £44.99 come Early Access stage 5 or Gold release. I'm not and never have been in a position where I can think that prices like £44.99 are chump change nor am I some raving rabid lunatic, who will queue up on day 0 to throw money at sales assistants (or Steam).

I also refuse to support the price creep that is going on in video gaming, the current attitude generally seems to be give us more and more $ for less and less content, we as gamers shouldn't be supporting the price creep and I will not enable that business practice - CoD Black Ops 4 for example (devoid of anything bar a multiplayer battle royale mode) is being advertised for pre-order at anything between £50 and £60, Activision are giving gamers a bare bones game and laughing at them and all the way to the bank!! Given the stage 5 price is 44.99 Euro for this game (I expect final release (Gold) to be the same), and F1 2018 is priced £44.99, I don't think it'll be long before we see even more of the same greed in racing titles (outside of iRacing), especially as there seems to be a quite wealthy core of gamers willing to blindly hand over their wallets...

Sorry for the rant, I'm just fed up with seeing a hobby I love and have been doing for 26 years being pushed out of my reach, due to the greed of the (multi-billion dollar) industry and gamers happily raving about how they're going to cough up on day 0 without any consideration whatsoever...

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years