Assetto Corsa Competizione Roadmap - Price Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ACC Release Schedule.jpg

Launch day is getting closer, and now we know what we can expect to pay and the content we will receive during the Early Access development of ACC...

At 24.99eu upon launch this September 12th, Assetto Corsa Competizione is certainly one very competitively priced piece of software - even if the initial build of the simulation will be a little light on content and features in the opening weeks of its development.

In something of a very welcome move by Kunos Simulazioni, those who make the decision to adopt early into the programme will be rewarded with a heavily discounted price, a nice reward for the first players in the door, and a very sound move by Kunos to reward the loyal fanbase of the title. With monthly updates, features and new content planned right the way through to early 2019 prior to a full launch, the game will steadily rise in price up to the final retail cost in Q1 2019.

ACC 1.jpg
ACC 2.jpg
ACC 3.jpg
ACC 4.jpg
ACC 5.jpg
ACC 6.jpg
ACC 7.jpg

I think this is a rather impressive strategy from Kunos, and very clearly shows what gamers can expect to receive with the title from the very earliest stages of the development path - bravo to Kunos for this refreshing and clear, open and honest approach.

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be available to purchase on Steam Early Access from September 12th 2018.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting upcoming sim. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to ACC? At which stage of development are you planning on purchasing the game (if at all)? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
OK, but I want everything on max. That's the kinda guy I am.

I feel the same...thinking of selling my upgraded Mac Pro to finally get a modern gaming machine. It’s pretty powerful for an 8 year old machine (it’ll run any sim on single screen 1080p or 1440p at a solid 60 - 100+ FPS) but I need next-gen triple screen power now.

Don’t be surprised if you see a Mac Pro pop up in the classifieds...

Guess its time to upgrade the 1060 :D. That card isn't running anything on max from this point on. Gotta pay to play my friend.
My problem with this that I play games running UE4 at 2560x1080 maxed out without any problem. Games with photorealistic and insainly detailed enviroment. So why the fps drops in future games while no new engine under those games?

My problem with this that I play games running UE4 at 2560x1080 maxed out without any problem. Games with photorealistic and insainly detailed enviroment. So why the fps drops in future games while no new engine under those games?
Im no expert, but the game engine isn't the only deciding factor. Its how the developers use the game engine and how much detail they use. And how they optimize it. for example. Battlefield 4 and battlefield 1 both run on the Frostbite 3 engine. But battlefield 4 runs way better on my machine that 1

Im no expert, but the game engine isn't the only deciding factor. Its how the developers use the game engine and how much detail they use. And how they optimize it. for example. Battlefield 4 and battlefield 1 both run on the Frostbite 3 engine. But battlefield 4 runs way better on my machine that 1
Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to say. :)
As I said before the optimization is not good if I got 35fps on a PC with Ryzen5 1600x/GTX1060/16GB since I play other games with complex lighting and physics and enviroment on same engine at 2560x1080 maxed out at 55-80fps.
So I'll buy ACC EA today, but if I don't get 45+ fps everything maxed out I will go for refund for sure.

Last edited:
As I said before the optimization is not good if I got 35fps on a PC with Ryzen5 1600x/GTX1060/16GB since I play other games with complex lighting and physics and enviroment on same engine at 2560x1080 maxed out at 55-80fps.
So I'll buy ACC EA today, but if I don't get 45+ fps everything maxed out I will go for refund for sure.

Maybe you should wait until the day before the price goes up (around November) then test it out briefly to benchmark (don’t go over 2 hours).

Odds are by then they should have optimized it a bit and you might get a better chance at high FPS.

i doubt you will be getting 35. 45 - 50 seems fair.. but i personally dont like racing at anything less than 60. Im playing on my laptop with a 1060 6gb for now so i dont mind turning down some settings. My main rig is out of commision..

so to i dont think you should be worried. Im getting 50 fps with everything on epic except for shadows and AA, which are both on high. and this is on my laptop with a i7 7700hq and 1060 6gb. and whats even better is that this is with it connected to my 1440p monitor. so im sure at your res you should be doing 60 easy.

@ RD staff: thanks for deleting my comments so promptly. So it's an "attack on the devs" to post how the founder of Kunos Simulazioni behaves with its paying customers? What a piece of funny logic coming from a sim website. And quick reaction time. Wonder if the one who pays for both is the same one that doesn't want the backlash. Do keep that up.

@ RD staff: thanks for deleting my comments so promptly. So it's an "attack on the devs" to post how the founder of Kunos Simulazioni behaves with its paying customers? What a piece of funny logic coming from a sim website. And quick reaction time. Wonder if the one who pays for both is the same one that doesn't want the backlash. Do keep that up.

Maybe it's because the topic you are talking about is over a year old and has been discussed to death on here, on Reddit, on Facebook and in every other Sim-Forum :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Maybe it's because the topic you are talking about is over a year old and has been discussed to death on here, on Reddit, on Facebook and in every other Sim-Forum :rolleyes:

The topic that Kunos Simulazioni's customer relations are lacking, to say the least, is actually ongoing; visit the official forums' bug submission section. The new problem here is apparently RD considering that criticism towards KS's deplorable customer service is actually an attack on them, and worth deleting comments. ;)

The topic that Kunos Simulazioni's customer relations are lacking, to say the least, is actually ongoing; visit the official forums' bug submission section. The new problem here is apparently RD considering that criticism towards KS's deplorable customer service is actually an attack on them, and worth deleting comments. ;)
I'm visiting this forum every day and there is nothing wrong :O_o:

The new problem here is apparently RD considering that criticism towards KS's deplorable customer service is actually an attack on them, and worth deleting comments.
You mean we are wrong to prevent you from derailing a thread with a rant that had nothing to do with the topic.
Quite obviously you have an issue with Kunos but this thread isn't the place for raising it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%