Assetto Corsa Competizione: Release 6 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione 'release 6' is here!

UPDATE 4.3.19 @ 21:48:
In case of performance issues first of all we recommend wiping AC2 and ACC folders in AppData/Local and Documents, respectively. Then we even recommend a full reinstall, especially with VR. Then, Mirrors Resolution is extremely heavy, I personally don't recommend going over MID (also try to turn them off). Temporal Upsampling and Volumetric Fog are to be disabled in VR, make sure you do that too.

Welcoming Monza, two wonderful Nissan GT-R GT3 cars and a massive change log... Assetto Corsa Competizione is now at Release 6 status and is available NOW!

Release 6 Update Notes:
  • Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2018 model year.
  • Added Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2015 model year.
  • Added Monza Circuit.
  • Driving (F1) cameras reworked: added two more driving cameras (dash pro - with car hidden intended for built cockpits - and far chase), game now remembers last used camera and added option to lock/hide driver and steering wheel per car. Lateral camera adjustment now also exposed in the View Settings.
  • Camera movement settings now stored in Config/CameraSettings.jon, the old CameraOptionsEA.json is deprecated. General Movement adjusts movements in cockpit camera, Dashcam Factor adjust how much of that movement is transferred to the dash and bonnet cameras.
  • IMPORTANT: old camera settings will be lost.
  • Look L/R now works correctly in helmet camera. Look L/R looks to the side mirrors.
  • TV onboard (F6) cameras added for available cars.
  • Free (F7) camera now available with Cinema HUD (open with mouse scroll button).
  • NOTE: this is NOT a full-feature camera mode, but allows players to enjoy visuals to a greater degree and take screenshots.
  • Rewrite of multiplayer/gameplay code to improve stability and session progression.
  • Ingame menus restructured and divided into Garage and Pause menu.
  • Ingame HUD reorganised and added session status widget.
  • New Radar widget added to HUD based on the popular app for the original Assetto Corsa.
  • Updated configuration for dedicated servers, see https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...server-configuration-for-server-admins.54830/
    Introducing dynamic weather: (potentially) available on official Kunos Practice servers only until relevant game and UI features are added.
  • Multiplayer sessions now emulate race weekends: rubber, dry line (general: weather and track status) represent the situation based on race day and time of day.
  • UI and video settings are now stored in text files (...Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\menuSettings.json).
  • IMPORTANT: your previous menu, graphical and game settings will be lost.
  • Added advanced video settings, including mirror resolution, sharpening filter, material quality level, temporal upsampling, volumetric fog, bloom, camera dirt effect and foliage.
  • Default graphics settings adjusted to allow for higher performance without noticeable loss to visual quality.
  • Added session type tags in the UI car selection page to help identify entries eligible in different race types.
  • NOTE: In quick race mode, the opponent field is generated based on the player's choice of entry.
  • Added model year tag in the UI car selection to help identify car models in different evo versions.
  • Assist options will now reliably update when changed during a session.
  • Further adjustments to headlight effects in TV cameras.
  • More realistic full formation lap with AI.
  • AI aggressiveness tuning.
  • AI grid generation now takes into account real life driver skill. Quick Race grids are generated with more consistency.
  • Number of opponents increased to track capacity: bigger fields are now possible as a result, the current limit depends on each individual track.
  • NOTE: Sprint races (both in race weekend and quick race modes) retain grid size limitation due to the number of available real-life entries.
  • Improved raindrop effects on car windshields.
  • Water spray from opponent cars now affects the player car's windshield in a dynamic way, taking into account distance, speed and track wetness.
  • Automatic wiper assist now reacts to water spray and not just rain.
  • Improvements to the appearance of wet and damp track surfaces, especially in low-wetness ranges, which should improve the perception of track conditions.
  • Improvements to car vs. track surface collisions.
  • Audio channel usage optimization.
  • Reworked and more reliable marshalling system with checkered, yellow, white and blue flags.
  • Added new spotter messages.
  • Added race communication alerts.
  • Losing the server connection (e.g. by a server restart) will now trigger a permanent message.
  • Important race communication alerts are displayed for a longer time.
  • Better highlights overtake detection.
  • Optimized CPU use on all threads.
  • Optimized replay memory usage.
  • Optimized netcode and bandwith usage for Multiplayer servers.
  • Volume and audio settings now affect the intro music.
  • Added video sequences volume.
  • Fixes to various car LODs to reduce pop-in in racing scenarios.
  • Adjusted driver position in the BMW M6 GT3.
  • Adjusted driver steering animations.
  • Adjusted wet tyre shader and added ambient occlusion on tyres.
  • Fixed potentially wrong resolution and crashes when starting the game.
  • Fixed multiple crashes occurring when quitting sessions.
  • Fixed replay time multiplier not resetting on session change.
  • Fixed potentially wrong car location detection.
  • Fixed static car shadow fading out at high speeds.
  • Improved tyre model combined grip.
  • Improved tyre heat model, especially in overheat conditions.
  • Tyre wear is now affected differently by different kerbs, concrete and other surfaces.
  • Tweaks in preset setups for all cars (we highly advise to not use older setups).
  • Improved vertical surfaces aero model.
  • MoTeC Telemetry implementation.
  • Setup Electronics page now includes a slider to select the number of telemetry laps to be saved at the end of a driving session.
  • MoTeC ACC dedicated workspace, created from Blancpain telemetry engineer used for evaluating basic setup and driver performance.
  • Added native DBox SDK support.
  • Added option to enable/disable native Fanatec LEDs.
  • Setup minimum fuel load set at 2 litres for all cars.
  • Fixed Ferrari 488 GT3 wrong fuel visualization in setup screen.
  • Steering ratio tweaks for all cars.
  • Monza BoP A adjustments for all cars.
  • Tweaks in tyres dirt accumulation and grip levels when going on grass and sand.
  • Sand traps now slow the cars down.
  • Fix to unreliable car spawn in certain situations.
  • Flipped cars will automatically spawn in the pits.
  • Severe cutting will result in immediate disqualification in any type of Multiplayer sessions.
  • Ratings: Track Competence (TR) has improved feedback in the UI; you will see all the sectors necessary, so the progress is easy to understand.
  • Ratings: Track Competence (TR) algorithm improved to reduce false positive aborts.
  • Ratings: Consistency (CN) was rewritten during the refactoring; it should work similarly but has improved precision on various aspects.
  • Ratings: Car Control (CC) largely improved algorithm and UI feedback. It is a lot harder to gain higher ratings, unless you are driving very well.
  • Ratings: Car Control (CC) now understands the concept of turning the wheel too much, and give appropriate feedback.
  • NOTE: Pace (PC) and Total (TO) ratings will be improved and adjusted during the days after this version.
  • NOTE: The maximum number of all ratings will be set to 99 (instead of 100).
  • NOTE: ALL RATINGS AND DRIVER PROFILES WILL BE RESET WITH THIS 0.6 RELEASE.
  • Backend servers: improved reconnection stability.
  • Backend servers: fixed multiplayer sessions not registering stats and laptimes in certain situations.
  • Passworded servers can now be created.
  • NOTE: passworded servers must be searched for manually in the lobby search field.
  • Single player Sprint Race Weekend mode reworked and now has forced tyre change and driver swap.
  • NOTE: Endurance Race Weekend game mode is temporarily disabled until supporting features and UI elements are completed (pit stops and penalties).
  • NOTE: Pit stop crew animations are temporarily disabled until full functionality is retained.
  • NOTE: The Broadcasting API is temporarily disabled

Assetto Corsa Competizione is available via the Steam Early Access Programme and is current at release 6 status.

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this potentially awesome new sim.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Does anyone noted that the automatic speed limiter bug is still there ?
Even if you go in first gear into pits and the limiter is switched on automatically as soon as you shift up to second gear it´s gone and you can go as fast as you want in the pitlane.

What i also noted: I did today 5 races with different cars. Everytime i start the second race of a race weekend at Zolder with the BMW M6 the car doesn´t start the engine as soon as i go to hit the track for the start. Neither automatic engine start nor the manual start is working. Anyone else facing this problem ?

Back to graphics:
Having set the post-processing effects to medium, mirror resolution to medium and motion blur to off the game runs smooth and around 120 fps when i am alone on track and still about 80fps with 28 opponents racing.
System:
Intel i7 4790K
16GB Ram
Geforce GTX1070
Screen resolution: 2560x1080@144hz (BenQ XR3501 Monitor)
Win-10

Can not complain in any way about having a big fps impact with the new update.

Edit: Added resolution

Still cant go to Controls without reversing to main menu everytime:(

Thats probably the one thing I am disappointed about with the current state of ACC, that and I want endurance races back but I know they were having AI fuel issues that need to be sorted out.

Once i did a fresh install, all went well , difficult to say how much the fps improved
by, it is quite varible if left to it’s own refresh rate.
It must be more than 30% improvement in fps, once i had sorted out what was to be
adjusted.

Tried to not use PP, but it just looks better with it, so i just dumbed it down.

The only complaint , and i am very happy with progress so far, is.....

It’s is about time they fixed the stupid IDEAL RACING LINE.

could not help myself:p

Hi, can you please explain what to do in game or off game, having the same issue with my t300.

On the TX458 base:

Press the D-Pad left or right with the Mode button. The usually red 'mode' light then flashes green 1-4 times, 1 270 DOR, 2 360 DOR, 3 540 Dor, 4 900 DOR - this overrides both the dashboard and in game settings. Mine has been fine since I set it to 900 on the wheel base.

I'm not sure if the T300 is exactly the same.

On the TX458 base:

Press the D-Pad left or right with the Mode button. The usually red 'mode' light then flashes green 1-4 times, 1 270 DOR, 2 360 DOR, 3 540 Dor, 4 900 DOR - this overrides both the dashboard and in game settings. Mine has been fine since I set it to 900 on the wheel base.

I'm not sure if the T300 is exactly the same.

Yeah it's the same and it works, thanks a lot.

Can't find any info but can anyone tell me why only some cars in MP have the player name on top when names are selected to be On?
Also is there anyway known to show player position with their name in MP above car? ATM it shows name and ping only.

I have to say that ACC has taken a giant step forward. I owned from the beginning. A race against the AI is now fantastic! It's really fun. I tried everything on Sim Racing, I had one of the first online leagues in 2003/2004, then GTR1 GTR2 and Rfactor1. The replay after the race is the the bomb !!!! So far THANK YOU to the makers !!! Just awesome ... Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really loving release 6. Running a 2080ti with almost everything on epic in VR with 1.6x supersampling and it's very smooth.

Does anyone know how to show the FPS meter in VR?

• Deleted member 637371

Perhaps I was lucky, but the new update worked fine for me.

In saying that i didn't venture online and only did a few quick laps in the Nissan, but I must admit, I enjoyed the few laps I did :)

Still no head-tracking yet though.

From reading the majority of the comments on here I thought it would be an utter train wreck but after a sizeable break from ACC I must say I was shocked at the progress and how far this title has come! The FFB is amazing, better than RF2, better than AMS. The audio is brilliant too. Graphics look much better - the only thing I am suffering with is a HUGE drop in frame rates at the start of the race, but once the first corner is completed it's smooth sailing from there. FPS ranging from 57-90, to some that may be unacceptable but to me that's enough. I'm running an Nvidia 980, with a fairly dated CPU . So I don't know what's going on!

ACC is doing well all thing considering ! If it was a finished title id be a bit pissed ,but seeing as its "EA" and we don't "really" know when it going 1.0 (even though it was told to be at the end of Q1) i am really enjoying it as is .
There have been a few stumbles for me, like full black screens for 3 odd seconds (felt like we had a blackout but i still had sound) and a couple of big frame drops , but again EA !

FFB is good , cars all feel different and good , MP sucks as usually ,but that isn't Kunos's fault , people don't know how to drive and even try to win during the rolling start !!!!!!!!!!!! FFS people !!!!!!!!!!!!! Graphics are good and performance is good also despite those frame drops and things !

Im certainly glad i spent $25 on it ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back